Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Warning: My pad was somehow soft bricked after a while of using this.
I advise you stick to Roebeet's more stable version
http://blair.be/hannspad/recovery.rar

--------------------------------------------

Paul from Modaco is developing a Hannspad specific CWM.
Grab the latest version here!

Internal SD version
http://www.mediafire.com/?mv8ghr730o0s6bs

To install...

• copy the donwloaded file to /sdcard renamed to 'update.zip'
  • turn off your device
  • turn on your device with volume-up held - stock recovery will boot
  • use the menu button to apply the update zip
All credit to paul @ MoDaCo

Also check out Alpha's recovery
http://blair.be/hannspad/recovery.rar

What is ClockWorkMod?
ClockworkMod - also known as Clockwork and CWM - is a custom recovery for Android phones and tablets that allows you to perform several advanced recovery, restoration, installation and maintenance operations on your Android device that aren't possible with the stock recovery. In what follows, we will cover all that this recovery is capable of doing, and how to do it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
There are two versions of this
One installs to the tablets internal memory.
The other boots from your SD card.
Correction: One version is for installation from internal memory, the other is for installation from SD card. You put the update.zip file on the root of internal memory/SD card and the boot into stock recovery to install CWM.

CWM is always installed in the recovery partition which is located in NAND.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Just an aside, you might want to include a direct download link + a link to the modaco forums. (edit: as in the READ BEFORE POSTING topic)

If this post stays here too you might want to include newbie friendly instructions for how to install it

Feel free to link to the non-modaco one as well if you like.

·
Registered
10 Posts
thanks everyone involved in modding the hannspad

i followed alpha232's guide and it worked perfectly for a while, then i got the tap n tap logo on a loop.

tried your script and it gets stuck after the reboot, the debug message is never shown and the device now is offline.
the recovery menu has changed though.

what can i do?

thanks

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sorry i replied to the wrong thread.
how do you get the zip onto the pad?
Just put the update.zip onto your SD card
Either via a USB cable from the PC
Or by using a Micro SD card reader

Make sure you put the update file onto the SD cards root directory (meaning not into any folders)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Doing everything I should to install CWM - but always getting message:

Finding update package...
Opening update package...
E:Can't open /sdcard2/update.zip
(No such file or directory)
Installation aborted.

Any ideas? tried with both Alpha232's file and Modaco's.

PS, finally worked by downloading the Modaco version directly to the Hannspad, and taking it from there.

(tried to delete whole post, but not allowed)

·
Registered
8 Posts
If you downloaded the update to your SD card you can't view that card in clockwork. You only see the internal SD card storage.

Ive grabbed the update and will give it a whirl later today.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just put the update.zip onto your SD card
Either via a USB cable from the PC
Or by using a Micro SD card reader

Make sure you put the update file onto the SD cards root directory (meaning not into any folders)
hi

newbie i have a hannspree SN10T1 got it to clckworkmod but can,t do a recovery the home button not working plesase can u help

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi

can anyone help, I though it would be better for me to apply the external SD version
I have a backup of my pad though CWM
But trying to install hanstitan I keep getting E: Cant Mount /sdcard/update.zip
If I try and mount USB storage i get Unable to write to ums lunfile ( No such file or Directory )

Whats gone wrong ?
I cant apply any update.zip from internal or external
The device still boots and works but without the market its prity limited !

·
Registered
17 Posts
For anyone who gets a similar issues would most likey occur when using the external Clockworkmod
This will default to the external SD card for the update.zip

The 2gb micro card I was using appears to have been the fault, changed to a 1GB and the update applied fine

·
Registered
34 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Can someone just confirm that we should still be using 2.5.1.1-bekit-0.8 (red link in OP warning) over this v4.0.1.4? Some more recent beginner how-to instructions found on this forum are recommending using v4, yet this one warns not to. Kinda confusing. And the OP has not been updated for some time. I just want to confirm the warning still stands.

Just curious, what does this "Hannspad specific" CWM do that the modaco original doesn't?

·
Registered
307 Posts
Your choice really, there's no "best" recovery manager one way or the other - the 2.5.1.1 is just normal CWM, 4.0.1.4 is Paul's version - he just never realised there was a CWM build already working despite me tweeting a link to him

Edit: if it helps, on a day to day basis of tinkering I use the 2.5.1.1 version and haven't had any issues - that's the main reason I'm not using the modaco one tbh

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.