Android Tablets Forum banner
21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Has anyone had a issue with apps not downloading on market? i cant get anything to download!!! Amazon works fine!!!
So far there hasn't been anything I haven't been able to download from the market (this being the first ROM that I've had full market access (as far as I can tell))

·
Premium Member
965 Posts
Greetings,

The works from Gojimi and Pershoot created one of the bests and certainly has became the most popular rom for the gtablet. The tablet is stable, functional and fast. Video playback, and streaming HD content from WHS server, using UPnPlay.apk + Rockplayer_Universal_Full.apk is smooth. Market fix works right out of the box. In addition, if connecting to PC with USB cable, the PC can see internal SDCARD, external SDCARD2 and even USB disk (if connected).

I wrote an introduction and installation procedure

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/viewsonic-gtablet-technical/13811-rom-howto-vegan-tab-gingeredition-stable-rc1-most-popular-rom-gtablet.html

Perhaps it would be beneficial to some.

Dave,

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
Greetings,

The works from Gojimi and Pershoot created one of the bests and certainly has became the most popular rom for the gtablet. The tablet is stable, functional and fast. Video playback, and streaming HD content from WHS server, using UPnPlay.apk + Rockplayer_Universal_Full.apk is smooth. Market fix works right out of the box. In addition, if connecting to PC with USB cable, the PC can see internal SDCARD, external SDCARD2 and even USB disk (if connected).

I wrote an introduction and installation procedure

http://www.androidta...om-gtablet.html

Perhaps it would be beneficial to some.

Dave,
I heard the pershoot recently cracked the sdcard2 issue, which is AWESOME. Let's hope that all the vendors, including the HC ones, can use this in their own kernels. I'd love to see Viewsonic add this, but I'm not holding my breath - I just want them to release the 1.2 source.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for a great ROM,just upgraded from TNT Lite 4.4.0 without any problems, just make sure you follow this steps (asuming you have already the rom in a folder)

1- using cwm .08 do a data wipe / reset
2- clear cache
3- delete dalvik cache
4- browse the ROM and install

No issues so far, I like the look of gingerbread

Thank you

·
Premium Member
965 Posts
I heard the pershoot recently cracked the sdcard2 issue, which is AWESOME. Let's hope that all the vendors, including the HC ones, can use this in their own kernels. I'd love to see Viewsonic add this, but I'm not holding my breath - I just want them to release the 1.2 source.
Hello Roebeet,

When I posted the finding of SDCARD2 cracked in Pershoot's thread at XDA, he stated that the PC will see USB disk too, if one is connected. He also mentioned about up to two mounts to the PC at the same time. I did not have the mean or the need to try.
Here is his response:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=903505&page=134

In addition, I normally read, and write up the installation steps for a rom that I was going to try. Here is the procedure that I did for your GREAD Brilliant Corners Rom.

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/viewsonic-gtablet-technical/13465-howto-based-1-2-custom-rom-brilliant-corners-basic-info-installation.html

I did not post it here, as you already had everything covered. But thought that I should mention this to you, as your passion and work for the community has no equal.

Sincerely,
Dave

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
That's fine with me, as long as it's accurate (looks like you've got it covered). Thanks! I scan that site occasionally, but it's mainly a time issue ----- not enough of it.

Now I really miss the 1.1 kernel.....
Comon Viewsonic, get us source.....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Question dose this rom work connecting to the net?
I have this rom and just picked up a dock and the net connection is not working what am I doing wrong.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Best ROM on the GTab I have run to date
This is the only ROM i've flashed so far, but I have to say it is very nice. Very usable and even grandma-friendly once it gets going. And I found it very useful on a 14 hour airplane ride, where I watched 3 movies (HW decoding) on one charge and it still seemed to have some juice left in it. Freakin' nice.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Question dose this rom work connecting to the net?
I have this rom and just picked up a dock and the net connection is not working what am I doing wrong.
Yes, it works for me. I am using the Gtab's wifi. Pretty much just worked. Your problem could be any number of things; did you do all the approprite wipes/etc. and follow the install instructions?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Yes, it works for me. I am using the Gtab's wifi. Pretty much just worked. Your problem could be any number of things; did you do all the approprite wipes/etc. and follow the install instructions?
He means via the wired ethernet, I believe.

See this thread on the main vegatab support website

http://gtabdevs.com/forums/index.php?topic=93.0

Look at the specific post here

http://gtabdevs.com/forums/index.php?topic=93.msg446#msg446

It seems its possible to get it working from adb/terminal root shell commands, which *could* be automated by making a script for GScriptLite. I don't have a dock, so I can't verify either way.

·
Registered
3,286 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello all,
Been running vegan 5.11 and have been mostly very pleased with it. Can someone concisely sum up the advantages
And disadvantages of this? Vegan seems a bit slow from time to time and....correct me if I'm wrong, does not use
Both cores of the processor. How is game compatibility? Better or worse? Hardware video?

Please advise...not sure if I should just stay where I am and wait for HC

Thanks,
Macros746

P.s. If I use Titanium Backup would I be able to restore all of my programs without much trouble?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Anyone able to watch videos (tv/movies) on the Xfinity website? I have tried a few times, and mine just hangs. I am using the stock browser set to Linux desktop.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have been running Vegan Ginger for about a month now and so far I am very impressed with it. Overall it makes for a fairly stable day to day OS although getting the hardware video decoding working would be awesome. I am really tempted to try and flash BoS but on the other hand this is working so well for me right I just don't know if all the added benifits are worth the extra risk... hmm. I know at some point I'll definitely flash a HC rom I just don't know if it is just too soon to jump into one right now.

The only concern that I have had with Vegan Ginger so far is that after I flashed over to it I lost my 3 birds splash screen... not that I am complaining because i have never really cared for it, but I have not heard of this ever happening to anyone else so far.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I was using this ROM for a while with my GTab, I just switched to brilliant corners though

I would like to know if there is a way to snag the keyboard from the Vegan ROM and move it to Brilliant corners?

21 - 40 of 51 Posts