Android Tablets Forum banner
201 - 220 of 254 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've recently installed this ROM as i've been waiting for a stable honeycomb port.
I also ran across the "Can't establish a reliable connection" when running the setup wizard and couldn't gain access to any Google services and after hours of trying I managed to find a solution that works for me, hopefully it'll help others that have the same problem.
I grabbed an app called "Set DNS" and installed and ran that and changed it to Google DNS and applied, ran the setup wizard and it fixed the problem.
Hope it helps anyone with the same problem.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi

I have just installed this rom and all seems to be fine... except for one thing.

I forgot to delete the dalvik cache until AFTER I'd done the install. After the fact I booted up in CWM and deleted the cache then rebooted into Honeycomb as I couldn't load android market and thought this was the issue. But, despite this, when I attempt to load up the market, all I get is a contiunual rotating circle and the word 'Loading...'

Any ideas how I can get market up again?

Cheers

Ralph

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi

I have just installed this rom and all seems to be fine... except for one thing.

I forgot to delete the dalvik cache until AFTER I'd done the install. After the fact I booted up in CWM and deleted the cache then rebooted into Honeycomb as I couldn't load android market and thought this was the issue. But, despite this, when I attempt to load up the market, all I get is a contiunual rotating circle and the word 'Loading...'

Any ideas how I can get market up again?
Actually, it seems to be anything that requires my google account details to login - so gmail app doesn't work or the google docs app?

R

·
Registered
5 Posts
Actually, it seems to be anything that requires my google account details to login - so gmail app doesn't work or the google docs app?

R
OK,

So I wiped Dalvik, all user data and even reinstalled Flashback. That brought me to a new user login where it was requesting my google account details.

Success!! ... Well no

Unfortunately, despite trying numerous times, it will not connect to my Google account now that I have honeycomb on my hannspad?

I know the tablet works because I can browse with the built in browser and login to gmail this way. But I can't actually login to my existing google account to access my Google Docs, gmail, android market, etc etc... any ideas??

If I can't then I cannot get my apps off of market.

R.

·
Registered
3 Posts
OK,

So I wiped Dalvik, all user data and even reinstalled Flashback. That brought me to a new user login where it was requesting my google account details.

Success!! ... Well no

Unfortunately, despite trying numerous times, it will not connect to my Google account now that I have honeycomb on my hannspad?

I know the tablet works because I can browse with the built in browser and login to gmail this way. But I can't actually login to my existing google account to access my Google Docs, gmail, android market, etc etc... any ideas??

If I can't then I cannot get my apps off of market.

R.
Try the fix i posted with the Set DNS app, if you can't get it off the market try Googling the apk. I had the exact same problem and after hours stumbled upon that fix.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I flashed my Hannspree Hannspad to the Flashback 10.1 and can't access the market, when I log in through my Google account it loads and then tells me that it can't establish reliable connection, I tried the 2-step verification, but it then I wasn't able to log in through or phone and the tablet still said the same. Any ideas of what I can do to get my market working?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Flashback 10.1
Custom Android 3.0.1(Honeycomb ) rom for Hannspree Hannspad

I'm not responsible for any damage done to your device.

I'm not the developer of this ROM.
All the credits goes to the Flashback Devs and anyone else who contributed to this ROM! The original thread is found here

I'm not the developer of this Kernel.
All the credits goes to rotation, fards, ab73 and anyone else who contributed to this kernel! The original Thread is found here

If you're new to custom roms, check out Dolphine's guide [topic='21895']here[/topic]

This is a newer flashback ROM the Flashback Devs released at 11/11/11. In combination with the newer kernel it's even faster then the previous post. I suggest everyone re-download the updated ROM and Kernel to make sure you get the best out of your Hannspad! I will keep this thread updated with all new versions of the Flashback ROMS.

it wont log into gmail any ideas?

This ROM requires 3 files.

• Flashback 10.1 ROM
  • rotation's .32 Kernel
  • Phone Delete-Addon (optional)
Before flashing you'll need to finished the Dolphine's guide stated above.

Just as normal wipe data/cache/dalvik and install the Flashback 10.1 ROM. Before rebooting install the rotation's .32 Kernel. Now restart the system. (optional) After booting finish the startup wizard and boot again in CWM. This time run the Phone Delete Addon. Reboot and enjoy!

The Phone Delete Addon deletes some system services which are just for phones. As it isn't a phone it will be useluss and use constant CPU power and drain battery, I suggest you run it.

Clips
I've uploaded 2 short clips of the ROM so you can see what it's like.
I'm sorry for the bad camera/sound but i haven't got any better. If someone else like to share some clips ask me and i can provide it in the TS.

Boot-time:
This is a clip booting the device and timing it, i'm using an custom boot animation so the boot takes longer then it would without the custom boot loader. Someone in this topic achieved 42 Seconds of boot time with this ROM.

Normal Usage:
This is a clip showing some normal usage with the device, as you see it's smooth.

Downloads
Flashback 10.1
here

Rotation's .32 Kernel
here

Phone Delete-Addon (optional)
here

Changelog
(10.1)
Hopefully the below increases performance and increases stability
Changed boot image
Changed boot animation
removed google books
removed dolphin browser
removed google music
updated filemanagerHD
removed finsky
removed google voice
removed maps
updated market
removed street
updated superuser
removed voicesearch
Browser default homepage changed to Slatedroid
Added free version titanium backup
removed unnecessary libs

See older changes made here

Special thanks to tlbardelljr for being so kind and friendly!

Please tell me your opinion in this thread about this ROM
Please plus (+) rate me if you like this thread

·
Registered
25 Posts
To fix problems with gmail, market and setup just go on any computer and google "set dns apk", download it, copy to your hannspad and istall, run it and set Google DNS' and voila - all working again!

·
Registered
28 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
OK...I had the same issues with the after modding..... for mall I had to go to settings applications and clear the cache's on Market and Gmail... I then downloaded set dns apk as suggested.... copied over to my Hanspree and ran it...selected the Google DNS button clicked apply..and boom...logged into the Market and Gmail first time.

·
Registered
28 Posts
OK...I had the same issues with the after modding..... for mall I had to go to settings applications and clear the cache's on Market and Gmail... I then downloaded set dns apk as suggested.... copied over to my Hanspree and ran it...selected the Google DNS button clicked apply..and boom...logged into the Market and Gmail first time.
Can yopu post a link to set dns apk as maybe I have the wrong one.
Cheers

201 - 220 of 254 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.