Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
BETA_ParanoidAndroid - Team DRH (03/14/13)

The original and very useful G-tablet thread can be found here: http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/60938-rom-310-beta-paranoidandroid-team-drh-031413/

It is a 'stock' PA ROM developed by Team DRH on the same kernel/device tree as CM10.1 and the main dev is redeyedjedi with fosser2 in support.

Follow the install procedures in the Gtab tread, it is a straight flash (& wipe) coming from CM10.1 but has first flash instructions similar to CM10.1 when coming from an older rom/partition. BE SURE TO FOLLOW THOSE INSTRUCTIONS EXACTLY. Most first boot/bootloop issues are caused by either not successfully NV Flashing the device or not partitioning the internal storage after flashing. Also read andywheels Hpad specific comments to installing CM10.1 on the Hpad (see link below).

Use the latest Hpad kernel released (see second post in the CM10.1 topic).

Post all Hpad related issues in this tread (to prevent the Gtab one getting cluttered) and be sure keep an eye on the CM10.1 discussion as well, since most issues should be the same in both roms.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Installed this yesterday and it is awesome.

Installed on a 1653 using the Kazpar v1.0 Kernel and using the Apex Launcher. Added no Frills and OC to 1.2

The Good:
Speed is good. Lag now and again, mainly when mutli tasking
No SOD so far
Rotation and hardware buttons all work

The Bad:
Apps can randomly close back to desktop

Caution:
When following the instructions, the partitioning seems to have also partitioned my external SD card, please back this up before installing and dont lose everything like me!

Fastest on the Hannspad so far.

Keep up the good work Team DRH and Kazpar your all awesome.

·
Registered
98 Posts
i installed it a couple of days ago & its been working fine so far

i never installed any kernel
OCed to 12 with no frills as it run slow before hand
HDMI runs fine - but still have a problem with sound but i just have to reboot before i use it
i used gapps from goo "pa_gapps-full-4.2-20130308" but had to remove mostly everthing
installed holo launcher hd as the stock launcher seems slow
love pie i use it all the time on my nexus 7
had to use the reset button this morning as i could not start it
my bluetooth earphones work fine as well

it seems like a keeper

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've installed this release on 2 Hannspads, both model 1653. Initially I had a boot loop - didn't read the instructions properly about partitioning internal storage first - the release definately seems like a keeper to me as well.

Oddly only one tablet suffers from sleep of death everytime it goes to sleep and I have to use wakelock to prevent it from freezing but the other hasn't suffered any sleeping issues at all (so far).

Tried several games and even played a few for an hour or two, no crashes so far. Only issues with games so far are Gear and Guts which suffers badly from screen flickering and Dark Meadow: The Pact just shows a black screen - a shame because it worked on previous Team DRH ROM releases. Having only 512MB RAM is alway going to be an issue - 128MB looks to be allocated to the GPU, which doesn't leave that much room for Android and any of the increasingly larger games that are getting released of late.

This ROM is still the best I've tried for the Hannspad in my opinion and I've tried several.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi, I've just flashed my hanspree 1653 with this topics JB 4.2.x DRH rom and then the Kazpar-Kernel-v1-1 on top(cleared all the cache out first) and after a re-boot my device is now stuck on the CyanogenMod loader screen. It was previously running the DRH JB 4.1.x rom with the Graveen-Kernel-v1.2b kernal and that all went on ok.

I've tried re-applying the updates and also re-booting and also leaving for over an hour.

Has anyone got any clues, have I done something wrong? thanks in advance

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've fixed it. I went back to Kazpar-Kernel-v1 (was using 1.1 before) and its working ok. One question though. Is there anyway to change the DPI? I used to up this on my hanspree 1653 (usinf previous kernals\roms)for a sharper screen effect?

·
Registered
35 Posts
i installed it a couple of days ago & its been working fine so far

i never installed any kernel
OCed to 12 with no frills as it run slow before hand
HDMI runs fine - but still have a problem with sound but i just have to reboot before i use it
Can u explain what u mean with "HDMI runs fine...""
thanks!!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Can u explain what u mean with "HDMI runs fine...""
thanks!!
on every rom apart from stock & the DRH 4.0.4 rom (with kernel) i have problems getting HDMI working properly most just dont work at all & some have major problems
even this rom gives me problems with sound not working properly but i figured out if i reboot before i use HDMI it works fine (so i can live with it)

i only use my tab for the HDMI features now & the odd game of minecraft with my son who plays it on the nexus 7

·
Registered
35 Posts
@scdsone

So HDMI works on DRH 4.0.4 rom (with kernel)<-- wich one??

I also use it for HMDI mostly...

I now have PA REDORB super HDMI
https://dl.dropbox.com/s/und7tob5ruerwg9/PA_red-orb_super_hdmi_v1.3.zip?dl=1

But this rom does now and then gives me force closes on various apps...

the ROM "flashback reunion" (Honeycomb) feels slow... but with working HDMI !!

nice 2 share my experience with you

·
Registered
98 Posts
Isn't that the one when the sound drops a second every now and then??
nope it runs perfectly for me even the rom runs near perfect apart for the random reboots a couple of times a week

this ParanoidAndroid rom runs really well for me as well just some times i have to reboot before i use HDMI because the sound will stop working ive had it running for a week with no random reboot & since starting to use wakelock i have not had another SOD (IVE JUST HAD THE ONE)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.