Android Tablets Forum banner
1061 - 1080 of 1092 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
can anyone please help, most games like song pop, mini golf hd, pes2012 and a few others display wrong with thisrom its like the game images are far to big for the screen and lots get missed off, however gta 3 and angr birds work just fine? is there any way of fixing this ?

besides that this rom is spot on! brings the life back to the hannspad!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Installed 1.3 Seems fine so far except Google Search keeps force closing? It did work briefly earlier on.
I had 1.2 on so just did a data and cache wipe and installed the ROM and added Marcero's OC8 kernel v12.
Did I do wrong?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Installing the latest kernel and using the conservative option as suggested, is the antibytes option the best to choose during install?
with the antibyte kernel I had a lot of random reboots (4-5 times a day). Tried to look what it caused but couldn't find it. In the past the kernel worked good for me. So I flashed fards kernel over my install, ever since no problems, and no SOD. Runs very smooth now, been using fards kernel for prob about a week now, with drh version 1.3. So, based on my experience I would say fards.

·
Premium Member
466 Posts
with the antibyte kernel I had a lot of random reboots (4-5 times a day). Tried to look what it caused but couldn't find it. In the past the kernel worked good for me. So I flashed fards kernel over my install, ever since no problems, and no SOD. Runs very smooth now, been using fards kernel for prob about a week now, with drh version 1.3. So, based on my experience I would say fards.
I agree that the fards kernel prevents SOD issues but it does have touchscreen issues which cause problems in some apps and games and generally makes the touch interaction feel laggy.

I'd recommend trying the teamwolfmod kernel out. It really makes the Hannspad touchscreen responsive and the whole system snappier:

http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/35479-wolfmod-ics-kernel/

It's very easy to flash various kernels so it's worth playing with a few to see which suits you best. Just remember to wipe the dalvik cache in CWM after flashing or you might well get some reboots and freezes.

If you're one of those people who gets SOD issues with antibyte based kernels, I'd recommend using wakelock, available free in the play store. You won't get the same battery life but you will be able to wake your tablet up every time...
:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=eu.thedarken.wl&hl=en

·
Premium Member
466 Posts
Installed 1.3 Seems fine so far except Google Search keeps force closing? It did work briefly earlier on.
I had 1.2 on so just did a data and cache wipe and installed the ROM and added Marcero's OC8 kernel v12.
Did I do wrong?
Fair few people over in the G-tab forum have had this problem. Fixes that came up were:

It's that first option in the menu (Google suggestions) that caused the problem for me. That's the predictive, auto-complete function. Try unchecking it, the primary google search function will still work.
and

I believe the Google Search force close issue lies in the app. I uninstalled the version that came with the ROM and installed the version from GAppZ 8.3 and it no longer force closes.
and I found another:

I solved this problem by doing the following: Click on search, but do not begin typing. Go into the settings for search, in the upper right hand corner (three dots). Once in the settings, you can choose which items to search...I deselected everything other than google search. No apps, no pictures, no video, no sounds, etc. No issues after that.
Hope that helps.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Ok, don't flame here.

For the life of me, i feel stupid, been looking for 2 hours now, and i can't seem to get fastboot to run on my hannspad (which i used to... i don't get it
).
Basically i want to "fastboot flash boot_new.img" a tweaked boot.img, any one can help ?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
466 Posts
Ok, don't flame here.

For the life of me, i feel stupid, been looking for 2 hours now, and i can't seem to get fastboot to run on my hannspad (which i used to... i don't get it
).
Basically i want to "fastboot flash boot_new.img" a tweaked boot.img, any one can help ?

Thanks.
I'm wondering if you need to add 'boot' as well as the path to the img. eg...

Code:
fastboot flash boot /path/to/<boot>.img
Sorry not to be more helpful.

