Android Tablets Forum banner
161 - 175 of 175 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there Roebeet,

my Gtablet is not booting into recovery mode, although it´s booting into Android. Do you think I can use this procedure to recover my "recovery mode"? Does it matter if I install 1.1 or 1.2 version? I got this Gtablet with Cyanogen, not the original stock ROM.

When I try to boot into recovery mode, it just freezes after the "recovery key detected" and "Booting recovery kernel image". This happened after I tried installing ClockWorkMod...

Thanks in advance,

Rodolfo

·
Registered
1 Posts
HI

I tried all the steps above but still it will boot up and then when i turn it off i get the black screen which is apx mode.. everything i try still getting the same thing.. can anyone help me please
i have been working on this for 3 days now

·
Dragon Lady
6,471 Posts
HI

I tried all the steps above but still it will boot up and then when i turn it off i get the black screen which is apx mode.. everything i try still getting the same thing.. can anyone help me please
i have been working on this for 3 days now
I'm bot sure what you mean, but if it's in APX mode, maybe you should look at here. http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/22124-how-to-recovery-when-gtab-does-not-turn-on-and-stay-in-apx-mode/

Good luck and welcome to SLD.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,

Hopefully this is the proper place for this. I have a Viewsonic G Tablet which I tried to root and install a new rom last night. I was following the directions on a website (can not recall which one now - it's all a blur atm)and thought I was on my way to modded bliss. I ended up with what I believe was some version of CWM installed - 5504 maybe, it used the touch screen as opposed to the volume control & power button. In any event, all seemed well at that point. My next step was that I put the Recovery & update files on the external SD card and then tried to flash it onto the tab. I did the delete data & the delete cache and was thinking to myself "what have I been so afraid of" and that is where things apparently went horribly wrong. After the flash I rebooted per the instructions and the tablet got stuck on the viewsonic birds screen. After multiple attempts to make things work I figured I had screwed the pooch and bricked the thing. This morning I decided that there must be a way to make it right so I began reading more & more sites. I then downloaded a different rom - vegan_tab (GB), did the wipe data/cache and tried again. This time something went ever more wrong as now it would not boot and when I treid to enter the CWM I got a message about boot kernel where the screen remained for a long time... I guess if I hadn't bricked it last night now it was... but I found a link on slatedroid about using NVFLASH and was able to get that running. I ran the NVFLASH got things working again in stock mode and decided to try my luck again. I visited the gtab dummies site as well as other threads here and thought I had made sure to follow every step to a tee. Unfortunately after doing the NVFLASH with the CWM included I did the wipe of data/cache and then followed the directions to install the new rom. This time I tried the CM7 and again I ended up with the same issue where I wipe, flash, reboot and then hang at the VS birds. Can anyone tell me what I am missing here... it seemed like such a simple process... maybe I am just getting to old for all this fancy technology.

Thanks in advance for any help or information provided,
Mr.Confused

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

Hopefully this is the proper place for this. I have a Viewsonic G Tablet which I tried to root and install a new rom last night. I was following the directions on a website (can not recall which one now - it's all a blur atm)and thought I was on my way to modded bliss. I ended up with what I believe was some version of CWM installed - 5504 maybe, it used the touch screen as opposed to the volume control & power button. In any event, all seemed well at that point. My next step was that I put the Recovery & update files on the external SD card and then tried to flash it onto the tab. I did the delete data & the delete cache and was thinking to myself "what have I been so afraid of" and that is where things apparently went horribly wrong. After the flash I rebooted per the instructions and the tablet got stuck on the viewsonic birds screen. After multiple attempts to make things work I figured I had screwed the pooch and bricked the thing. This morning I decided that there must be a way to make it right so I began reading more & more sites. I then downloaded a different rom - vegan_tab (GB), did the wipe data/cache and tried again. This time something went ever more wrong as now it would not boot and when I treid to enter the CWM I got a message about boot kernel where the screen remained for a long time... I guess if I hadn't bricked it last night now it was... but I found a link on slatedroid about using NVFLASH and was able to get that running. I ran the NVFLASH got things working again in stock mode and decided to try my luck again. I visited the gtab dummies site as well as other threads here and thought I had made sure to follow every step to a tee. Unfortunately after doing the NVFLASH with the CWM included I did the wipe of data/cache and then followed the directions to install the new rom. This time I tried the CM7 and again I ended up with the same issue where I wipe, flash, reboot and then hang at the VS birds. Can anyone tell me what I am missing here... it seemed like such a simple process... maybe I am just getting to old for all this fancy technology.

