Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
I like my Pipo Max M1 but the battery was not as big as I need it (8000mah).
I'm able to read PDFs/powerpoints for about 10 hours with wifi on/half brightness. (conservative usage)
And I'm able to get about 3 hours playing an extensive game with wifi on/max brightness. (performance usage).

Sadly since the Max M1 is a chinese tablet, there aren't that many accessories for it. I had thought about getting an external portable battery charger but I wanted something like a battery case seen on more expensive models but again this IS a chinese tablet.

So I bought a iP6000 Ipad 1 Case (with a 6000mah battery) and retrofitted it to give me more battery life. This will essentially work for ANY chinese 9.7inch IPS display tablet since the buttons and basic dimensions are the same as the Ipad 1.

Disassembly of the iP6000 case

Removal of the 30 pin Apple dock

Second and third pin from the left are 5.01 v

About to strip and cut off excess plastic from the 2.5mm power jack

Cut a hole where the 2.5mm jack should be

Another view

Insert the Pipo Max M1 in partially then insert the jack into the hole. Push the tablet into the jack to ensure that it is where it should be

Hot glue the jack in place with the tablet still in position until the hot glue is dried

Another view

Everything taped up and ready to go

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
View of the connector from the outside

Another view

Another view

The power button hole needs a tiny bit of dremeling since the Max M1 button is slightly to the left of the hole

Finally, portable tablet charging.

-The iP6000 has indicators on the back that tell you if it's charging or not.
-Charging port is micro USB! Very nice! It's nice not to carry around that shithole of a 2.5mm jack!
-There's actually a lot of room on the bottom cavity of the case to do another mod. I think I'm going to make my own speaker system since the Max M1 stock speaks blow. On a side note: the hollow cavity creates an amplified resonating effect on the stock speakers making them a louder. But I think I'm still going to do a speaker mod next.
-This mod does NOT touch your Max M1 so if you have a warranty, you're still good.
-There is a button in the back that you need to press once to tell it to charge or not. If pressed, it will permanently charge or not charge the device.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts