Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 179 Posts

·
Premium Member
466 Posts
CM10.1 - BETA DIRTY-BEAN 4.2.X - Team DRH (Update 13/06/13)

The original and very useful G-tablet thread can be found here: http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/56674-rom-101-beta-dirty-bean-42x-team-drh-update-022213/

Build 3, released by fosser2 on 13/6/13 is available here (SOD fix!) : - http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/56674-rom-101-beta-dirty-bean-42x-team-drh-update-040313/page__view__findpost__p__891729

fosser2 and teamDRH have created this great rom. I am not the developer. Make sure you thank them for their efforts if you enjoy their rom.

Please post any Hannspad issues with this rom here rather than the G-Tablet thread as it'll stop any confusion between problems that may differ between the two devices.

The instructions in the g-tab thread are working well for my tablet but I'll outline the basics here and point out any Hannspad specific instructions or differences.

The install is consists of three simple steps. We first 'NV_flash' the partition structure ready for the CM10 system (This will also update the recovery partition new version of the Clockworkmod application) and then we use that new recovery to install the actual rom. And then, last of all, we flash the Hannspad specific kernel.

Installation will wipe your tablet. This includes your internal storage area so make sure you backup everything you need before you start. As it stands at the moment I also think you will have to have a mini sdcard around to flash the rom itself. I couldn't get the USB connection to work in CWM so there seems to be no way to copy from your pc to the tablet. Let me know you if you have better luck.

NV_FLASH stage
It's worth noting here that the G-Tablet partition layout is different to the shipped Hannspad one. In my experience, this has made no difference to my tablet. As far as I know it's a similar thing to installing an OS on a different hard drive on a pc. As long as the bootloader knows there's a OS there, it should work fine. That doesn't mean there isn't possible problems but I've not come across any.

Follow the instructions in the G-Tablet thread remembering that once you've flashed the partitions your volume keys will be reversed when using them to enter CWM or APX mode. So, it's vol- for CWM and vol+ for APX.

ROM flashing stage
Copy the rom and the kernel to the sdcard to save some time. You can flash the kernel straight after the rom install.

Again, follow the instructions from the G-tablet thread remembering the vol- and not vol+ will be your CWM boot.

Once the rom install finishes, flash the kernel in the same way before rebooting and enjoying CM10.

Do you love or hate that central home button?

Tips
- tap the build number 7 times on the 'about phone' page to open up the developer options.

- imayoda suggests finding the memory management section of the developer options and lowering the zram from 18% default to 10% or even disabled option. This stops the system from wasting cpu cycles swapping data about. It should make the system snappier and less prone to stutters. Reports are that it works well.

·
Premium Member
466 Posts
Information correct as of 13-06-2013

Recommended kernels:

The latest kernel, and the one which prevents SODs is the default within build 3. I'd suggest using that if you can cope with reversed volume controls, no soft keys and no sensors.

Kazpar kernel v1

http://d-h.st/gjj

This kernel is compiled from the 3.1 G-Tablet kernel by fosser2 with additional tweaks and code from kazpar. I have then put it inside a flashable zip package which includes the Hannspad sensor, lights and hardware key layouts.

I experience SOD with this kernel (prevented by using the free 'wakelock' app available in the play store) but your experience may vary. Hannspads are notorious for their characterful SOD abilities. Some do it all the time whilst others very rarely do. Mine loves to die just about every sleep... Yours might be fine. I've no idea why this is the case.

Kazpar kernel v1.1

http://d-h.st/u40

An updated version of kazpars kernel with some missing modules included.
Some people have experienced looping boot logos when using this kernel.

Kernel development is ongoing so expect some changes here soon.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Thanks for opening this thread.

·
Registered
38 Posts
G-tablet thread: http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/56674-rom-101-beta-dirty-bean-42x-team-drh-update-022213/

Ok, so this rom seems to be working well on our Hannspads so it deserves a discussion thread in the Hannspad forum. I think it best to discuss Hannspad specific issues here rather than on the g-tab forum.

