Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I had some dust trapped between the bezel and the touchscreen. So I took the plunge and ordered a touch screen from hiapad. Here's part one of my youtube series:
. I hope to get to parts 2 and 3 later today! Enjoy.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Cool stuff! I myself will never be able to do such repairs but I find it mighty interesting to watch.

G

·
My query probably doesn't warrant a new thread so I will bung it in with people dealing with screen replacement:In the centre area of my touch screen there is a "gap" between the touch screen and the actual display which results in you being able to "bend" the touch screen as you push. This results in a "pressure distortion" on the actual display, similar to pressing onto an LCD screen. Is this normal? Any possible solutions, or just a badly manufactured screen?EDIT: Someone else has same thing happening, see here:

·
Registered
880 Posts
wel, my 2GB apad has the same problem as shown in the video.I dont think it is a problem.On another note i just ordered a Touchscreen replacemant for my 4GB aPad via a taobao agent (obook) for a a bit less then the alibaba offer.I hope it comes through, i will report.

G

·
[quote name='Loonix;20590]wel' date=' my 2GB apad has the same problem as shown in the video.I dont think it is a problem.On another note i just ordered a Touchscreen replacemant for my 4GB aPad via a taobao agent (obook) for a a bit less then the alibaba offer.I hope it comes through, i will report.[/QUOTE'] I would expect it on a device like a laptop where you aren't supposed touch the screen but it doesn't seem normal on a touch device. I only really noticed the "loose" screen when I played with the M001 we have here for the first time since getting my aPad. The screen on that is taught and button presses are much easier. The looseness of the aPad screen results in a LOT of mispresses, especially using the keyboard.Any other feedback from owners appreciated!

·
Registered
97 Posts
[quote name='Loonix;20590]wel' date=' my 2GB apad has the same problem as shown in the video.I dont think it is a problem.On another note i just ordered a Touchscreen replacemant for my 4GB aPad via a taobao agent (obook) for a a bit less then the alibaba offer.I hope it comes through, i will report.[/QUOTE'] My pad has exactly the same issue, only mine is on the left hand side of the screen. Only a minor irritation at the mo, hopefully it doesnt develop into something more nasty........

G

·
[quote name='riki1kenobi;20936]My pad has exactly the same issue' date=' only mine is on the left hand side of the screen. Only a minor irritation at the mo, hopefully it doesnt develop into something more nasty........[/QUOTE'] It's only really noticeable on certain coloured backgrounds, but is obviously still there when you can't see it.The loose screen thing is really annoying me

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
xaueious;20929 said:
I'm not happy with the way things turned out. Sigh...
You can't blame any of the carriers - now the shipper: who wraps (and wraps and wraps) a fragile piece like that in bubble wrap and then hopes its going to make the 12,000kms or so? I'm lucky mine made it in one piece!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.