Thanks in advance for any help or information provided,
Mr.Confused
I had the same issue recently. The problem is CM7 doesn't like the 1.2 bootloader or the newer versions of CWM
I'm guessing you got your stock flashes from http://viewsonic-gtablet-for-dummies.webs.com/nvflash.htm
These are roebeet's images repacked with the all the included nvflash files. Use the "NVFlash to Stock with CWM 3028 pre-installed" 1.1 branch version at that link and CM7 will install fine

·
Registered
1 Posts
OK, I was able to Recover my G tablet using your guide, but if it reboots or I turn off the device, it is DEAD again!?!?! I can only do this with the Charger running! When it is running, my little red charging led never goes green, even if the battery status says 100% charged

So Confused!!

Any Ideas?

Thanks in advance
RABowhall

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello to every body

I delete de table partition of the block device on acer iconia tab a200 16Gb.

I need to create it again or make other one to boot linux native or android only.

I have the file that generate the nandroid backup from clackworkmod recovery.

I do not from that file wich is my cpu id or/and how to use nvflash.

/***********/

Starting recovery on Thu Jan 3 19:14:35 2013
can't open /dev/tty0: No such file or directory
framebuffer: fd 3 (1280 x 800)
recovery filesystem table
=========================
0 /tmp ramdisk (null) (null) 0
1 /system ext4 /dev/block/mmcblk0p3 (null) 0
2 /data ext4 /dev/block/mmcblk0p8 (null) -1048576
3 /cache ext4 /dev/block/mmcblk0p4 (null) 0
4 /misc emmc /dev/block/mmcblk0p5 (null) 0
5 /flexrom ext4 /dev/block/mmcblk0p6 (null) 0
6 /sdcard vfat /dev/block/sda1 /dev/block/mmcblk1p1 0
7 /boot emmc /dev/block/mmcblk0p2 (null) 0
8 /aboot emmc /dev/block/mmcblk0p8 (null) 0
9 /recovery emmc /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 (null) 0
10 /flex ext4 /dev/block/mmcblk0p6 (null) 0
11 /mnt/sdcard vfat /dev/block/mmcblk1p1 (null) 0

W:Unable to get recovery.fstab info for /datadata during fstab generation!
W:Unable to get recovery.fstab info for /emmc during fstab generation!
W:Unable to get recovery.fstab info for /sd-ext during fstab generation!
I:Completed outputting fstab.
I:processing arguments.
I:Checking arguments.
I:device_recovery_start()
Command: "/sbin/recovery"

ro.secure=0
ro.allow.mock.location=1
ro.debuggable=1
service.adb.root=1
ro.cwm.prefer_tar=true
persist.sys.usb.config=mtp
persist.service.adb.enable=1
ro.build.id=IML74K
ro.build.display.id=Acer_AV041_A200_1.037.00_PA_CUS1
ro.build.version.incremental=1328534176
ro.build.version.sdk=15
ro.build.version.codename=REL
ro.build.version.release=4.0.3
ro.build.date=Tue Feb 7 21:23:29 CST 2012
ro.build.date.utc=1328621009
ro.build.type=user
ro.build.user=pandora
ro.build.host=pandora03
ro.build.tags=release-keys
ro.build.sku=PA_CUS1
ro.product.model=A200
ro.product.brand=acer
ro.product.name=a200_pa_cus1
ro.product.device=picasso_e
ro.product.board=picasso_e
ro.product.cpu.abi=armeabi-v7a
ro.product.cpu.abi2=armeabi
ro.product.manufacturer=Acer
ro.product.locale.language=en
ro.product.locale.region=US
ro.wifi.channels=
ro.board.platform=tegra
ro.build.product=picasso_e
ro.build.description=a200_pa_cus1-user 4.0.3 IML74K 1328534176 release-keys
ro.build.fingerprint=acer/a200_pa_cus1/picasso_e:4.0.3/IML74K/1328534176:user/release-keys
ro.build.characteristics=tablet
ro.opengles.version=131072
wifi.interface=wlan0
keyguard.no_require_sim=1
ro.dinfo.version=1.0
ro.cpu.vendor=nVidia
ro.cpu.speed=1.0 GHz
ro.cpu.version=T20
ro.sf.lcd_density=160
ro.config.notification_sound=OnTheHunt.ogg
ro.config.alarm_alert=Alarm_Classic.ogg
ro.error.receiver.system.apps=com.acer.android.nidus
acer.sync.adb.mode=ENABLED
ro.setupwizard.mode=DISABLED
dalvik.vm.heapstartsize=5m
dalvik.vm.heapgrowthlimit=48m
dalvik.vm.heapsize=256m
ro.com.google.clientidbase=android-acer
drm.service.enabled=true
ro.product.modelalias=A200
ro.tether.denied=true
ro.com.google.gmsversion=4.0.3_r0
dalvik.vm.dexopt-flags=m=y
net.bt.name=Android
net.change=net.bt.name
dalvik.vm.stack-trace-file=/data/anr/traces.txt
ro.factorytest=0
ro.bootmode=unknown
ro.baseband=unknown
ro.carrier=wifi-only
ro.bootloader=unknown
ro.ram.size=1GB
ro.hardware=picasso_e
ro.revision=0
init.svc.delay=stopped
ro.aceruuid=00000000000000094dbc910bba3
ro.dinfo.radio=Wifi
ro.ec.version=72010500
ro.device.sn=XEH8QPN00420809DD51500
ro.serialno=20804040515
ro.flash.density=16GB
init.svc.adbd=restarting
init.svc.recovery=running
Kernel: A200 Stock Kernel

