Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
The Hand That Smites
652 Posts
[ROM] Calkulin+Clemsyn OC/UV kernel (1.5 ghz) Froyo Combo NFS enabled VERSION 4

Clemsyn has released Version 4 of his Calkuin+Clemsyn ROM Kernel Combo and this time with an Overclocked Kernel

Below you will find details for the ROM as well as a link back to the developers original thread for support.

New Features:

1. Adobe Flash Player 10.2 pre-installed
2. Replaced Gallery 3D
3. Added Chenglu's USB Huawei's (confirmed Huawie 1550 working by archat68)
4. Commented sprint stuff in build.prop
5. Automated voltage and OC's settings (no need for SetCpu) via init.d profile

6. Undervolted at lowest speed settings (700mv at 21600) for improved battery life when screen is off (sleep fix enabled)
7. Undervolted at highest speed settings (1175mv at 1500000)
8. Added NFS client V3 and NFS server V3 in kernel.
9. Added Synman's boot logo

Directions:

Directions are as follows

1. Download Calkulin's Format all zip and use CWM to install it.
2. Go to Advance, and Clear Dalvik-cache
3. Then install Clem_Caulkin4.zip

BTW, you can restore data when upgrading

Here is the battery profile of this combo

51-100% battery - 1.5ghz
16%-50% - 1.2 ghz
1%-15% - 912mhz

WARNING: NOT ALL DEVICES WOULD BE COMPATIBLE WITH THE SET VOLTAGE SETTINGS SO IF WORKS ON YOUR DEVICE, CONSIDER YOURSELF LUCKY. IF NOT, USE THE V2 UPDATE AT BOTTOM OF THIS POST.

ROM: Clemsyn_Caulkin4.zip

Kernel Updates:

Clemsyn1.5FroyoUV2.zip
Clemsyn1.5FroyoMed2.zip
ClemsynVer1.5Froyoextra2.zip

Developer's Original Thread: http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1024120

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've been running this combo for a few weeks now. Its very stable and fast. Although I haven't been able to get any of Clemsyn's 1.5 gig OC Kernels to run... Although a bunch of people have been able to get them running and are reporting benchmarks in the 3500/4000 range. My non OC combo benchmarks around 2500.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi:
I've been playing with this all day, reverting back from 1.2 to stock 1.1-3588, then installing clockwork mod and trying to install from there,, it justs sits on the birdie page after reboot from installing.
Luckily I can nvflash back to stock and try again but I keep trying and same results each time. The 1st couple of times i didn't realize the command gets deleted out of the recovery directory, but even after assuring everything is in there by replacing the directory with a new one I still just get stuck at the birdie screen.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi:
I've been playing with this all day, reverting back from 1.2 to stock 1.1-3588, then installing clockwork mod and trying to install from there,, it justs sits on the birdie page after reboot from installing.
Luckily I can nvflash back to stock and try again but I keep trying and same results each time. The 1st couple of times i didn't realize the command gets deleted out of the recovery directory, but even after assuring everything is in there by replacing the directory with a new one I still just get stuck at the birdie screen.
Which kernel version were you using? I was only able to get past the birds using the 'extra' version. If you were trying the 'UV' version, try the 'med' and if that still doesn't work then go up to 'extra'.

·
FW Developer
97 Posts
I've been running v5 for about 2 weeks with the 1.7 oc kernel. Fast and most stable configuration I have tried to date.
I posted a 1.5 ghz version for you in the xda forum. It's for 1.2 bootloader that you can use with this combo. Basically what I did was nvflash with bootloader 1.2, then flash the Combo version and then flash the 1.5ghz kernel. I have to reboot like 3-4 times, then it is working stable. No issues.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts