Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible? or do you have to have a recompiled ROM with the setting for a bigger flash? I have access to different size flash IC and I wanting to upgrade the XR5 to more memory But I'm not too familiar with the android OS itself. I'll be getting mine in about a week, but if anyone has info on the NAND flash on it (ie. part number then I can do a quick cross reference)?Thanks.

·
Registered
784 Posts
I don't have part numbers, or recompiled roms.. just experience: The 4GB internal nand is available directlly to the cpu as the OS builders sees fit. In case of Android, the basics leave around 3.3GB of nand un-used and available under /nand. The OS has been tweaked to mount /nand and android's internal vold keeps track of it. If you plug the tablet into the pc you can access that part under /nand.If you added a bigger nand flash, i'm betting the remainder of unused space would just end up as /nand, but i'm not 100% sure it will work.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the quick reply. I was thinking of not doing that just yet but maybe replace the ddr memory and see what happens? Do you know if by adding more memory it will run faster?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.