·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Link fixed, sorry.

Left 2 what?

·
Super Moderator
1,185 Posts
So there is yet another batch3 kernel out there causing troubles... ( btw, Fuser you left 2 ...
)
No there isn't... Those two zeros left fooled me to think its a new one (crc32 in zip was changed).
Same damn kernel and boot.img than in the first build 121218. Fuser just has some other kernel (non stock?)
in his first crystal_clear_batch3_compatibility_v1.5.3.zip which must be replaced with the "real" one...

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
No there isn't... Those two zeros left fooled me to think its a new one (crc32 in zip was changed).
Same damn kernel and boot.img than in the first build 121218. Fuser just has some other kernel (non stock?)
in his first crystal_clear_batch3_compatibility_v1.5.3.zip which must be replaced with the "real" one...
Oh I get it. Yes the crystal clear regular batch3 comp zip has the kernel that Christian put together for the batch 3 Crystals. I keep meaning to put the official one back in but haven't gotten around to it. Also, when I was hex editing the boot.img I left the two zero's because it said the size would change if I deleted them, I'm assuming that was an example of the advice you gave me for hex editing? You said you had encountered that before.

·
Super Moderator
1,185 Posts
I had encountered once before an "end null" that was part of the image.
While the probability to such is like none it's wise to leave some nulls
as they don't harm anybody. Of course one can find the correct cutting
point but like said it's not really necessary.

Still I might add a cutter to the uImage-unpacker tool some nice day...
I already put it to my new Jolly-Dumper tool so it should be a easy job... (it never is..)

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Can I use it no matter if I have cyanogenmod 10.1? I have the same problem and I don't find another solution.
Thank you.
You can probably not use it with CM10.1 because the boot.img and possibly some of the other system files are differerent but you can use it with Crystal Clear.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
So, what can I do with cyanogenmod?

It's weird to have your screen with that problem.

Thank you again.
Well, you could build your own comp zip for it.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
You're posting in the batch 3 screen problem thread, if that is your problem then flash the batch 3 screen fix comp zip.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Crystal Clear v2.0 ROM and Crystal Clear Batch3 Screen Fix compatibility zip v2.0 found here. Plenty of info in the Crystal Clear v2.0 thread in the Firmware/Development section.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
The only custom ROM that supports your version of the batch 3 is Crystal Clear. It's the only custom ROM with a comp zip for your tablet.
thanks for answer ,
(sorry 130108=130308)

i have my stock rom backup , any way to make my own comp zip?
because i love CM 10.1

thanks again man!

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
I haven't made a CM10.1 or CM10.2 comp zip but you can try grabbing CT's Crystal boot.img and your boot.img, unpack them and then repack his with your kernel instead of the one that is in there. I'm guessing that would be enough but I don't know for sure.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts