Android Tablets Forum banner
121 - 140 of 175 Posts

·
TeamDRH
981 Posts
I have got a really bad problem, but I am a super noob so I have a few questions to ask,

First of all, my folder, I have 3 folders in my Nvflash folder, one named Nvflash_gtablet, one named USB and one named nvflash1.2.

In the main folder I also have a ton of dll files and nvflash.exe and nvflash_gtablet.bat

Here is the weariest thing,

When I hold down the power button + the (-) key, that should put it into APX mode, but for me, it is just showing a blank screen (like the backlight is on but completely black) for about 2 seconds, and then the tablet screen turns off again. I never see anything on my computer about drivers and under my device manager I never see any APX thing. This is very frustrating.

I have been working at this for 5 hours, all I was trying to do was to go form Cyanogenmod 7 to Honeycomb, but I have seemed to screw up my tablet in the process. I hope it doesn't become a paperweight! Please if anyone knows how to solve this that would be great, thanks.
Ok, so you need to elaborate a little more. So if you do not push power and vol- and just power button it boots into a ROM ok?

·
TeamDRH
981 Posts
Adding on to the other post, I just noticed this: When I plug in my charger, the screen shuts off automatically, and with the charger plugged in, the screen will not turn on at all.
Do you see the little red charge indicator light come on at lower left when charger plugged in?

·
Registered
8 Posts
So I tried to NVFlash my gtab with all the image files and whatnot in a folder called NVFLash with none of them in sub folders. I put my gtab in APX mode and connected it to my computer I then opened terminal and ran lsusb confirmed it was in APX mode, changed to the directory with the image files and the nvflash shell script, ran ./nvflash_gtablet.sh in terminal and it says "Flashing G Tablet With Base Images.... Done!" Now I know this is wrong because its supposed to go through all the processes of loading the images one by one but this is all it does I can't figure it out......HHHEEEEELLLLPPP MMMEEEE!!!!!

·
TeamDRH
981 Posts
So I tried to NVFlash my gtab with all the image files and whatnot in a folder called NVFLash with none of them in sub folders. I put my gtab in APX mode and connected it to my computer I then opened terminal and ran lsusb confirmed it was in APX mode, changed to the directory with the image files and the nvflash shell script, ran ./nvflash_gtablet.sh in terminal and it says "Flashing G Tablet With Base Images.... Done!" Now I know this is wrong because its supposed to go through all the processes of loading the images one by one but this is all it does I can't figure it out......HHHEEEEELLLLPPP MMMEEEE!!!!!
I haven't used my Linux box to flash gTab yet, but roebeet mentions a few key things earlier in this thread. You must be logged in with root. He also mentions that some people have run into permission issue with the USB. You aren't seeing any other error message when running the sh script? I would think you will see something show up other than 'done'.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I haven't used my Linux box to flash gTab yet, but roebeet mentions a few key things earlier in this thread. You must be logged in with root. He also mentions that some people have run into permission issue with the USB. You aren't seeing any other error message when running the sh script? I would think you will see something show up other than 'done'.
Thanks for the reply. I havn't recieved any error messages when I execute the command and I did try to use "su" but not from the very start I'll try that first and see if that works

·
TeamDRH
981 Posts
No joy I would Apreciate any other input
Too bad roebeet isn't on the forum right now. I know he uses Ubuntu on regular basis. Maybe someone else who uses Linux to flash can chime in. Sorry I can't be of more help right now. I'm not as handy with Linux as I am with Windows.

The only other thing that comes to mind is maybe double check permissions on the files in the NVFlash folder. And you are logged in with root account right?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thank you for trying at least, I didn't log in with a root account because I never needed it before when I NVFlashed I just use "su" witch gives me root privleges.......oh well i'll keep playing with it if not i'll snip a wire inside somewhere and return it to sears.

·
TeamDRH
981 Posts
I tried it on my wifes computer with windows 7 and it worked. My computer has linux mint and I can not figure out why it wouldnt work if I do ill post a fix.
Sweet. Yes, post if you can what the fix was for your flavor of Linux.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi roebeet,

Thank you for your helpful post.
I am looking the zip file gtab.nvflash.1.2.branch.20110617.zip.
I had tried over 10+ times to download but IT STOCKED at 9.9 MB everytime.
Is it possible you can tell me where I can download the file ?

