Android Tablets Forum banner
41 - 60 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
It's about swap internal SD (which has limited space e.g. 1,8GB) for physical external SD (which could have up to 64GB), because many apps needs lot of space. Like offline maps has many large files and they can't be used from external SD. It's the whole essence of this case. This problem are solving people for almost (or entire) all device with this stupid internal SD thing.

Second thing is that guide, I recommend to use my method, which is completely proper working. Swap that two titles doesn't work, it causes issues like non working internal SD or apps can't be moved to SD. I put the right format into spoiler at my post #22. It's like this (for Prestigio PER5274B):

Code:
dev_mount sdcard /mnt/external_sd auto /devices/virtual/mtd/mtd9/mtdblock9<br />
dev_mount flash /mnt/sdcard auto /devices/platform/rk29_sdmmc.0/mmc_host/mmc0

·
Registered
1 Posts
3) How to Install Clockworkmod Recovery (All Command Inputs without quotes)
-- thanks and credits to the guys from http://androtab.info/ --

I) Download Recovery Image:
http://files.androtab.info/rockchip/rk2928/20130425/PER5274B_CWM.zip

II) extract flash_image and recovery.img from CWM.zip and put flash_image and recovery.img into device in the same path
as the modified ADB Tool, e.g.

"adb push flash_image /dev/"
"adb push recovery.img /dev/"

III) enter root shell
"adb shell"
"flash recovery.img into recovery partition with flash_image, e.g."
"chmod 755 /dev/flash_image"
"/dev/flash_image recovery /dev/recovery.img"

IV) you should disable install-recovery.sh which restores stock recovery on every boot
"chmod 644 /system/etc/install-recovery.sh"

How to use:
Volume up/down to go up and down and Power Button to select

To Open Clockworkmod there are several methods:
I) Install GooManager and choose Option "Boot recovery"
II) On the device open Terminal. Type "su" Type "reboot recovery"
III) Start your device while Holding "power" and "volume up"

i have successfully rooted my TOUCHMATE TM-MID720. thanks to you Codycoyote but, im having a hard time to understand and figure it out how to perform the STEP 3 procedure. can you perform a video tutorial on how to install clockworkmod recovery following that step for me? hope you grant my request. i ask you this because i want to update my ROM from 4.1.1 to 4.1.2

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Hi
How to know what Rockchip CPU we Have, I have a chinese tablet and I don't know what is my cpu,
HELP
there are several Apps on Play Store that Help identify the components. I use CPU-Z oder Antutu

·
Registered
82 Posts
3) How to Install Clockworkmod Recovery (All Command Inputs without quotes)
-- thanks and credits to the guys from http://androtab.info/ --

I) Download Recovery Image:
http://files.androtab.info/rockchip/rk2928/20130425/PER5274B_CWM.zip

II) extract flash_image and recovery.img from CWM.zip and put flash_image and recovery.img into device in the same path
as the modified ADB Tool, e.g.

"adb push flash_image /dev/"
"adb push recovery.img /dev/"

III) enter root shell
"adb shell"
"flash recovery.img into recovery partition with flash_image, e.g."
"chmod 755 /dev/flash_image"
"/dev/flash_image recovery /dev/recovery.img"

IV) you should disable install-recovery.sh which restores stock recovery on every boot
"chmod 644 /system/etc/install-recovery.sh"

How to use:
Volume up/down to go up and down and Power Button to select

To Open Clockworkmod there are several methods:
I) Install GooManager and choose Option "Boot recovery"
II) On the device open Terminal. Type "su" Type "reboot recovery"
III) Start your device while Holding "power" and "volume up"

i have successfully rooted my TOUCHMATE TM-MID720. thanks to you Codycoyote but, im having a hard time to understand and figure it out how to perform the STEP 3 procedure. can you perform a video tutorial on how to install clockworkmod recovery following that step for me? hope you grant my request. i ask you this because i want to update my ROM from 4.1.1 to 4.1.2
I'm not good in making video tutorials. But first I would like to know where did you get a flashable 4.1.2 ZIP file? I would be interested in this too.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I want to thank CodyCoyote for his guide. I have successfully installed CWM on my Ampe A73 rockchip 2928 based tablet. I have one small suggestion to improve the guide. Under 'How to Open Clockworkmod' there is a 4th way, which is the only way that worked for me. Please add "adb reboot recovery" as a method. Thank you.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
I want to thank CodyCoyote for his guide. I have successfully installed CWM on my Ampe A73 rockchip 2928 based tablet. I have one small suggestion to improve the guide. Under 'How to Open Clockworkmod' there is a 4th way, which is the only way that worked for me. Please add "adb reboot recovery" as a method. Thank you.
Thanks mate for Suggestion. Just updated OP