I'll update the thread with full install instructions once I and/or a few people have tried the rom out and can be certain of a install procedure that works best for a Hannspad. Until then, don't install this rom unless you have had previous experience with Hannspad flashing. You have been warned!
Well done Andy, my thought exactly, we should not take the G-Tab related thread on this ROM off topic to the Hannspad. Install as described in the OP went just fine for me, using the Graveen 1.2b kernel with it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I tried the new version of JB
here is my experience
-installation went ok
-moves well enough
-touch-delay
-media video freezes when connecting HDMI
-some MP4 files can not be played (ICS could)
-Quadrant Standard (1.2 Ghz) 2700
So back to TAP n TAP

·
Registered
265 Posts
Anyone got issues with Google Play apps not beeing installed (just keep on getting errors or downloading freezes...) ?
Edit:
Forget it, i let it baked for 15 minutes, switched it off and back on: now everything is working great.
Gonna try with Graveen kernel 1.2b or 1.3 later and report.

·
Registered
265 Posts
The default one. Just plug your tab in apx mode : power off + Volume - or + (depends on your Volume scheme, sometimes it's inverted. If it boots to recovery then it's the other hardware key).
Then plug your tab to your computer, and run the relevant nvflash_gtablet file.
Once it's done it should reboot into recovery, use Volume key - and + to navigate, Power to Select and swipe left to return to previous menu entry.
Go to Advanced -> Partitions then it should be straight forward - > 15 -> 300 and then install the rom.
It should boot normally.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Good to know ! i really like CM10.1

A positive note: running CM10.1 on my Galaxy S i9000 was really smooth. Single core / 512Mb RAM. I think we could expect something really good with our Tegra2 devices

Reactions: KLITIK007

·
Premium Member
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Graveen is collecting kernel-related feedback here
I think it's pure luck that the minimal kernel is working on this rom. It was an experiment I made to see if it was possible to add as little as possible to a custom rom whilst successfully using a hannspad specific kernel. I removed some libaries from the kernel package (this could possibly explain sd card access problems) which were doubled up in the previous teamDRH JB rom. I also removed the build.prop from the kernel package and this is why I think the minimal kernel works with this new rom.

I commented in the 'exciting times for our Hannspad' thread that I was slightly disappointed that teamDRH weren't using the v3 kernel. Now I'm confused as fosser2 has, as far as I can see, removed the comment that the v3 kernel isn't quite ready. So I'm now wondering which g-tab kernel is now packaged with the new cm10 rom. If it is v3 then we might be able to extract it, add the specific rotation/hannspad keys stuff and package it up again to be used on other roms. Saying this, the better option would be for someone to compile a specific Hannspad version of the v3 kernel. I'm sure fosser2 would help us do this if someone can spare the time to do it.

I hope my ramblings make sense to someone. I have a stinking cold at the moment and I'm feeling quite foggy in the head.

·
Registered
38 Posts
You make perfect sense Andy. According to his changelog fosser2 is using rewritten 3.1.10 kernel. I still have high hopes for Graveen to grace us with a tailor-made compilation of that kernel, if he finds the time. Or anybody else with the skills required, you are most welcome.

·
TeamDRH
63 Posts
No it won't. The ZTPAD C91 is not a tegra 2 device. Try this forum ---> http://www.slatedroid.com/forum/254-zt-280-c91/

I think it's pure luck that the minimal kernel is working on this rom. It was an experiment I made to see if it was possible to add as little as possible to a custom rom whilst successfully using a hannspad specific kernel. I removed some libaries from the kernel package (this could possibly explain sd card access problems) which were doubled up in the previous teamDRH JB rom. I also removed the build.prop from the kernel package and this is why I think the minimal kernel works with this new rom.

I commented in the 'exciting times for our Hannspad' thread that I was slightly disappointed that teamDRH weren't using the v3 kernel. Now I'm confused as fosser2 has, as far as I can see, removed the comment that the v3 kernel isn't quite ready. So I'm now wondering which g-tab kernel is now packaged with the new cm10 rom. If it is v3 then we might be able to extract it, add the specific rotation/hannspad keys stuff and package it up again to be used on other roms. Saying this, the better option would be for someone to compile a specific Hannspad version of the v3 kernel. I'm sure fosser2 would help us do this if someone can spare the time to do it.

I hope my ramblings make sense to someone. I have a stinking cold at the moment and I'm feeling quite foggy in the head.
we are indeed using 3.1.10 kernel the GIT is here..

https://github.com/fosser2/android-tegra-nv-3.1.10-rel-15r7 the experimental branch.

1 - 20 of 179 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.