Android Tablets Forum banner
21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
I bought some cheap ebay ones but havent fitted them yet as i havent got my hannspad yet. But i think i will go for the one from carphone warehouse, yeah its expensive but it will protect the whole face and look better than just a protector over the touchscreen.

Also noticed the Zagg protectors are much easier to apply and you wet it, then put it on the pad, line it all up, push air bubbles out then let it dry so no more of spending ages lining it all up.

http://techgeeks-online.com/2010/zagg-invisible-shield-install/

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have ordered a screen protector form ZAGG, directly off their website. Postage to The Netherlands $3,40! that is even cheaper than what they would charge me here locally.

05-10-2011 The ZAGG protector arrived when I was at work (offshore) so that's why I came with my review just now.

Pros: The screen is well protected with a rubbery foil.
No more fingerprints/smears all over the screen.

Cons: The surface is not really smooth.
The screen surface looks a bit like the surface of an orange, or a poor spray paint job on a car, bubbly but you can't feel it...very visible from an angle.
Not really a good fit for the money. Visable screen completely covered, but the black edges miss about 2-3mm.
Still very shiny, if you're looking for a non-glare screen protector: this is not the one!

·
Registered
8 Posts
A bit more expensive but I've gone for these:-

Anti Glare Screen Protectors

They are for the Advent Vega so may need trimming.Exim screen protectors seem to get good reviews and the anti-glare aspect appealed to me.

Al G.

[EDIT] Now they have arrived I can report:-

• they did need trimming
  • they have a (small) hole for the Vega camera which ends up over the black surround so isn't too bad
  • they have very good anti-glare properties
  • they stop fingerprints spoiling the screen
  • seem to have no effect on the screen response
If anyone can suggest a tablet, for which Exim produce the same protector, which is a better fit than the Vega (preferably without the camera hole) then these are recommended.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Thanks for the links and recommendations all, I'll be getting a screen protector and a case soon. Don't want to scratch my shiny new pad!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I brought one of these - Fleabay link
Very disapointed. Didn't fit the Hannspad at all. 10mm too wide and you have to put the pad in upside down to use the stand as shown - then the buttons are covered and you cannot plug the charger in.
Thinking of getting one of these next - Fleabay linky

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have never used a screen protector but did buy a cheap case cover to prevent scratches etc. Now I have rooted my hannspad and have a much nicer looking desktop I have decided to get the protectors x3 from hongkong listed earlier. The problem with all these screen protectors though is getting rid of all the damn bubbles....look me lots of protectors to eventually get an almost bubble free screen on my HTC desire.

If anyone knows a foolprrof way to get the protectors on without bubbles all over the place do share.....

Thanks.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I have been looking at a case and protector, so ordered this, which should arrive tomorrow and will let you know how I get on with the protector.

http://tinyurl.com/6amwhmz

I shall get the steam iron out to generate a little steam or get the other half to invite her friends round for a chat and ensure saturation :)

·
Registered
143 Posts
Well it all arrived.

The pad fits the case nicely and the stand works too, although you have to fiddle just a little to make sure that the flap is firmly in the notch to ensure that it will stay rigid whilst using it.

The screen protector is good too. Not a perfect fit but more than covers the essential areas.

The protector has two rip offs. The first which exposes the sticky side, which you then apply, rub out the inevitable bubbles (plastic card supplied but better off with a credit card) and then one on the other side which you rip off when the protector is in place and as you want it.

Also comes with 2 different sizes of microfibre cloth for what it's worth, a stylus pen.

All in all, very happy for purchase price and first class delivery, which took only two days.

My only advise is not to let the case sit in the sun. Anybody that remembers the kind of material that was used in 70's mock leather cars seats will know what I mean by the smell that it gives off when exposed to warm/hot sun.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Well it all arrived.

The pad fits the case nicely and the stand works too, although you have to fiddle just a little to make sure that the flap is firmly in the notch to ensure that it will stay rigid whilst using it.

The screen protector is good too. Not a perfect fit but more than covers the essential areas.

The protector has two rip offs. The first which exposes the sticky side, which you then apply, rub out the inevitable bubbles (plastic card supplied but better off with a credit card) and then one on the other side which you rip off when the protector is in place and as you want it.

Also comes with 2 different sizes of microfibre cloth for what it's worth, a stylus pen.

All in all, very happy for purchase price and first class delivery, which took only two days.

My only advise is not to let the case sit in the sun. Anybody that remembers the kind of material that was used in 70's mock leather cars seats will know what I mean by the smell that it gives off when exposed to warm/hot sun.
I got this deal http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/320772065638?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649#ht_7216wt_1059
from the same seller you got yours.
The flip case fits okay,but it makes it a bit bulky.
I tried the pen,did't work,didn't like threw it away.Also managed to mess the screen films so I've got to order new ones

Nonetheless it's very classy for carrying it around.
Here's some pics I got from mine - apologies for the quality
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/404/camerazoom2011110415510.jpg/

Attachments

·
Registered
143 Posts
I nearly went for that case but went for the one with the straps at each corner.

Does the case fit fully into the neoprene sleeve?

It looked too much like the one you can get at Poundland, which doesn't fit.

I particularly liked the screen protector as any small remaining bubbles that were there disappeared overnight.

Never tried the pen as it's not much use anyway IMO.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Does the case fit fully into the neoprene sleeve?
The answer is yes,however the pad itself (without the leather case) into the neoprene is a bit wobbly...
The little plastic hinges of the leather case do seem to hold the pad firmly,however I believe they'll loosen up a bit if you fit-unfit the tablet.
Anyways,to be honest I only make use of the cases whenever I'm taking the pad out of the house - for indoor activities I prefer it bare!

·
Registered
143 Posts
I ended up buying a great little sleeve that Tesco are selling as part of it's back to school clearout for £2, that fits the pad and case perfectly.

21 - 40 of 49 Posts