Android Tablets Forum banner
241 - 254 of 254 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi All,
After ICS/DRH and CyanogenMod7.2.0 tests, i found the Flashback (Ac3 mod) + "Launcher Pro" to be the more stable Rom on my Hannspad 1653.
Most of the games are running well, and i get nearly no freeze (except when i was playing with SetCpu..). So Now i want "the butter and the money for the butter" (it is a bad translation of a french proverb) : Is there a way to get the video playback acceleration and the sound with the HDMI output ?

It seems it's features from the kernel, is there a way to modify the ICS kernel to be compatible with Honeycomb?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I agree with Tiwaz that you should give DRH's ICS a try. I've been using Flashback 10.1 since November and it hasn't given me any significant problems. I still tried out a couple of other roms recently, a cyanogenmod rom which I only had in for an hour before trying the dirty reset hole's ICS.
Those who think it's going to be a much more difficult installation than flashback, don't let it put you off trying, it's really not that difficult. Only thing was, I know some people may still be using vista, I couldn't get the APX drivers to work with vista (may have just been me) so I had to boot up my windows 7 64-bit installation.

ICS is running a treat, and you have the option to 'clock the cpu to 1200mhz. Not that I noticed any huge performance gains, there wasn't any lag to start with at 1000mhz. There's a few more options in the settings that the flashback rom doesn't have, although it's still a beta version, it's great for a daily driver and some games run now that didn't work on flashback's or cyanogenmod's rom.

If you don't have any issues with Flashback 10.1, then I would still recommend people stay on it, as it is a great rom, but right now I'm in favour of ICS following Tiwaz's link

·
Registered
9 Posts
@gram

There used to be a problem with the market at times using Flashback 10.1 Occasionally it would work but sometimes it wouldn't. The only times I'd find out it was working was when I'd see the apps automatically updating in the notification bar, but that was just over December/January time. It's been working 100% fine since Google Play was introduced.

I was using roation's .32 kernal that was in the 1st post of this thread, but I've moved on to ICS now

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi All!

Thanks to brilliant information from these forums I have managed to root and install flashback. All of a sudden, I am geting this dreaded cant establish a reliable connection to server when trying to set up google services!

Tried different accounts, changin the dns all to no avail!!!

Help!!

Thanks a billion!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi All!

Thanks to brilliant information from these forums I have managed to root and install flashback. All of a sudden, I am geting this dreaded cant establish a reliable connection to server when trying to set up google services!

Tried different accounts, changin the dns all to no avail!!!

Help!!

Thanks a billion!
I ve finally given up and installed a horrible looking froyo rom which works, although it looks UGLY!

Id really like to go back to a honeycomb ROM and would be extremely grateful for assistance!!!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #252 ·
I ve finally given up and installed a horrible looking froyo rom which works, although it looks UGLY!

Id really like to go back to a honeycomb ROM and would be extremely grateful for assistance!!!
I suggest you and all other Flashback users switch to TeamDHR's ICS ROM. Look for the thread in the ROM Section i've created the thread not the ROM / Kernel but it has a lot of users and it's ALOT better then any ROM there is. It really brings a new live into your hannspad!

·
Registered
28 Posts
I suggest you and all other Flashback users switch to TeamDHR's ICS ROM. Look for the thread in the ROM Section i've created the thread not the ROM / Kernel but it has a lot of users and it's ALOT better then any ROM there is. It really brings a new live into your hannspad!
He's not wrong!! Time for you all to switch to the new ice cream sandwich ROM!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi everyone.

For all of us who don't dare to try an ICS version while still on Alpha status, will it be possible to check the Google Account sign-in problem?
There is a lot of people having trouble with this issue (Google support team answers that Hannspad is not a compatible device).

Could it be maybe fixed inside the kernel?

Anyway, thank you very much to the Flashback Team!

241 - 254 of 254 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.