Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just did the fw upgrade, which wiped all of the apps off the novel. Reinstalling everything has been a breeze except for Documents to Go. I thought Dataviz was pretty cool because they even have a way to purchase their software for android devices that can't access the market. However, what they don't tell you is that the activation code it creates for your intial version will not auto-update for a new installation, even if you download over the air using the initial download link. The only way to auto update the registration is through the market.I have a support ticket in with Dataviz, so it'll have to wait until tomorrow to get an official resolution. I'm interested to see how they're going to deal with my issue. I'm half expecting them to say that the Novel is an unsupported device, so sorry about your luck. However, they might say it's no big deal and fix it. In the interim, do any of the big brains here have any ideas? Ahh, the joys of pushing the envelope...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Dataviz took care of my issues no questions asked. I love having Documents to Go on my novel. I can get quite of bit of work done in between appointments when lugging a laptop around would be impractical.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Did they have a way of pulling your Google Marketplace ID or something like that which might help all of us get access to the Marketplace, or did they just give you a download link for your particular application?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dataviz has a separate system for devices that can't access the market--basically an email link to an over the air downloader. The installation then connects to Dataviz's database and looks for a unique unlock code. Nothing here that would help in the hacking of market functionality. Wish I could provide something to help in the quest...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts