Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
This one is branded as an irobot. It has two speakers mounted along the top edge. It's still kind of quiet though. The charging led is red. Has an aluminum body. Seems to run ok, faster then the 7-24 modded PDN. Gonna try out some firmware upgrades to get rid of the rest of the chinese and hopefully speed it up.Specs:Android 1.5CPU: ARM926EJ-S rev 5Screen: 800x400 Thanks,Kel

·
Registered
26 Posts
I got the same model last week. I have to say, I am very impressed with the build quality (much better than I expected). I thought the wifi would be terrible, but I can use it up to three floors away from by router! Overall I am extremely happy. Only thing that disappointed me was the viewing angles - they are extremely narrow on mine (weird, because I thought I saw a review where they said the viewing angles where quite good on this model...) I am using Rogerbaun's Hybrid 5.1 (which is working well) and am really looking forward to his release of 6.0.

·
Registered
4 Posts
This sounds like the pad I received. Are yours 9 volt chargers? Mine is 9 volts and connects to computer via the USB nearest headphone socket. I am confused about which custom firmware to use

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey this one has the 5 V charger too. The reason why it is quiet is only one speaker is installed. I opened it up. Pretty simple inside, makes me wonder if we could solder in some bigger RAM chips for a nice upgrade. Maybe a bigger capacity battery (with slightly higher voltage) as well. sent from my Rockchip APAD running 5.2 Hybrid using Tapatalk Pro.

·
Registered
58 Posts
[quote name='k3l;59968]Hey this one has the 5 V charger too. The reason why it is quiet is only one speaker is installed. I opened it up. Pretty simple inside' date=' makes me wonder if we could solder in some bigger RAM chips for a nice upgrade. Maybe a bigger capacity battery (with slightly higher voltage) as well. sent from my Rockchip APAD running 5.2 Hybrid using Tapatalk Pro. [IMG]http://www.slatedroid.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smiley.gif[/IMG][/QUOTE'] Bigger capacity battery - yes, you can do that, but not the RAM, 'coz RK2808 supports only up to 128Mb, but can solder some digger NAND (internal flash) if have some compatible flash-memory, f.e. from some pendrive...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts