Android Tablets Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Can you just install over the top of the newer update with the older one?
Also after trying many roms I still had a lot of stuff from older roms and the apk install files that needed extra down load were still on the pad
if I did a complete wipe and re done the gtacomb 3.3 would it in prove anything other than space ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi, Please help put CWM V 4.0.1.4 as described in beginners guide it work once but now the pad wont load it stops on the Hannspad logo. I have made a back up but my pc wont recognize it because it wont load. Holding the + sign down does nothing.

steve

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi, Please help put CWM V 4.0.1.4 as described in beginners guide it work once but now the pad wont load it stops on the Hannspad logo. I have made a back up but my pc wont recognize it because it wont load. Holding the + sign down does nothing.

steve
I'm afraid you're in for a bit of a steep learning curve. you will have to follow the disaster recovery guide. I can't recommended anyone uses this version of cwm. it caused 2 similar crashes on my Hannspad. First time I thought it was my fault, second time I realised something isn't quite right with it.

follow this link to restore.

thebigman

·
Registered
2 Posts
Your choice really, there's no "best" recovery manager one way or the other - the 2.5.1.1 is just normal CWM, 4.0.1.4 is Paul's version - he just never realised there was a CWM build already working despite me tweeting a link to him

Edit: if it helps, on a day to day basis of tinkering I use the 2.5.1.1 version and haven't had any issues - that's the main reason I'm not using the modaco one tbh
Thank you,
now I understand the versions and will use further 2.5.1.1
Regards

·
Registered
44 Posts
A quick story from Brickville, my favourite place in the whole world

So, I decided to buy my girlfriend a Hannspad for her birthday. I'm a big fan. I have one myself, and she loves it. She can't her hands off it sometimes. She literally grabs it away from me and she had really got her hopes up about getting one off eBay but she was outbid in the last few secs.

Anyway, I buy one myself off eBay in good condition and all that. So I got it home and to my surprise it was already CWM'd. Not too worried but I noticed it was a different version to that on mine, 4.x with a jumping guy in the background. I didn't think much of it, flashed a few ROMs, had a play and left it alone. Came to switch it back on, poof. It's dead. Couldn't get anything, couldn't even get the recovery boot. I have flashed ROM after ROM on mine and never bricked it, so considering I'd put one or two on this one, I was pretty confused. Anyway, with nowhere to turn, I tried to find the disaster guide on here. Unfortunately, they've all been merged into one monolithic pile of shit. So navigating was literally impossible, so I was on my own. I grabbed my own partitions that I'd got a while back and threw them in the NVflash folder. Really, the last roll of the dice here people. I flashed and prayed. Only to realise I'd ballsed up the config file. Now I wasn't even getting the green Hannspree logo. I was getting black screen after black screen. I corrected the cfg and hoped that it would give me a break. Please let me be
I start the flashing process again. It takes much longer than before to start, but once going I simply prayed. Once finished, I reset into a very familiar looking 2.x.

Hannspad recovered. StockRooted installed. Winner!

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.