Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So during the wifi antenna mod something went wrong with the soldering...
And I pulled off the antenna trace while trying to remove som access solder
Now there's no more antenna connected to the wifi chipset.. and I'm only getting 1 bar of signal... Anyone know where I can get a replacement module I can solder back on to replace this one? Any help is appreciated

·
Registered
8 Posts
hi,maybe you can use a "unpacked" usb wlan stick, the wlan board is connected over 4 wires to the mainboard... could be a normal internal usb port!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Was just thinking the same thing. I read somewhere that the wifi card is connected to a USB header on the mainboard, it also looked like this to me when opening the unit. If replacing it I guess it needs to be the same kind of chipset or manufacturer of the board to make it work with the drivers installed?! but most of these products are very similar anyway and usually work with many drivers. How about making a bridge

·
Registered
8 Posts
How about making a bridge over the broken trace on the pcb? Use a short pieze of vire or just solder?!When uoy are getting only one bar of signal, is that with only the original broken pcb antenna, or is it in combination with the extended antenna wire? I am just thinking that with the wire antenna connected on either sides of the broken antenna trace it should be no problem theoretically.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the same problem, is there a better module to solder in or how can I fix this problem? Pictures would help me out thx Nico

1 - 5 of 5 Posts