Thank you

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

I have a big problem. I followed your instructions and everything went fine. But now, when i shut down the Gtab, it won't come back up. The only way that I can get it to boot up is to run the whole NVFlash process over again. Any ideas why this may be happening? Thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi people. I've been trying for the past 3 hrs to nflash my tablet with so success. I only manage to bootloop with no end. I've nflashed before with no problems but now this does not seem to work. Any help is appreciated.

·
TeamDRH
981 Posts
Hi,

I have a big problem. I followed your instructions and everything went fine. But now, when i shut down the Gtab, it won't come back up. The only way that I can get it to boot up is to run the whole NVFlash process over again. Any ideas why this may be happening? Thanks.
Hi, can you explain a bit more what you mean by "won't come back up"? Where is it failing? Need a better description.

·
TeamDRH
981 Posts
Hi people. I've been trying for the past 3 hrs to nflash my tablet with so success. I only manage to bootloop with no end. I've nflashed before with no problems but now this does not seem to work. Any help is appreciated.
Hi, at what point do you get the boot loop? Recovery? ROM bootup screen?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi All,

I'm new here, so please bear with me. I have read many, many, MANY posts around the differences between bootloaders and flashing ROMs...what to do and what not to do.

I currently have two gtablets, both from Woot on different days. The first of these came preloaded with TnT 1.1-3588 and I was able to easily flash CM7 (wanted Netflix to work) to this device. The second tablet came with TnT 1.2-4349 and it was much more challenging. After getting it into constant APX mode on reboots I was finally able to recover it using a set of instructions located on another site...not sure if I can post the link here. This particular set of instructions leaves me with a bootable Mountain Laurel ROM with supplement.

So, my question is whether I can use the instructions in this thread to downgrade to the 1.1 bootloader from Mountain Laurel. After going through APX hell, I want to be certain that I am not going to put myself back into a mad scramble to recover, so any guidance is very much appreciated.

UPDATE 8/4/2011: No longer on Mountain Laurel. I have loaded Flashback 7.0 HC on this tablet now. The other tablet with the 1.1 bootloader is currently on GtabComb 3.3 ROM. The honeycomb ROMs are really fast on the gtablet compared to other ROMs I have tried. Despite the few lingering issues with HC based ROMs, I don't think I will be going back to Froyo or Gingerbread unless I decide to flash one of the tablets back to factory to sell...not gonna happen!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,

Sounds like your tablet is stuck in APX mode. I just finished battling this myself. If it appears not to turn on after a full shutdown, but you can reflash it to get it going then this is where you likely are now. I went around and around using many threads from SlateDroid and other sites. Those that I feel were most useful were:

goodintentions site is very well organized and I would suggest starting there even though the various steps did not solve my problem. The second list item above finally got me out of APX land.

Be prepared to sit for a while since you should read and understand all of the directions VERY CAREFULLY BEFORE STARTING!

By the way, in the second post, I could not get adb commands to work on my Windows system (kept getting device not found error), but you should be able to USB tether and just copy the files listed to the gtablet. Make sure you drop them in the root directory as listed in Windows Explorer which will be in the /SDCARD folder on the gtablet. That was the only variation that I made from the original instructions.

Good luck!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was having this problem also in Ubuntu 64-bit. I had to install the 32-bit c++ lib.
sudo apt-get install lib32stdc++6
It works fine now.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Question:

What if during the NVFlash Process the USB cable accidentally comes free?
Has this happened to anyone during this process?

If so what measures did you take to correct and restart the process..

What happened with me was as I started the NVFlash Process, which I'm no stranger to and have done many low level operations (APX, ADB) before.
But this time I went to set down my G Tablet and accidently snagged it, The Usb Cord came free just as the process began!
Now I'm not getting any responses I should when attempting to connect.
I even went into the Plannar, pulled the battery connection..
I even pushed the Little white Button..

Note: As required I did searches on here and couldn't come up with anyone else this happened to.
If it did and I missed it then I just plain suck!..

help??... or toss?

EDIT: Please disregard, By some small miracle, USB on my PC recognized APX request with some crazy combination of pressing Pwr/-Vol after trying yet again shortly after my pre-edit post!
Its currently on Bootloop but I know I can work with that at the Very Least!
I LOVE THIS G-TABLET!!

121 - 140 of 175 Posts