Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 4 of 31 Posts

· Registered
65 Posts
I just executed an upgrade to 2GB. The back came off relatively easy after watching the video. I used a high quality card. So, not only have I doubled the internal memory but the Novel is running noticeably faster.

· Registered
65 Posts
[quote name='clockworx;29816]The Android System is not stored on that internal SD card' date=' so the only difference you'll see is reading/writing the files on the card. Even class 2 can probably keep up with the read demands for playing video that our device can handle.[/QUOTE'] In essence, you are correct. The difference between a class 2 and class 6 is likely milliseconds. That being said, those milliseconds can provide a smoother experience. Faster page turns, video stuttering less and smoother transitions between large picture files in a slideshow are some of the benefits gained. It creates a better quality experience. I can mean the difference in how you perceive the quality of the product.

· Registered
65 Posts
After purchasing and charging my unit, the first thing I did was install the 7-18 update. I do not have the 7-24 update installed. I upgraded the memory with 7-18 already installed. So, my performance boost was not due to a firmware upgrade but rather the memory upgrade.

1 - 4 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.