Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone managed to pull their momo8 apart to get inside?
I suspect the speaker in mine has died (or wiring come loose), but having trouble getting it a part...

As its a gift for my daughter, I'm reluctant to use too much force...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Has anyone managed to pull their momo8 apart to get inside?
I suspect the speaker in mine has died (or wiring come loose), but having trouble getting it a part...

As its a gift for my daughter, I'm reluctant to use too much force...
-

I broke my screen and power button trying to improve terrible WiFi. It was very stiff and I was trying to lift the side with the power button which of course was poking through the side of the case!

Got a Pipo S2 and it is so much better in WiFi and battery - no leakage in sleep

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hello I've opened it many times.

Unscrew the 3 screws at ports end.
Use your finger nail or guitar plectrum to gently pry open the device.
Once there is a big enough gap use a credit card to slow work your way all around the edge, slowly "cracking" the screen away from the back cover. You may hear cracking noises because it is clipped together.

Be careful not to bend the screen too much, this is why you should use something like a credit card and not your hands.

·
Registered
56 Posts
When I first went to the Ployer downloads section, there was (surprisingly) a video available showing how to open up a Momo 8! It is no longer there. I used a guitar plectrum to un-clip the screen, and a bit of tape to hold the power button in place, start opening from the other side from the connectors, and watch out for the speaker wire, it's taped to the back plate.

This is how to open Momo 7, not the same, but the method used with two plastic cards looks abuot right:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts