Android Tablets Forum banner

reset VS. factory reset

15K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  BiPolarBear 
#1 ·
besides the factory reset button the the top of the unit how can i do a factory reset???thanks

#2 ·
The top button is not a factory reset button. It just resets the device when it becomes stuck some where. To do a factory reset, return to factory settings, you can go to Settings (PDN settings not the Android settings menu) and scroll right to the Reset Defaults location. Tap on the reset button and you will be taken back to factory default settings.

#5 ·
reflashing new fw will essentially factory reset, removing everything.

#6 ·
im still having video issues using the BASE novel software. my videos played fine last night (MP4) now when i load them i get an "unknown error" crash, not even the supplied "motion" video that comes with the unit wont play. i did a factory reset, the video played fine. i loaded a diff video and i got the error again, i then went back to the working video and i got the error with that one too. i run them off of my sd card that is more than fast enough. just dont understand why it works and 5min later it doesnt.

#7 ·
[quote name='xxcalibur;18842]im still having video issues using the BASE novel software. my videos played fine last night (MP4) now when i load them i get an "unknown error" crash' date=' not even the supplied "motion" video that comes with the unit wont play. i did a factory reset, the video played fine. i loaded a diff video and i got the error again, i then went back to the working video and i got the error with that one too. i run them off of my sd card that is more than fast enough. just dont understand why it works and 5min later it doesnt.[/QUOTE']I have the same problem intermittently, especially if I go to settings, after starting the video app, to change the brightness. If I change to the ereader app (but not various other apps) and then back to video, my experience so far is that the video then works. But sometimes I have no problems even repeatedly opening and closing various test videos I have loaded (I think from both the internal and external cards).

#8 ·
I loathe the pdn stock video player. It does nothing right unless you are playing a very small, low frame rate mp4.

#12 ·
[quote name='SpinControl;18881]Anyone try using AppKiller to kill apps when this error occurs?I noticed that the PDN would slow down when I ran apps. It was very noticeable when I went back to the home page/main menu. I tried AppKiller' date=' and it listed ALL the apps that I had just ran. When I cleared out everything (minus PandaHome), the PDN quickened up.Just a thought.[/QUOTE'] I am using Advanced Task Killer both on my Droid and on the Novel: http://files.rwbcs.net/android/apk_files/app tools/Advanced_Task_Killer.apk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.