·
Registered
265 Posts
i know the command andy, it's just that my hannspad doesn't recognize the fastboot mode :-/

Anyway, i sorted it out with an update zip:

Code:
ui_print("Little boot.img installer v1.0 ");<br />
ui_print("by Kameo - 30/07/2012");<br />
show_progress(0.500000, 0);<br />
<br />
ui_print("Writing Boot image");<br />
assert(package_extract_file("boot.img", "/tmp/boot.img"), write_raw_image("/tmp/boot.img", "boot"), delete("/tmp/boot.img"));<br />
ui_print("Job done!");<br />
show_progress(0.100000, 0);

·
Premium Member
466 Posts
Yeah, I got the wrong end of the stick there. Sorry Kameo. Glad you got it sorted.

Now I'm interested in what you're tweaking.

I've just noticed the vids on tiwaz's first post point to non hannspad content. That's a bit odd.

·
Registered
265 Posts
No prob mate, i'm just trying to get otg/usb recognized

I mean, we managed to get it working on previous kernel, while it was not supported, with a few tweaks, so I'm just trying to see what was done before and try to apply it here.

Yet, i don't know what was tweaked on the kernel level, i managed to get some infos from Roebeet's xoom thread:
http://www.slatedroi...es-on-the-xoom/

Basically, he just added OTG to the kernel with some lines to 2 files and that was done oO
I tried the same, so I decompiled the boot.img, modified the relevant files according to Roebeet, recompiled it the boot.img, flashed it... and it didn't work :-/

We need to know exactly, how our usb device is named (could be usbdisk, usbdevice, usbOTG...), since it's done, i guess that we can hopefully implement it.
So if anyone, want to join the ride, you're welcome.

Roebeet's tweaks:

First, add to this file : /etc/vold.fstab (sometimes system/etc/vold.fstab):
Code:
dev_mount usbdisk /mnt/usbdisk auto /devices/platform/tegra-ehci
Then, add to init.rc:
Code:
<br />
# setup the global environment<br />
export EXTERNAL_STORAGE_UDISK /mnt/udisk<br />
<br />
# create mountpoints<br />
mkdir /mnt/usbdisk 0000 system system<br />
<br />
# Backwards Compat<br />
symlink /mnt/usbdisk /usbdisk<br />
This tells VOLD where to mount the device, when it's plugged in. After the change, you need to reboot.

The altered boot.img adds a folder called /usbdisk, so that way if you connect a USB thumb drive using the cable I linked to above, it will automount the thumb drive and you can access files.

I tested this with an HP 125W FAT32 8GB thumb drive, and it worked without an issue.

The only caveat I can think of is that YMMV on thumb drives - some might require more power than the Xoom can supply.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi,

I have installed this rom and having a few issues,
main issue is when I go into setting and rom control and change any of the performance setting i.e. min cpu or max cpu or free ram or even any of the governors then tick the set on boot, and reboot all of the settings are back to how they origanlally were? any ideas? or tips?

·
Premium Member
466 Posts
Hi,

I have installed this rom and having a few issues,
main issue is when I go into setting and rom control and change any of the performance setting i.e. min cpu or max cpu or free ram or even any of the governors then tick the set on boot, and reboot all of the settings are back to how they origanlally were? any ideas? or tips?
Could be a kernel issue. Which one are you using?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I've tried the Team WolfMod Rom and this one but I'm having a problem connecting my Hannspad to my PC.

The option for "Mass Storage" is greyed out (can't select) and the only other options are "Media Device" and "Camera" - but they only showing up on my pc as jpg's and avi's.

I have tried with "USB debugging" on (and with it off) but still have the same problem.

I have searched to see if there is a fix for this but can't find one. I have re-flashed both roms and still have same problem. Does anyone else have this problem and can anyone advise a way to fix this or is this "normal".

Also some movies (1080p) are very choppy and out of sync. Is this normal (are these not compatible with the pad) - should I convert them before playing on my pad?

Many thanks for any replies.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I was happily using TeamDRH ICS ROM 1.2 and Antibyte 12.2 kernel for a month - no problems, ran great.

Have just done a fresh install from scratch of TeamDRH ICS ROM 1.3 + Wolfmod's kernel 2.9
Even better, although the rotation is inverted - it's upside down whichever way I hold it. Have had to turn auto-rotation off. Eveything else is silky smooth. Thanks to all the developers who work so hard on this.

1061 - 1080 of 1092 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.