Android Tablets Forum banner

[ROM][21/04/12] TeamDRH's ICS ROM

316K views 1K replies 175 participants last post by  popoyaya 
Very useful post, I have been using V1 of the Kernel for the last week, can you tell me what the changes are in the second version?

By far, the best rom for Hannspad...

I found running the V6 Supercharger script gets the tab running even faster than just a standard install..

EDIT - Just flashed V2 kernel and now my screen is upsidedown!!

EDIT2 - Reflashed V1 and the screen is back to normal..
I went straight to v2 and no screen orientation issues....

Can you point me towards the V6 Supercharger script?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=991276

That link might well give you a headache from info overload.
It did me.

These seem to be the latest versions:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=18703418&postcount=5021

These are the instructions:

And this is worth noting:
Not only have I got a headache I now have an un-bootable tablet! (Not your fault I tried playing and got burned!)

It is quite a lot to take in, and when you only have a vague grasp of android it's a scary thing.

I think it would be very useful for you to post what options and settings it is safe to choose ....

Currently re-installing DRH ICS

I'm running the Super charger script (option 6) and it really is awesome.

The Home launcher stays in memory & Multitasking is greatly improved.

I have played with pretty much all the memory managers but Supercharger really is the real deal!

I'd go so far as to say it should be considered part of the install process.

Is anyone taking CWM Backups on 5504 or 5502?

Also once supercharger is applied do I need to run the powershift script every boot?

I've had a few bootloops (both Hanns logo & Team DRH logo) after using CWM 5504 or 5502

I have a feeling using the re-boot function of CWM does it, I'm trying to narrow the problem down.

Just a word of caution re the awesome supercharger script.

I noticed it creates a script in sdcard/V6_SuperCharger/PowerShiftScripts/512HP Ledded......-PowerShift.sh

Supercharger mentions creating a shortcut and running this script, I'm sure when I have the the ROM has stopped booting.

I'd say treat the powershift.sh script with caution.

Having said that the improvment to the Rom by using the new services.jar and Superchagerscript is very noticeable, highly recommended!

I just tried option 7 on the supercharger script, rebooted, cleared dalvik cache and booted... My Hannspad now just loops the ANDROID logo on boot. Ooops.

As Taojay says, be careful with these scripts!
Hmm Unlucky, I managed to recharge to option 7 no probs...

Also just been looking at TSF Shell very cool launcher launcher

Do you run on 1200Mhz, too?
I also run the Governor on Perfomance and I deleted all the Apps i am not using and all the other things i don´t need from system, so I have nearly 100MB free in system.
Mikaole, would you mind listing the apps you removed, I like the idea of trimming the system folder..

I'm hitting 6100+ on antutu at 1200 mhz

J

Thanks mikaole...do you mean 100mb free RAM? If so, I have around 135mb free and running at 1200Mhz already but I took your advice about the Governor and now am reaching 6300 so not too far behind you now
Going to try the new kernel now then maybe onto Supercharger tomorrow

Edit: AAAARGH! I couldnt resist trying it out tonight (Supercharger) along with the services.jar from andywheels (I think) earlier post but I couldnt get it to boot again. I followed the instructions carefully to install the script and selected option 6 then rebooted (everything seemed fine with android 'upgrading' all files etc) then I replaced the services.jar in the /system/framework folder and rebooted again. This time I got errors about processes not responding (131 of them) and then low memory and finally a text input method request box which would not go away and nothing else onscreen
Wiping data, cache and dalvik didnt help at all so I am reinstalling the rom and kernel 4 now and starting again

Edit 2: OK everything redone and Supercharger ran again (this time without the services.jar change) and its back to running ok again. Just noticed that I used RC7 Update 9 of Supercharger released on the 15th - seems to be a later one than mentioned in the first page here? Would that have made a difference with the services.jar problem I had?
Hi Buddy, I had a few issues with the supercharger script.

For anyone try Supercharger on the Beta 1.0 ROM

Follow the instructions but DO NOT use the new services.jar it mess the rom up.

It is worth doing so give it another go.

I just re-supercharged with the new services.jar all seems well.

On a side note I installed Anti latest kernel and have noticed free Ram has gone down and an Antutu score down from 6200+ to 5100+

Not that I am complaining, the tablet is running great.

I'm tempted to have a go at setting up the swap, I used to on Flashback 10.3 with no issue (and felt it added something to the smoothness).

Having said that the way supercharger script works with the ICS I'm not sure swap will add much (if anything when you consider overheads).

I have installed Kernel7 with no issue.

I am no expert on compcache or zram

I have an old script that is running as SU and on boot via scriptmanager:

#!/system/bin/sh
insmod /system/lib/modules/lzo_compress.ko;
insmod /system/lib/modules/lzo_decompress.ko;
insmod /system/lib/modules/zram.ko num_devices=2;
echo 268435456 > /sys/block/zram0/disksize;
echo 268435456 > /sys/block/zram1/disksize;
mkswap /dev/block/zram0;
mkswap /dev/block/zram1;
swapon -p 1000 /dev/block/zram0;
swapon -p 1000 /dev/block/zram1;
echo 60 > /proc/sys/vm/swappiness;
echo 1536,3072,4096,38400,40960,43520 > /sys/module/lowmemorykiller/parameters/minfree;

This runs but 'free' values in terminal show:

Total used free
mem: 353556 328204 25352
+/-buffers 292908 60648
swap 0 0 0

I have a feeling my script is not really doing much!

Does anyone have any suggestions/know what the script should be .....

EDIT: I re-booted with the script disabled and as expected 'free' values remain the same, the above script is not doing anything :/

EDIT: Just noticed that when running the script I am reported:
swapon: /dev/block/zram0: Function not implemented
swapon: /dev/block/zram1: Function not implemented

guys and gals.

ive had wifi up and install some apps, then my wifi dropped out, so i goto select wfi in system settings to enable it again, but tablet go's to bootanimation and then is in a loop.

switch it off wait 5 seconds and power it on again, tablet comes up fine, but then i select wifi and it does the same again.

when i first setup wifi it was the first boot from being flashed.
now i cant get any wifi with out a crash

can some one help please

thanks
Try a different Kernel for me I was happy using kernelv3 so there are a lot to try, also now there is Fards kernel to try as well.

ZRAM TeamDRH 1.1 Kernelv11

I have the following script in \sdcard\scripts\zram.sh

#!/System/bin/sh
free

insmod /system/lib/modules/lzo_compress.ko;
insmod /system/lib/modules/lzo_decompress.ko;
insmod /system/lib/modules/zram.ko num_devices = 2;
echo 26214400> /sys/block/zram0/disksize;
echo 26214400> /sys/block/zram1/disksize;
mkswap /dev/block/zram0;
mkswap /dev/block/zram1;
swapon /dev/block/zram0;
swapon /dev/block/zram1;
echo 50> /proc/sys/vm/swappiness;

free

echo Done

Its a copy of one found in the kernel workshop thread on android-hilfe.de website.

when I run the above via script manager I get the following:

not foundipts/zram.sh[2]: free

every other line in the script returns a similar line, can anyone help.... I have searched around the net but have not been able to find an answer

thanks in advance

J

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.