Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my aPad (2gb Rockchip 2808 w/ red charging LED) from mp4nation, so it came pre-flashed with the RB firmware. Long story short, I like the concept of the touchscreen tablet so much that I've decided to sell mine and put the cash toward an iPad. My question is, if I do the "restore factory defualt" thing, will the RB firmware go away? I just need to know what to put in my eBay listing :)Thanks guys!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also...how do you reset things to factory default? I just assumed there'd be an option for it somewhere, but I just looked through all of the settings menus and am not seeing it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just ebay as a more reliable (better) RB firmware apad. Regarding the "restore factory default" thing you have to flash the apad with the original FW . maybe mp4nation has it, you can ask them.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hi jb to reset back to original firmware go into settings sd card and scroll down. There is an option to restore there!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks guys! I felt stupid for not scrolling down enough on the sd card settings to see the factory reset. Also, doing the reset did NOT delete the RB firmware ;)

·
Registered
7 Posts
[quote name='justbishop;38988]thanks guys! I felt stupid for not scrolling down enough on the sd card settings to see the factory reset. Also' date=' doing the reset did NOT delete the RB firmware ;)[/QUOTE'] that's what I meant for original firmware

·
Premium Member
2,428 Posts
Why an i-pad? It may have what you want, multitouch,GPS, 1024x768 screen,ect. But there are new android devices coming out that are 10" 1024x600 (16x9 not 4x3) TCC8902 wGPU. Might do what you want but cost less.

·
Registered
3 Posts
thanks guys! I felt stupid for not scrolling down enough on the sd card settings to see the factory reset. Also, doing the reset did NOT delete the RB firmware
I'll echo that comment. Using the Factory data reset under the SD card and MID storage in Settings did not remove the firmware, but did remove ALL apps that were installed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts