Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G

·
I assume mkcramfs is a tool within the Android SDK? Else it is a Linux based tool. Xau can probably elaborate more as I don't know what I am talking about

·
Premium Member
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
there is not mkcramfs in the SDK r6,i use WIN XP SP3 Sweetadb push not work because the system is read, I am forced to redo a system.imgthank you all the same

·
Premium Member
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So I have to boot with a ubuntu live cd if I want to compile the system.imgthere is no knowledge at your command line by WIN?

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy FilehostingUse the above link to create a "template" directory I use whenever I am doing fw work - mostly in windows. Unzip and then copy your system dir into the directory. Then use mkcramfs system system.imgfrom a cmd window. That'll create the system.img. What you do with it after that is up to you. Most devs start of by using the afptool.exe to unpack an update.img file, then do their mods from there. In my case I would use:unpack.bat to unpack the imagexsystem.bat to decompress system.imgmksystem.bat to compress /system after I've made my changesmkupdate.bat to recreate the update.img fileTedious... but there you go

·
Registered
254 Posts
Basically, you can't unpack the different partition images (like boot.img, system.img & cetera) on a Windows box, as important stuff like owner, rights and so on isn't supported on a Windows file system. Well, yes you can unpack and pack, but if the resulting image will work is - well I don't know... This stuff should be done on a Unix/Linux box with a POSIX file system IMO.Silly enough, the applications for compiling update.img and flashing the rom is only for Windows (even if AFPTool runs under Wine), so you need both a Linux system and a Windows system to work with these roms.See Xaueious' excellent guide here: http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...custom-firmwares-rockchip-rk2808-rk2808a.html

·
Premium Member
664 Posts
@donaldsonThank youi testing this procedure, cool if it works.I would tell [email protected] youedit :I am back and it worksI re-compiled system.imgVery nice and thank you for your helpIt is not necessary to compile the update.img because we just use RKAndroidTool.exe and take the following files and flash:boot.imgkernel.imgmisc.imgrecovery.imgsystem.img

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Yes, it works very nicely, doesn't it! Though it can get tedious.

·
Registered
38 Posts
[quote name='lefeudedieu;52456]@donaldsonThank youi testing this procedure' date=' cool if it works.I would tell [email protected] youedit :I am back and it worksI re-compiled system.imgVery nice and thank you for your helpIt is not necessary to compile the update.img because we just use RKAndroidTool.exe and take the following files and [URL=flash:boot.imgkernel.imgmisc.imgrecovery.imgsystem]flash:boot.imgkernel.imgmisc.imgrecovery.imgsystem[/URL].img[/QUOTE'] How do you do this? I can only select 1 file with RKAndroidDM. If anyone knows how to turn an signed update.zip in to and update.img that would be helpful.

·
Registered
38 Posts
[quote name='lefeudedieu;52456]@donaldsonThank youi testing this procedure' date=' cool if it works.I would tell [email protected] youedit :I am back and it worksI re-compiled system.imgVery nice and thank you for your helpIt is not necessary to compile the update.img because we just use RKAndroidTool.exe and take the following files and [URL=flash:boot.imgkernel.imgmisc.imgrecovery.imgsystem]flash:boot.imgkernel.imgmisc.imgrecovery.imgsystem[/URL].img[/QUOTE'] how do you do this? I can only select one file in RKAndroidDM.

·
Firmware Dev
2,739 Posts
Ive found that the easiest way to work with .img files is to use linux, Ubuntu in my case.
To mount an img file its mount (filename.img) /mnt -o loop
Do your work on the now open and live .img in /mnt
To unmount the .img umount /mnt

For boot.img its more complex as you have to extract it and then work and rebuild.

Thats it.

Rog.

·
Registered
1 Posts
sorry to revive an old thread, but I am trying to build a system.img from my Minix Neo X5 which is a RockChip 3066 cpu. i have gotten my system.img rebuilt but it has truncated files to 16mb and the total allowable size of the system.img is 272mb. how do I get past these errors and make everything work? thanks in advance!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.