I:Checking for extendedcommand...
I:Skipping execution of extendedcommand, file not found...
handling a key! 108
handling a key! 108
handling a key! 108
handling a key! 28
handling a key! 108
handling a key! 108
handling a key! 108
handling a key! 108
handling a key! 28
Backup and Restore /data/media: Enabled
handling a key! 108
handling a key! 108
handling a key! 103
handling a key! 103
handling a key! 28
SD Card space free: 450MB
handling a key! 108
handling a key! 28
Backing up boot image...
Backing up recovery image...
Backing up system...
I:Using tar_compress on /system
Backing up data...
I:Using tar_compress on /data
tar: write error: No space left on device
Error making a backup image of /data!
handling a key! 57
handling a key! 57
handling a key! 57
handling a key! 108
handling a key! 108
handling a key! 108
handling a key! 158
handling a key! 108
handling a key! 108
handling a key! 108
handling a key! 28
handling a key! 108
handling a key! 28
handling a key! 158
handling a key! 108
handling a key! 108
handling a key! 108
handling a key! 28
handling a key! 28
SD Card space free: 0MB
handling a key! 108
handling a key! 28
mkdir: can't create directory '/sdcard/clockworkmod/backup/2013-01-03.19.24.16': No space left on device
Backing up boot image...
Error backing up boot image!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Happy Holidays fellas, hope you all are having a great time and relaxing.

I recently resurrected my Gtab to use it solely as a Chromecast devise I would just leave in the lounge for when its needed.

I went though the excellent recovery process described here.

I did find though that I had to do a lot of running around to find all the files I needed. it as a real PITA (No offence to anyone who generously shared links)

Once I fiddled with getting all the software and getting them all in the right folder to get the recovery to work, I compressed the whole folder.

So all the files needed for a complete recovery are in the zip file. once you finish the recovery you can them go to step 2 and choose your rom of choice.

I tried sharing it with Mega but that didnt seem to work, go I will share the archive in onedrive.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=D2D0961620161CB8!20019&authkey=!AGTrhph7C_fgUvk&ithint=file%2crar

please let me know if the link is working or not

·
Registered
82 Posts
Happy Holidays fellas, hope you all are having a great time and relaxing.

I recently resurrected my Gtab to use it solely as a Chromecast devise I would just leave in the lounge for when its needed.

I went though the excellent recovery process described here.

I did find though that I had to do a lot of running around to find all the files I needed. it as a real PITA (No offence to anyone who generously shared links)

Once I fiddled with getting all the software and getting them all in the right folder to get the recovery to work, I compressed the whole folder.

So all the files needed for a complete recovery are in the zip file. once you finish the recovery you can them go to step 2 and choose your rom of choice.

I tried sharing it with Mega but that didnt seem to work, go I will share the archive in onedrive.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=D2D0961620161CB8!20019&authkey=!AGTrhph7C_fgUvk&ithint=file%2crar

please let me know if the link is working or not
Thanks for doing this!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Easy question..I want to restore the stock rom, but it seems that dropbox share is gone....So where can I get all necessary files to restore to tnt stock rom?

I also saw the package ,shared by DrDarkMatter , is complete to accomplish the task?

If so, what is the function of android_tegra_froyo_20100105.msi?

Thanks in advance and Merry Christmas to everyone!

·
Super Moderator
3,227 Posts
Not able to access the OneDrive to download. Please share new path? Greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Hi TonyDTiger,
unfortunately, the moderators did not have any more access to the forums storage system, for that, I suggest that you contact the Administrator directly by PM!
That said, I'm not able to check the needed files are still available or not. Sorry for that!

Cheers.

161 - 175 of 175 Posts