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi!

thank you very much for this tuto with which I succeeded has rooter my Polaroid 7" rainbow Rockship rk2926

As well as change for the SDcard and flash

PS: excuse my english, i'm a french man

·
Registered
82 Posts
Has anyone tried to flash the Gapps Package from Cyanogenmod via CWM?

http://goo.im/gapps

I have some minor problems with Calender apk and google play-services APK and hope to fix it with that.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi @codycoyote! I just really wanted to say thank you so much for this thread you made! You really helped me to root my Sister's Touchmate TM-MID730! You can now include TM-MID730 toyour device support list for root and cwm recovery
Btw, anyone knows where I can find a stock firmware for my Touchmate TM-MID730? I saw in rockchip site, they only have stock firmware for 720, I hope there is available for my tab

Oh I forgot, I'm deciding to flash gapps (4.1.2) to my tab, is it compatible? anyone tested it? Thanks for the reply in advance!

·
Registered
2 Posts
> Which Vizio Model is it exactly? I want to update the OP List of working devices

The model is called, Vizio 3D wonder. This is India based Vizio and probably not the Vizio at the US.

homeshop18.com/vizio-3d-wonder-tablet/computers-tablets/tablets/product:30525487/cid:16327

Thiyaga

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Hi @codycoyote! I just really wanted to say thank you so much for this thread you made! You really helped me to root my Sister's Touchmate TM-MID730! You can now include TM-MID730 toyour device support list for root and cwm recovery
Btw, anyone knows where I can find a stock firmware for my Touchmate TM-MID730? I saw in rockchip site, they only have stock firmware for 720, I hope there is available for my tab

Oh I forgot, I'm deciding to flash gapps (4.1.2) to my tab, is it compatible? anyone tested it? Thanks for the reply in advance!
For me flashing the Gapps Package from goo.im has worked fine.. As Long as you make a backup with CWM before you start modding you can't destroy anything...you can always restore.

Reactions: MeSpandey

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
For me flashing the Gapps Package from goo.im has worked fine.. As Long as you make a backup with CWM before you start modding you can't destroy anything...you can always restore.
One more thing ;-)

Check Out this link...I am not sure, but this should be the 730 stock firmware.

http://downloads.pointofview-online.com/Drivers/Tablets/%207%20Inch%20Tablets/TAB-P703%20Firmware%20Upgrade/

The folder is called 703 but the folder with the 702 Name contains the 720 firmware so i believe it should be here the Same logic

·
Registered
82 Posts
Maybe interesting for you...

I tested a good App Which helps to Save some Space in the /Data/ Folder which is usually very small on our device.
Every Time when you update a system App. like play store or gmaps, the update apk will be installed in the Data Folder.
The 'System app cleaner ROOT' app mounts your system folder and Updates the System app With the newer Version which was stored in the data folder and deletes this version. So you Save a lot of Space.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.flaki.systemcleaner

Of course it's recommended to do a Nandroid before.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Maybe interesting for you...

I tested a good App Which helps to Save some Space in the /Data/ Folder which is usually very small on our device.
Every Time when you update a system App. like play store or gmaps, the update apk will be installed in the Data Folder.
The 'System app cleaner ROOT' app mounts your system folder and Updates the System app With the newer Version which was stored in the data folder and deletes this version. So you Save a lot of Space.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.flaki.systemcleaner

Of course it's recommended to do a Nandroid before.
Thanks! I'll try it! +1 all your posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
"Thank you for trying it and sharing the news! But backing up via CWM took me up to 1.5GB of space "

Why is this a Problem for you? You can make you backup on SD Card and than move it to your computer...so you lose nö space

·
Registered
5 Posts
"Thank you for trying it and sharing the news! But backing up via CWM took me up to 1.5GB of space "

Why is this a Problem for you? You can make you backup on SD Card and than move it to your computer...so you lose nö space
Nope, I'm just wondering why it would take up to 1GB when backing up the rom. Usually it's just around 200MB to 400MB for the size of a stock firmware. Well anyway, thanks
Do you know any custom roms for this tab?

41 - 60 of 98 Posts