Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,Since no one was going about updating anything.I went ahead and figured it out.Currently i have full root on the slatedroid mod. I will be posting the flash soon.Also, I am working on getting swap working from ecotex.Once i get swap working. I will work on getting AD-HOC working for pairing to droid devices for inet so you can bring your m001 outside

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is made by me doing a look between ecotex's rom + slatedroid. And spending about 4 hours of work to get it working.I'd appricate if someone out there who knows about getting swap to work / adhoc / market fix using the ID. To give me a hand. I dont mind taking over dev for this. If i have help.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Let me know how the marketfix goes. If you can find a way to do this auto without having to use the image file. We can put it into the rom so it will generate a code. or maybe we can use the same one?I can include the market fix in the next release.

·
Firmware Dev
2,739 Posts
rhcp011235;28832 said:
Let me know how the marketfix goes. If you can find a way to do this auto without having to use the image file. We can put it into the rom so it will generate a code. or maybe we can use the same one?I can include the market fix in the next release.
I had to use the posted methold that requires you install the SDK and image.I think that this is the way we will have to go as each user will need their own unique googleID anyway, its a pain but it works.As to the Swapfile issue, as it doesnt load the SDcard at boot then we need a chmod script file to run post boot after the cards online.

·
Firmware Dev
2,739 Posts
There must be a way of mounting the sdcard as android boots and not when it has, Im new to linux myself but having run ubuntu before maybe it could be added to the fstab ?A linux guru would be handy to have here.

·
Registered
77 Posts
The idea of getting all this to install with an update/firmware flash is great, but the ID issue cannot be hacked/resolved with a script, it is a fault of the EKEN device and would require a unique andriodId for each device, difficult/impossible to produce in an update/flash... The swap file and rooting has already been done, and isnt difficult in the first instance, so surely move to new ground.. Apps2Sd, better vid integration, new android version.. etc .. Just saying,, perhaps your wasting your talents going down a worn path that devs have already trod..

·
Registered
52 Posts
rhcp011235;29140 said:
Fstab is for mounting. The sd card mounts fine. The thing is we need to find a script which runs after the SD is mounted.
From this post usbgadget.sh is run after the SD is mounted. I've been using this method to get swap working on various firmware for a while now.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.