Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
The Hand That Smites
652 Posts
This is not my Rom, all credit goes to the balckdroid

G Tablet 3.0.0 RC (Release Candidate)

File Name: G Tablet 3.0.0 RC (Release Candidate)
File Submitter: the blackdroid
File Submitted: 27 Jan 2011
File Updated: 27 Jan 2011
File Category: Viewsonic G Tablet

Changes Since UD 3.0.0 Beta
--------------------------------

First off big thanks to Bekit. I used some of his device setup to get this project started and Pershoot for his kernel.
Second, after installation you are going to need to install this audio fix from gojimi
Audio Fix Link: Audio Fix
Also this build is going to be using adw instead of the normal UD launcher because of some compatibility issues.

- Updated build to 2.3.2 (sms bug fixed)
- MASSIVE performance improvements since 3.0.0 beta (faster, much more memory available)
- Made a lot of changes to the new theming engine
- Added fix for cdma phone signal issue
- Began Work on New UDLauncher3 (dustinmj/anderweb/blackdroid)
* Fastest 3D launcher on the planet
* Long press for customizable shortcuts
* Customizable number of shortcuts,
* Customizable launcher style
* Customizable launcher background
* Scrollable widget support
* Cleaned up code, made a few changes to launcher workspace
* (Full screen mode, Resizable widgets, Customizable number of screen, hide icon labels, and double tap to show previews still to come,)
- Added new scrollable galaxy s notification widget (customizable from ud settings - cvpcs)
- New Overhauled Music App w/ 5 widgets(Josh Stone)
- Phone and Messaging Lockscreen options are now "Phone and Custom App"
- Phone and Custom App now works with rotary lockscreen as well as the tabs lockscreen (Sven Dawitz/Blackdroid)
- Sound On ->> Vibrate On ->> Sound Off - Toggle On Lockscreen
- Rotary lockscreen + Phone and Custom app = new rotary lockscreen layout (hint:pull down)
- You now get rotary answer widget when rotary lockscreen enabled
- Removed Carrier From Status Bar and made clear button bigger (scroll to bottom of list to access clear button)
- Added Maket Apps Installer (by kmobs)
- Even more work done on UD Settings Overhaul (not fully complete)
- Porting UD Theme over to new theming system (not fully complete)

New Overhauled Music App Look:

Broken:
- UD Settings can only be accessed by long press search or selection from an open launcher

Click here to download this file

·
Registered
59 Posts
anyone running this successfully?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Checked the web site, change logs on nightly builds, last was on April 06, 2011. Looks like it's running 2.3.3. Need to register with web site to download, which is why you can't get it from here. No, I didn't register and download....yet. Still on the fence for this one.

·
225 Posts
I'm running UD 3.3.1 on my Droid 1 and absolutely LOVE IT! It runs Android 2.3.3...there are a TON of tweaks in the settings area & if if it's similar to the Droid version it comes with CWM & other "goodies"...I would run this ROM on my gTab as well but it has the 1.1 bootloader & I just switched over to 1.2 with BC...

On the phone, it is a very stable ROM...Check Droidforums.net for more information on Ultimate Droid...(I'm not sure if they list the tablet version there?)

·
The Hand That Smites
652 Posts
really wasn't impressed with this rom. felt like a watered down version of Vegan, and didn't seem like it was optimized for a tablet, all the phone junk is still in there. Not really a tablet ROM more like a direct port of a phone ROM.

But it's probably good for a phone

·
Registered
3 Posts
i havent used any thing but UD on my phones for a while now but i am not impressed with there not so tablet rom. I realy thought blackdroid would be bringing more to the table than this...so im still on a quest for somthing a little well....special. any ideas.... anyone???? pm me if you do. needs to be functional and shiney

·
225 Posts
i havent used any thing but UD on my phones for a while now but i am not impressed with there not so tablet rom. I realy thought blackdroid would be bringing more to the table than this...so im still on a quest for somthing a little well....special. any ideas.... anyone???? pm me if you do. needs to be functional and shiney
FYI...rumor on droidforums.net is that blackdroid may be located in one of the areas of the world that got hit with weather related tragedies...either Japan or the midwest USA...I think it was in the UD thread for the Droid 1 on the droidforums.net....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts