Android Tablets Forum banner
41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
I bought two sets, one for the Acer Aconia (I thought given the case seems for one seems to be very popular, maybe the screen protector would be fine). I found it would need trimming - too wide.

I also bought some for Motorola Xoom - these fit OK - pretty good vertically, not quite wide enough (by that I mean to cover all the screen including the black border). There's a small hole at the top, presumably for a camera - but that is only over the black bit, anyways.

I skewed the protector to mostly cover the soft buttons on the right hand side, the protector still covers all the active part of the screen, and I haven't noticed any difference in responsiveness.
Right so it seems its down to the Acer or the Xoom

Might go for this then

·
Registered
147 Posts
The ones I got for the Acer would need trimming, the ones for the Xoom wouldn't - and were a better fit. Out of those 2 choices, go for ones for the Xoom.

The Xoom ones would be perfect, but for a small portion of the black border on the left of the screen that's not covered (Hannspad in landscape orientation, screen protector skewed a bit to the right to cover the capacitive buttons).
Thank you and the screen is still nice and smooth to use and responsive as it was before ?

I am looking at these on ebay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/170648189943?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

·
Registered
76 Posts
I went for the ipad one from poundland. It covers all the active screen and capacitive buttons fine but was a nightmare trying to stick it down without bubbles. Anyone manages to apply ANY of the screen protectors without bubbles?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Have to say, haven't noticed any difference in responsiveness - that said, the Hannspad isn't the last word in a responsive touchscreen - but it doesn't appear to have made it any worse - or made any difference, for that matter.

If you get them, could you post back to the thread with your feedback on them - especially how they fit? (they don't look to be the same as the Motorola Xoom ones I bought - mine just have a circular cut-out for the camera in the middle of the top).
OK first they came today
which was amazingly quick...... so cannot fault the seller on ebay

BUT........

They were a nightmare to try and put on. They attracted the tiniest particle of dust when applying which stuck to the sticky side

The bubbles were horrendous, I am no stranger to applying this kind of thing having applied many to DS consoles etc but these were a whole different ball game

I think the plastic was to thick making the bubble problem worse than it should have been and once it all went wrong they were VERY hard to remove.

I reckon I might leave the Hannspad as it is as the screen if pretty tough.... well until I find something proper.

*UPDATE* I tried to apply again this time I did it the old way like I used to apply car graphics I first putting water on the screen then used a stiff card to squeeze the water (and bubbles) out. It seems to have worked fairly well but there are a few small bubbles at the edge and ONE particle of dirt on the screen
but I will leave it there for now.

They don't fit properly and when fitting tho the right edge leave a gap on the left (about quarter of an inch or less) but the height is pretty good and screen responsiveness seems unaffected so far

·
Registered
147 Posts
My screen protector has started to come off (Kids
) so looking to replace, the one I got last time was OK but just wondering what other people are using

Any recommendations with links please

41 - 49 of 49 Posts