Android Tablets Forum banner
1041 - 1060 of 1092 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,041 ·
The instructions to follow are in the first two posts of this thread as maintained by tiwaz.

Anybody else having issues should ensure they have followed these instructions and not those of the GTab thread.

Tiwaz, is it possible to you could update the rom download to version 1.3.
Many thanks.
Ofcourse, 1.3 is in the first post now changed the changelog information have to add information about the oc8 kernel.

1.3 was released when i were on holiday in Greece which I still am but i've bought internet to chrck the forum out. Internet is VERY slow and it took me like almost 30 minutes to edit the post
that's why I do further changes later on when im back (which is after the weekend allready *sad face*).

Also a new developer Started for the hannspad called team wolfmod, will contact them so i can provide their kernel for the hannspad in the main thread to. It looks very promising but still need some testers to try their kernel with the teamDRH's ROM. Also be sure to check out team wolfmod's ROM which looks very promosing and may even be better!

Sorry for the late update on the thread

·
Registered
24 Posts
I flashed 1.3 last ngiht , and oc8 kernel, over 1.2. Seems fine ....BUT when I view the tablet info, it lists the TeamDRH ROM version as 1.2-13APR2012, not 1.3? Have I missed something out.

I cleared all settings, then dalvik and then cache, then flashed 1.3 ROM (checked MD5 first) , then flashed OC8 before rebooting. Chose antibyte kernel

I presume it should update the ROM info to 1.3 under the "about tablet" setting?

·
Premium Member
466 Posts
Ofcourse, 1.3 is in the first post now changed the changelog information have to add information about the oc8 kernel.

1.3 was released when i were on holiday in Greece which I still am but i've bought internet to chrck the forum out. Internet is VERY slow and it took me like almost 30 minutes to edit the post
that's why I do further changes later on when im back (which is after the weekend allready *sad face*).

Also a new developer Started for the hannspad called team wolfmod, will contact them so i can provide their kernel for the hannspad in the main thread to. It looks very promising but still need some testers to try their kernel with the teamDRH's ROM. Also be sure to check out team wolfmod's ROM which looks very promosing and may even be better!

The latest marcero kernel is actually here:
http://dl.marcero.de/oc1b1.zip

afaik, oc1b1, and oc8 before it, work at their best when using the conservative guvnor as marcero optimised that for the hannspad.

sad face from being on hols in Greece eh? You'll get no sympathy from me matey.
Hope you're having a good time.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,045 ·
The latest marcero kernel is actually here:
http://dl.marcero.de/oc1b1.zip

afaik, oc1b1, and oc8 before it, work at their best when using the conservative guvnor as marcero optimised that for the hannspad.

sad face from being on hols in Greece eh? You'll get no sympathy from me matey.
Hope you're having a good time.
Wow, i missed that one!? Any way it's also added to the main thread and read to some changes which makes it imo the recommended kernel. Guess the changes didn't add in stability issues?
Again changelog after the weekend but any one interested can probaly find it easily in the thread.

I sureley enjoy my holiday but i don't mind being back at home because it's TO hot here.

·
Premium Member
466 Posts
Wow, i missed that one!? Any way it's also added to the main thread and read to some changes which makes it imo the recommended kernel. Guess the changes didn't add in stability issues?
Again changelog after the weekend but any one interested can probaly find it easily in the thread.

I sureley enjoy my holiday but i don't mind being back at home because it's TO hot here.
Marcero dropped it in one of the threads over at http://www.android-hilfe.de/root-hacking-modding-fuer-hannspree-hannspad-sn10t1/ but I can't seem to locate the original post at the mo. I don't think it's drastically different to oc8 but it does have marceros latest guvnor optimisations so it's worth a go, especially if you try his 'conservative' setting (confusingly not all that conservative
- I think he tweaked that guvnor as its one that most Hannspad users wouldn't want... I'm guessing though ). The original mention of the conservative guvnor was just before the release of marcero's oc6 kernel:

The next version will get from me on a customized version of the kernel, conservative governor. That is so far the plan and then the governor recommended by me.
So,,,, afaik, all the versions after oc6 are further tweaks to the conservative guvnor.

Has anyone been following the g-tab teamDRH thread and tried out the dalvik tweak that's being talked about? You need to edit your build.prop, which is found in the system folder (use root explorer or similar) and change the following:

dalvik.vm.execution-mode=int:fast

to

dalvik.vm.execution-mode=int:jit

When I tried it I couldn't see either of the lines in my build.prop so I just added the tweak to the end of the file.

Reboot, wipe the dalvik cache and see if it speeds anything up... It did seem snappier to me but your mileage may vary.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Are you on model 1633 or 1653?

May be worth starting from the beginning and retry flashing the rom. This is not a common issue therefore unless you have hardware problems it would suggest you may not have been successful in flashing the rom.
Other people have just repeated the flashing and have got it working.

