Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have a problem installing/using the RKAndroidtool, no matter what I do I don't seem to get the RK drivers installed. I have tried Moborobo and even though it claims to have installed the drivers nothing shows up in device manager ( other than ADB drives which already exist). When I open RKAndroidtools(see attached) or RKBatchtools there is no usb recognised. Can someone hit me over the head with the answer
All I want is to have CWM running and be able to update the firmware in http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/38077-aosonmanufacter-i-have-a-reply/ post6.

Rectangle Font Screenshot Software Parallel

I have deliberately made a new topic to keep this away from the 'CWM, Firmware and I have a reply topics', so not to be confusing within their topics.
Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have a problem installing/using the RKAndroidtool, no matter what I do I don't seem to get the RK drivers installed. I have tried Moborobo and even though it claims to have installed the drivers nothing shows up in device manager ( other than ADB drives which already exist). When I open RKAndroidtools(see attached) or RKBatchtools there is no usb recognised. Can someone hit me over the head with the answer
All I want is to have CWM running and be able to update the firmware in http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/38077-aosonmanufacter-i-have-a-reply/ post6.

View attachment 7070

I have deliberately made a new topic to keep this away from the 'CWM, Firmware and I have a reply topics', so not to be confusing within their topics.
Thanks
evilc
I just posted directions on how to do this over in Jamie3's thread.
Here is a copy:

Here is the step-by-step directions for how I updated my M11C.
1.Download both files from Jamie's post.
2.Rename the image file to take out the Chinese characters(not sure this is necessary).
3.Unpack the .rar file.(This is the upgrading tool)
4.Open the config.ini file in the upgrading tool 1.5 folder and change line #4 to "Selected=2". Save the file. (This makes it work in English)
5.Open the RKBatchTool.exe program in the upgrading tool 1.5 folder.
6.Click on the box with 3 dots (upper right hand corner next to image path).
7.Select the .img file you downloaded and renamed in step 1.
8.Plug your USB cable into the USB port on your computer.
9.Make sure your tablet is charged and then shut down.
-THIS IS THE HARD PART-
10.Hold down the Home Key( next to power button on edge of tablet) HOLD DOWN HARD!
11.While holding the Home key, plug in the USB cable to the side of the tablet.
12.This should load the driver for the tablet. The correct driver is located in the Driver folder you downloaded with the update tool. Keep repeating steps 10 , 11 and 12 until the computer finds your tablet. It took me several tries for it to work.
13.If the computer looks for the driver, point it to the correct driver folder under the update tool 1.5 folder. The driver should recognize your tablet as RK30 if the right driver is loaded.
14.When the computer recognizes your tablet the box #1 under connected devices will turn Green.
15.Click on the restore button to start the upgrade.
Note: This restore deletes everything on your tablet. (I don't how to make it just update without deleting. Maybe someone else knows how to do this.)
16.This process takes 5 or 10 minutes.
17.After the update is done you can remove the cable and the tablet will reboot itself automatically.

Good Luck
Steve

·
Registered
413 Posts
Tell me if you're unable to make it work even after going according to what Steve said. I'm using a phone right now.
About CWM I suggest you wait a while before it is specifically made to work with the M11, as atm you can't even take a backup and you need a PC to boot to cwm and the button mapping isn't great.

·
Registered
58 Posts
As I've posted on the other thread, I have the same problem with RKBatch, it uploads the image and then can't find the drivers even though they're installed and working in Moborobo. It doesn't even ask for a path, and Windows makes a strange noise when I plug the tab into the mini usb port while holding the home button.

·
Registered
12 Posts
As I've posted on the other thread, I have the same problem with RKBatch, it uploads the image and then can't find the drivers even though they're installed and working in Moborobo. It doesn't even ask for a path, and Windows makes a strange noise when I plug the tab into the mini usb port while holding the home button.
The driver that Moborobo loads is not the right driver. Your tablet needs to be OFF then press the "home" key hard and while holding plug in the cable. When you use this sequence the computer recognizes the tablet as "RK30". It's the driver in the update folder under drivers. You can't get it to load this driver if the tablet is turned on.
You should see the #1 box under devices turn green - that tells you the computer recognized it properly.

Good Luck
Steve

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The driver that Moborobo loads is not the right driver. Your tablet needs to be OFF then press the "home" key hard and while holding plug in the cable. When you use this sequence the computer recognizes the tablet as "RK30". It's the driver in the update folder under drivers. You can't get it to load this driver if the tablet is turned on.
You should see the #1 box under devices turn green - that tells you the computer recognized it properly.

Good Luck
Steve
Thanks Steve that is what I was doing, but while reading your response I clicked what was wrong. In device manager it was showing ADB every time I connected the USB instead of the RKAndroid drivers. All I needed to do was remove the ADB drivers from device manager (while usb line still connected), then disconnect usb line. Then start RKbatchtool go back into device manager and it shows up there with !mark. All I need to do then was r/click !mark and install the correct drivers (in my case 64bit win7).

All is now working and have updated the firmware. Now all we need is CWM to be compatable.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
westroger, see my last post it maybe the answer to your problem.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Evilc -- that sequence would be impossible for me to do now, because I can't
connect the tablet to my computer by usb without it booting up to the home screen.
It's only happened today, but the way I see it, that makes updating by this method impossible now.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Evilc -- that sequence would be impossible for me to do now, because I can't
connect the tablet to my computer by usb without it booting up to the home screen.
It's only happened today, but the way I see it, that makes updating by this method impossible now.
Thanks
Just asking but are you very sure you are pressing and holding HOME button before plugin the USB CABLE and with you AOSON M11 already POWER off untill you pc detect the RK30 DEVICE
if it shows ADB on device manager then tablet is on and not POWER OFF at all thats why you need to press and hold the HOME BOTTON before connecting the usb cable because if not the tablet will power on himself.
THIS WILL SHOW WHEN PRESSING AND HOLDING HOME BUTTON WITH YOUR TABLET OFF BEFORE CONNECTING USB CABLE Rectangle Font Software Screenshot Operating system

THIS WILL SHOW ONLY WHEN ANDROID IS LOADED UP AND RUNNING, RK BATCH TOOL WILL NEVER WORK WITH THIS MODE WHILE YOUR TABLET IN POWER ON NEED TO MAKE SURE THAT YOUR HOME BUTTON IS WORKING FINE IF NOT NO WAY TO GET TO FLASHING MODE WITH OUT IT Product Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts