Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
Here you can find instructions to flash CWM recovery on Window N70 tablets (it should work on any RK3066 device, you just have to replace the "parameters" file with the one from your current rom).
I've chosen version 5.5.0.4 because it is the most stable version and with the latest submitted patches for nandroid backups it's lightning fast!

Instructions

* Unrar the archive.
* Launch "RKAndroidTool.exe".
* Turn off the tablet and connect it to the PC while keeping pressed VOL+ button. If you have drivers installed it will be recognized by RK Android Tool, otherwise you'll have to install drivers from "drivers" subfolder.
* Push "Flash rom" button and wait. When it finishes it will automatically reboot to CWM recovery.
* You can use volume rocker to move up/down and power button to confirm.
* Try to do a backup to test it. If you don't have an external MicroSD be sure you choose the option to backup to the internal storage.
* When you have finished you can hit "Reboot system now".

NOTE: the included "parameters" file inside "rom" folder is the one used in my roms and in official N70 "ZZ" firmwares. If you are unsure (or you're using a different RK3066 device) you have to unpack your rom to extract its "parameter" file and replace it to the one provided.

TIP: if you are bored of the many steps to confirm a selection inside CWM's menu you can create a file called ".one_confirm" inside "/sdcard/clockworkmod" folder with a file manager.

Downloads (Official Thread)

* CWM 5.5.0.4 (2012-08-17 build)

·
Registered
97 Posts
Here you can find instructions to flash CWM recovery on Window N70 tablets (it should work on any RK3066 device, you just have to replace the "parameters" file with the one from your current rom).
I've chosen version 5.5.0.4 because it is the most stable version and with the latest submitted patches for nandroid backups it's lightning fast!

Instructions

* Unrar the archive.
* Launch "RKAndroidTool.exe".
* Turn off the tablet and connect it to the PC while keeping pressed VOL+ button. If you have drivers installed it will be recognized by RK Android Tool, otherwise you'll have to install drivers from "drivers" subfolder.
* Push "Flash rom" button and wait. When it finishes it will automatically reboot to CWM recovery.
* You can use volume rocker to move up/down and power button to confirm.
* Try to do a backup to test it. If you don't have an external MicroSD be sure you choose the option to backup to the internal storage.
* When you have finished you can hit "Reboot system now".

NOTE: the included "parameters" file inside "rom" folder is the one used in my roms and in official N70 "ZZ" firmwares. If you are unsure (or you're using a different RK3066 device) you have to unpack your rom to extract its "parameter" file and replace it to the one provided.

TIP: if you are bored of the many steps to confirm a selection inside CWM's menu you can create a file called ".one_confirm" inside "/sdcard/clockworkmod" folder with a file manager.

Downloads (Official Thread)

Hi Christian,

Thanks for your work.
Can you also make a universal CWM for AMLogic AML8726-MX?

Regards

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi Christian,

Can't seems to be able to download

It seems to link back to dragondev and require login to that forum.

Possible to just download direct from slatedroid.

Thanks

·
Registered
118 Posts
I had the same problem with N70S, there are NO instructions on "unpacking the rom, and extracting the parameters file". So if you can do that it should work, but the CWM download is for the N70, and does not work on the N70S because of the differences in the parameters file, I'm sure that includes the screen drivers. I had to use RKbatchtool to recover the factory rom.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi to every body.
I am writing to this forum to ask you great help about my tablet yuandao n70s "zz" with android 4.1
I was trying to install custom rom but something went wrong during flashing and now tablet doesn't boot anymore (no chinese logo anymore, nothing!)
Can you help me to make a corret boot from micro sd card and repair, this can be done? My pc(win xp) doesn't recognize the tablet anymore (only 2 not formatted empty removable drive ).
Can you help me? Thank you very very very much.
Greating

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hi to every body.
I am writing to this forum to ask you great help about my tablet yuandao n70s "zz" with android 4.1
I was trying to install custom rom but something went wrong during flashing and now tablet doesn't boot anymore (no chinese logo anymore, nothing!)
Can you help me to make a corret boot from micro sd card and repair, this can be done? My pc(win xp) doesn't recognize the tablet anymore (only 2 not formatted empty removable drive ).
Can you help me? Thank you very very very much.
Greating
We have discussed this in detail here. http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/38521-window-n70-rk3066-romslinks/ You will need to download an "image" file of the stock rom and follow the direction in the first post for stock rom recovery. Later in the post there are other links and trouble shooting posts. I will look for your further posts there. Basically, the N70S does not accept custom roms for the N70 without additional modification.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hi Christian Troy or someone.
I have N70S
I use this script, when startup tablet, is looping in CWM anytime.

Please help me to solve it
Or someone put the original recovery.img file

Please help sir
Regards

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hi Christian Troy or someone.
I have N70S
I use this script, when startup tablet, is looping in CWM anytime.

Please help me to solve it
Or someone put the original recovery.img file

Please help sir
Regards
I never got CWM to work properly on my N70S, I went back to the newest stock rom. So I will follow the progress here.
I had posted the factory firmware image file, but now my dropbox is shutdown. I don't know another place to upload it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same problem with N70S, there are NO instructions on "unpacking the rom, and extracting the parameters file". So if you can do that it should work, but the CWM download is for the N70, and does not work on the N70S because of the differences in the parameters file, I'm sure that includes the screen drivers. I had to use RKbatchtool to recover the factory rom.
Hi!

I hava an Easypix Monstertab Red Ninja, with these mainboard. I'm trying to flash recovery, but after that the screen is black, and i can't do anything with the tablet. How can I recovery the factory rom? Can you help me?

thx

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does anyone have a copy of this as all links to the custom CWM seem to be down, I'm trying to install CWM onto an rk3066 N83 so I can install cronmod to it but can't seem to find a working link!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.