Android Tablets Forum banner
221 - 240 of 254 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Flashed Flashback 10.1, the kernel and the delete phone zip too, and everything was working nice and smoothly. Transferring things via USB were a little sketchy though, most of the time when connected to the PC via USB, the Hannspad would be ok with having USB transfer activated. However, occasionally it would disconnect itself from the PC, whilst USB transfer mode was activated, throwing up an error on windows saying the disk could not be found.

It didnt really seem to mater since disonnecting and reconnecting the USB plug on the Hannspad seemed to get Windows to recognise the device again, although now it would always ask to scan the disk to see if there any errors. Then the Hannspad disconnected itself again, but this time i could not get it to be reognised by Windows. Also, FileManager HD would give a force close everytime i tried to view my Hannspad root directory. I tried turning it off and back on again to try and resolve the problem, but got stuck at the Hannspad logo and I couldn't get in to ClockworkMod v4. using Vol + and Power On.

Luckily managed to follow the guide to restore back to the stock rom, but I'm worried that if i use Flashback again, the same thing will happen!

Just wondering whether any one else has experienced this USB problem? And also if there is a link to ClockworkMod v2, as I read about some of the possible problems with v4 (which i got from Dolphines guide).

Thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Flashed Flashback 10.1, the kernel and the delete phone zip too, and everything was working nice and smoothly. Transferring things via USB were a little sketchy though, most of the time when connected to the PC via USB, the Hannspad would be ok with having USB transfer activated. However, occasionally it would disconnect itself from the PC, whilst USB transfer mode was activated, throwing up an error on windows saying the disk could not be found.
l
It didnt really seem to mater since disonnecting and reconnecting the USB plug on the Hannspad seemed to get Windows to recognise the device again, although now it would always ask to scan the disk to see if there any errors. Then the Hannspad disconnected itself again, but this time i could not get it to be reognised by Windows. Also, FileManager HD would give a force close everytime i tried to view my Hannspad root directory. I tried turning it off and back on again to try and resolve the problem, but got stuck at the Hannspad logo and I couldn't get in to ClockworkMod v4. using Vol + and Power On.

Luckily managed to follow the guide to restore back to the stock rom, but I'm worried that if i use Flashback again, the same thing will happen!

Just wondering whether any one else has experienced this USB problem? And also if there is a link to ClockworkMod v2, as I read about some of the possible problems with v4 (which i got from Dolphines guide).

Thanks.
it happens with alot roms as when the tablet locks it disconnects just press the screen every few minutes

·
Registered
26 Posts
It's now been over 2 months since I've flashed this ROM and my impressions contibue to be excellent.
I mainly use my Hans for browsing and reading comics and pdfs so other than minor glitches,I can't complaint.

I'm using the Opera and Flash version it came with and even though somethimes the browser does crash - I noticed it with more than 8-9 tabs open - I can say that it's the best browser I've tested.Nono other have that "liquid" feeling.(I've been through Maxthon,Dolphin and Firefox,I'm waiting to see how Chrome fares)

Using Comic Viewer for all my comics,I'm more than happy with it.
I did not have the problems with Market/Maps as many guys reported - I've kept the original kernel and config.

I'm using Airdroid to interface it with my PC (Win 7) and it works like a charm

I've also have no complaints about MX video player-it will play anything along with subtitles nicely.

The only this that I'd complaint might be the battery - I have the notion that with the original ROM it fared better.Mind you this is not a huge drawback,you can still squeeze a couple of movies and game time as it is,but I have the feeling it might do better.

All in all, a trouble free and excellent ROM!
Thanks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
If people are still having problems with market i found a fix these were the steps i used and working great

1 = install latest rom update with kernel rotation 32 and used phone apps removal tool

2 = cleared market cache and framwork services files and reboot (old market fix)

3 = then install dns fix or add manually to ur wifi network settings

4 = go to google using web browser and log in then go to your sign in name at the top then click account settings google are changing there log in services for added security but android and other devices cant deal with this so you have to give it permissions. Once in account settings click everything on for multiple sign in and 2 step verification on Authorising applications and sites click edit and a new box appears asking for your password and verify do this another page appears this is asking you to create a kind of port like opening a firewall port on your pc do this by creating a name for it followed by generate password at this point a password will appear and cut and paste is helpfull at this point highlight this password (the spaces are ok dont worry about copying them aswell) and copy it

