Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Thanks in large part to Terry from flashmyandroid who cracked the RK3188 repack procedure for me.

To make life easier for all I have spent many hours creating "version 1" of the Top Notch Tablets auto-dev tool/kitchen for working on RK3066 AND RK3188 stock rom files.

This tool can unpack/repack/build.prop mod/root/boot animation change/and much much more... all from an easy to use menu interface which should speed things up for some folks and making modding more accessible to others.

It was built and works on an Ubuntu 10.04 LTS 64-bit system. It does have a command to open a Nautilus (file explorer) window, otherwise it should work on (i would guess) most ubuntu based distros.

Please don't ask questions until AFTER you have read the readme file included in the archive.

Coming soon in version 2 of the tool... unpack and repack of the boot.img AND auto-adding init.d support along with some minor bug fixes...

In the mean time you can get the current version of my tool here...

DOWNLOAD FILE: go to - http://www.rockchipfirmware.com - look in the "dev's corner" under "firmware tools"

PSS - This tool is 90 mb because it includes a bunch of "support" files from another firmware image...

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Also note, I USE THIS TOOL, for my work for Top Notch Tablets so some of the options do some TNT specific things (set the homepage to a TNT search page, change the desktop background to a TNT branded image, etc.) I have said all of this in the readme file but I am also saying it here lest someone who doesn't read accidentley ends up with a TNT branded image and throws a fit

You are using a tool that I originally built for myself and I am not going to maintain two versions of it as that would just make my life way to complicated. Read the readme...

Cheers,

Roman

·
Registered
62 Posts
Cool, nice to see the development under linux. Is there any way how to flash the final ROM to tablet using ubuntu (something linke RKBatch for linux)? At present, I don't have any windows machine at home.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello, and congratulations for your awesome kitchen!

I have one question... have you already tried to unpack/pack boot.img for a RK3188? (Im working with a Cube U30GT2)

It have an unknown format for me... and I have tried lot of methods without success
Any trick?

Thanks in advance.

·
Developer
247 Posts
Hello, and congratulations for your awesome kitchen!

I have one question... have you already tried to unpack/pack boot.img for a RK3188? (Im working with a Cube U30GT2)

It have an unknown format for me... and I have tried lot of methods without success
Any trick?

Thanks in advance.
Using Roman's kitchen... I was able to make a ROM for my Cube GT5 and is working quite great...

Alok

·
Registered
4 Posts
hello guys.. please help me.. i want to root my u9gtv but i cant find a way to root this. and i just got here. please help me masters!

·
Registered
73 Posts
You have written the firmware kitchen for cube. It's Linux only but in any case it has "enable init.d" function. How does it work? I have experimented with a couple of init.d installers but they do not work, at least not on my FNF iFive X2.

These things basically add "busybox run-parts /system/etc/init.d" line into recovery-install.sh located in /system/etc. It seems the recovery install-script is not executed during boot or if it is, it's not done as a root.

What's the secret sauce for _successfully_ installing init.d into rockchip vanilla roms?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts