Android Tablets Forum banner
121 - 140 of 179 Posts

·
Premium Member
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #122 ·
Back from Holiday...

I've noticed a few people using the NVflash files I stickied in the Rom Dev forum so I've added a note to the OP there linking the TeamDRH file system for all roms based on 4.2.2. Hopefully that might prevent further confusion.

It's a real shame that there isn't a dev willing to help with the Hannspad kernel.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Was about to flash this but after reading the original G-tab thread it seems it's really slow and laggy. Plus no hardware buttons or sensors on the hannspad. What is the latest rom that's fast with buttons and sensors working? Cheers.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Was about to flash this but after reading the original G-tab thread it seems it's really slow and laggy. Plus no hardware buttons or sensors on the hannspad. What is the latest rom that's fast with buttons and sensors working? Cheers.
TBH it is a case of suck it and see.these hannspads are all over the place,some sod at the drop of a hat whilst others seem pretty bulletproof.
my personal choice is dirtybean build 1(with kazpar kernal),it`s fast and pretty much everything i throw at it works very well,real racing 3,shadowgun,dead trigger ect. no drama`s at all.speed wise i get pretty good willy waving figures,antutu hits 6200 - 6400 and in quadrant i beat the samsung galaxy tab
no overclocking or tweaks with those numbers either also completely sod free for me as well

i don`t have a miracle hannspad LOL cause drh ics roms were horrid for me,severe battery drain and sod city,i would say inline with mrwheels nightmare tab for sods LOL
i tried build 2 and 3 but no where near as fast as build 1,also tried pacman and baked blackbean(both very nice and smooth BUT compatibility was an issue,neither would play candy crush??? and video playback was awful very very choppy and this was small vids ripped from youtube
)
my tablet is now proper loaded up with apps,games,music,pics and books and abused on a daily basis

i did also trim the rom and shaved off 50+ MB
there is still a few bits i missed but can easily be removed with titanium backup

·
Registered
13 Posts
TBH it is a case of suck it and see.these hannspads are all over the place,some sod at the drop of a hat whilst others seem pretty bulletproof.
my personal choice is dirtybean build 1(with kazpar kernal),it`s fast and pretty much everything i throw at it works very well,real racing 3,shadowgun,dead trigger ect. no drama`s at all.speed wise i get pretty good willy waving figures,antutu hits 6200 - 6400 and in quadrant i beat the samsung galaxy tab
no overclocking or tweaks with those numbers either also completely sod free for me as well

i don`t have a miracle hannspad LOL cause drh ics roms were horrid for me,severe battery drain and sod city,i would say inline with mrwheels nightmare tab for sods LOL
i tried build 2 and 3 but no where near as fast as build 1,also tried pacman and baked blackbean(both very nice and smooth BUT compatibility was an issue,neither would play candy crush??? and video playback was awful very very choppy and this was small vids ripped from youtube
)
my tablet is now proper loaded up with apps,games,music,pics and books and abused on a daily basis

i did also trim the rom and shaved off 50+ MB
there is still a few bits i missed but can easily be removed with titanium backup
With dirtybean build 1 and kazpar kernel hd video playback is smooth?

Enviado desde mi Malata SMBA1002 usando Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
13 Posts
TBH popoyaya i think mine is the 53 but believe they are pretty much the same.are you running a jellybean rom at the moment? if not you will need to nvflash the new drh layout from page 1
also with kazpar kernals flash 1.1 first and then 1

right petra i have not tried proper HD videos
just a few hd ones ripped from youtube but i`ll chuck some 720p vids at it in a mo

·
Registered
13 Posts
right petra the results

regular 720p mkv worked great with gallery just no sound,worked great in mx player with hw vid decoder and software audio decoder
same video converted in handbrake with android tablet preset works great in gallery and mx player

·
Registered
60 Posts
I disagree respectfully. I've been using build 3 for quite some time now and once you desactivate zram and change the governor it is very fluid and has IMHO better memory managment as the previous builds. Also additional stability on tabs with SOD tendency.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Which governor did you use? The touchscreen lag is pretty bad and seems worse in build 3.

Games performances seems excellent. Riptide 2 runs perfectly smooth where it lagged like hell on (ironically) smoothbean.

Someone on the thread mentioned changing dalvic cache to 128mb. Is this a good idea and how to do it?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I disagree respectfully. I've been using build 3 for quite some time now and once you desactivate zram and change the governor it is very fluid and has IMHO better memory managment as the previous builds. Also additional stability on tabs with SOD tendency.
i did say it was a suck it and see LOL each persons experience seems diferent also i have zram enabled at 10%

but yeah bottom line from me is build 1 for speed and compatibility and build 3 for those tabs that prefer to slip into a comba

·
Registered
24 Posts
I am liking this ROM. Tried build1 and now on build3, prefer 3. however there's two things I mainly use the pad for which aren't working

1) Bluetooth keyboard. It pairs but wont show up in input list. The apps for using keyboards do not help

2). When I play a mp4 video (VLC, stock/MX and dice)..it plays the first second of video...then restarts back to the CM birds loading screen screen and reboots...BUT during reboot the sound of the video is still playing! I do have a few mp4s that DO play OK though...both from same source (same phone)

Using Kazpar v1 kernal...tried v1-1 but didn't make any difference

Is there something wrong I am doing? Wrong kernal? I am not sure where to download the 3.1 kernal

Thanks in advance...I'd like to keep using this ROM id possible

·
Registered
13 Posts
sorry buddy didn`t stick on build 3 for long so didn`t really test video but on build 1 video is perfect for me.in mx player i had to use sw audio decoder.
you could always try converting the video in handbrake using the android tablet preset

·
Registered
60 Posts
I use build 3 and MX and do not have any problems with video, except for a very few (probably packed bitstream) that play slow but no crashing. I'm streaming all the content from my DNLA server but that should'nt make any difference. I do not own a bluetooth keyboard so I can't help you with that. I do use bluetooth audio which just works great on this ROM (it did from build 1).

Try to reflash the Rom. The Kernel I'm using is the one that is packed with it. I have tried others but went back to the original.

One more thing... if you flashed other Kernels I recommend you reformat all the partitions and reflash the ROM cleanly.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I use build 3 and MX and do not have any problems with video, except for a very few (probably packed bitstream) that play slow but no crashing. I'm streaming all the content from my DNLA server but that should'nt make any difference. I do not own a bluetooth keyboard so I can't help you with that. I do use bluetooth audio which just works great on this ROM (it did from build 1).

Try to reflash the Rom. The Kernel I'm using is the one that is packed with it. I have tried others but went back to the original.

One more thing... if you flashed other Kernels I recommend you reformat all the partitions and reflash the ROM cleanly.
Thanks. I'll do a full clean install and re-partition etc

121 - 140 of 179 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.