Now u need to go to your market app and follow the first time wizzard this will eventually ask for u to sign in do this by using your ussual sign in name put use the paste function and paste the password just created in the browser then follow the onscreen instructions to complete the wizzard and market app will once again work

5 = once market is done u may need to setup your email account do this the same way follow setup wizzard for email and use your normal user name but the password created earlier or make a new one for it both should work

This was fix was created by stuy1982 and is for the server not found error on market app and email app many hours of frustration hope it helps

Cheers stuy1982

This fix was found by stuy1982 and i hope it helps all this fix is for the server not found error in the market app and email app

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hello,guys just got my Hannspad ans am currently running Gingerpad. The tablet is running fine but I would like to try the Flashback rom.

Trouble is I cannot find Rotation' 32 Kernel. The link in the op is dead because Multiupload is down (has it been shut down?)

Can someone tell me where I can find it please?

Many thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've installed flasback 10.1 on my hannspad 1633.
Mini HDMI is not working when it is connected to an HDMI TV or a VGA projector.
Any idea about that please?
Is there any special setting to sort out this issue please?

Many thanks
sih2012

·
Registered
4 Posts
Dns Didn't work for me:( please help
what timing! just joined myself to say the same thing, love the rom but the Market just gets stuck on "LOADING" endlessly even though i installed the set google dns and click Apply..
Strange as the set dns got over the problem before, but now it seems back with a vengeance?!

Really like this release, any info much appreciated..

·
Registered
13 Posts
After months of messing around i finally got the market to work by adjusting the DNS and clearing out the cache. I woke yesterday to find that the tablet had switched to the Play Store rather than Market and guess what.......back to square 1, Play Store doesn't work.

·
Registered
1 Posts
After months of messing around i finally got the market to work by adjusting the DNS and clearing out the cache. I woke yesterday to find that the tablet had switched to the Play Store rather than Market and guess what.......back to square 1, Play Store doesn't work.
A quick fix is to find a copy of the original android market and manually install it everytime you need to use it. The old android market will overwrite the new Play store and you can access it again.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #236 ·
Im currently talking to the developers and kernel developers of an ICS ROM for the hannspad. If it's a go i will create a new topic just like this one. I suggest everyone installs the new ICS ROM as it's WAAY better then the Flashback ROM.

Come back within a week

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'm thinking of flashing my from hannstitan and was wondering how widespread I'd the android market sign in problem and what's the chance of having this issue ???

Also how good is the flash support are we all still limited to opera mobile to get flash working ???

Thanks

Joff

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #238 ·
I'm thinking of flashing my from hannstitan and was wondering how widespread I'd the android market sign in problem and what's the chance of having this issue ???

Also how good is the flash support are we all still limited to opera mobile to get flash working ???

Thanks

Joff
Joff,

I suggest you don't flash this ROM but instead you flash this one: http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/30821-rom030112-teamdrhs-ics-rom/

It has full flash support, hardware acceleration and updates are on regular basis at this moment. It's a much better choise then the Flashback ROM. And on the ROM I suggest there aren't any marketplace problems.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I looked at the ICS rom but it seems a little complicated to flash compared to earlier Roms.

Also rumours are the touch buttons don't work with ICS (I maybe wrong) and that would really annoy me but I don't know if it's true.

I've ready flashed FB 10.0 in the past so I know I'm confident in doing that and it's not out of that comfort zone where I know I may screw up my ICS installation.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #240 ·
I looked at the ICS rom but it seems a little complicated to flash compared to earlier Roms.

Also rumours are the touch buttons don't work with ICS (I maybe wrong) and that would really annoy me but I don't know if it's true.

I've ready flashed FB 10.0 in the past so I know I'm confident in doing that and it's not out of that comfort zone where I know I may screw up my ICS installation.
I get that, however the ICS ROM i noticed is overall a better choice. The capacitieve buttons are working BTW. If your feeling not sure about ICS, Flashback 10.1 is your best choice.

However flashing the ICS ROM differs 1 step from this flashback ROM. And that would be you have to NVFlash your Hannspad. And NVFlashing your hannspad is as easy as connecting your hannspad to your computer. Check in device manager for a unkown device right mouse click on that device and manually locate the driver (which is packed in a zip i've uploaded on the first post of the thread). And run NVFlash.bat.

It maybe a little harder compared to Flashback but it's worth it.

221 - 240 of 254 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.