Good luck!
Hi after a full reinstall, I can now install more apps however I now have a different problem where when I load any game the screen size is incorrect and most. Of the image / game is off the bottom or side of the screen. Hope I have explained this well enough? The game is to big to fit the screen?

·
Registered
265 Posts
Has anyone been following the g-tab teamDRH thread and tried out the dalvik tweak that's being talked about? You need to edit your build.prop, which is found in the system folder (use root explorer or similar) and change the following:

dalvik.vm.execution-mode=int:fast

to

dalvik.vm.execution-mode=int:jit

When I tried it I couldn't see either of the lines in my build.prop so I just added the tweak to the end of the file.

Reboot, wipe the dalvik cache and see if it speeds anything up... It did seem snappier to me but your mileage may vary.
The line isn't there until you go into the settings and try to check the relevant option (as stated in the GTab thread), you'll then be able to edit it. Or, just like you did, you can add it at the end to speed things a little bit.

·
Premium Member
466 Posts
The line isn't there until you go into the settings and try to check the relevant option (as stated in the GTab thread), you'll then be able to edit it. Or, just like you did, you can add it at the end to speed things a little bit.
Ahh cool. That explains why I didn't have the line in the original build.prop. Thanks for clearing that up.

Did you notice any difference after the tweak?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi all
for those confused when they flash Team DRH 1.3 Beta and it shows in about as Team DRH 1.2 Beta it is because when you flash Marcero O.C.8 Kernel it alters the Team DRH 1.3 Build.prop to 1.2
Do all the kernels do this then. I just cleaned everything, reinstalled 1.3 and then installed oc1b1 kernel, but it still says Team DRH 1.2 Beta?

Sorry, I'm probably just being daft

·
Registered
143 Posts
Do all the kernels do this then. I just cleaned everything, reinstalled 1.3 and then installed oc1b1 kernel, but it still says Team DRH 1.2 Beta?

Sorry, I'm probably just being daft
Yes they would but it's not a big deal.

If you want you could edit the build prop to show 1.3 as I did, although it makes no difference to usage.

·
Registered
5 Posts
TeamDRH, thanks for this great rom...

Though ignoring the fact that this rom is lovely stable... I just have a few complaints(my appologies for this termenology) problems, I have been following this thread for a while just registered to lazy to register.

Can there be put an update what the status to:

- HDMI sound
- WIFI streaming, movie file's above ~600mb ( no problem with an overclock to 1.2ghz but its unstable at that speed video's keep crashing )
- Home screen glitches seems to have a glitch on the left bottom ( distortion )
- Comming out of wake, slow wake up, touchscreen can be unresponcive ( after going to sleep again and waking it up it seems to be fixed )

Real plus sides are

- Great responciveness of the touchscreen ( almost beats my One X )
- Great at games

·
Registered
143 Posts
TeamDRH, thanks for this great rom...

Though ignoring the fact that this rom is lovely stable... I just have a few complaints, I have been following this thread for a while just registered to lazy to register.

Can there be put an update what the status to:

- HDMI sound
- WIFI streaming, movie file's above ~600mb ( no problem with an overclock to 1.2ghz but its unstable at that speed video's keep crashing )
- Home screen glitches seems to have a glitch on the left bottom ( distortion )
- Comming out of wake, slow wake up, touchscreen can be unresponcive ( after going to sleep again and waking it up it seems to be fixed )

Real plus sides are

- Great responciveness of the touchscreen ( almost beats my One X )
- Great at games
-
'I just have a few complaints'

You do?

People bust a gut and spend countless hours of their own time to provide you with something that is totally free and you have complaints?

You might want to rethink that standpoint if you realistically expect people to help you!

·
Registered
5 Posts
'I just have a few complaints'

You do?

People bust a gut and spend countless hours of their own time to provide you with something that is totally free and you have complaints?

You might want to rethink that standpoint if you realistically expect people to help you!
Sorry, English is my third language. This is a wrong placed word, my sinsere appologies. I created this post when willing to edit it to better English.
Sadly becouse this is my first post i accidently pressed enter, this posted my post and it had to be aproved bevore i could even edit it. A sad but hard fact and I am really feeling like a jerk now

What i tried to say mere problems...

Really did not mean to insult or be a jerk. I really love the build of this rom.

·
Registered
100 Posts

Many thanks tiwaz and well done for bringing some much needed money into the Greek economy.
'too hot'! LOL. Too bloody wet here in the UK.

·
Registered
21 Posts
After using Chris's ginger Rom for several months I finally decided to give ICS a try. Installation was painless and the tablet is performing well on the whole, but battery life is much shorter and getting a few reboots or having to reset several times a day. Compared to my ICS phone the Hannspad has no memory left for apps when running so this maybe the cause.

Installing the latest kernel and using the conservative option as suggested, is the antibytes option the best to choose during install?

Thanks for the effort toward progress and watching with interest for future releases.

1041 - 1060 of 1092 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.