Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
I put this on mine yesterday , a massive improvement , very stable , battery seems to last longer and it has the 300mb space for apps , not that youll ever need that much , there is not much that runs on 1.5 anymore plus the apad has no 3d graphics chip so games are out of the question. I use mine as an ebbok reader mostly, on this firmware you dont get the home screen rotate, to be honest that slowed the hell out of mine when I used the custom rom, plus the home key is not bound to back in this rom , not really a major problem but i did like it in the rom from tabletstoreuk site , but the rom rom there was not very stable and seemed to crash every half an hour .overall Id say go with the rom from hiapad if you have a batch 3 apad , it works and its all in english , theres hardly any apps built into it so its a quick flash to test it out . I have been using it since yesterday and all is good so far .

·
Registered
18 Posts
Can I flash mine with the new batch 3 0806? I have the red light with metal casing 7″ with Android 1.5Model number:sdkdemoFirmware version:1.5Kernel version:2.6.25 rockchip version 1.2.7(ruiguan)Build number:RK-1.3.2.eng.root.20100512.140303By the way, anyone what is the voltage for this version?

·
Registered
42 Posts
[quote name='dstme;39259]Can I flash mine with the new batch 3 0806? I have the red light with metal casing 7″ with Android 1.5Model [URL=number:sdkdemoFirmware]number:sdkdemoFirmware[/URL] [URL=version:1.5Kernel]version:1.5Kernel[/URL] [URL=version:2.6.25]version:2.6.25[/URL] rockchip version 1.2.7(ruiguan)Build [URL=number:RK-1.3.2.eng.root.20100512.140303By]number:RK-1.3.2.eng.root.20100512.140303By[/URL] the way' date=' anyone what is the voltage for this version?[/QUOTE'] Dont flash it, this is not an apad batch 3, if you flash maybe brick, but its up to you my friend............................

·
Registered
34 Posts
been using the rom from HIAPAD for batch 3 for a few days now and it decided not to switch on , (stuck at android boot screen)prior to that it was working great , I had to reflash it again , wich is a pain in the ass to be honest as I had it set up really nice , it eats battery even when the screen is off and the wifi is off, but if I use it as an ereader with fbreader with 50% brightness it lasts over 4 hours wich is more than enough , I have learnt that widgets , no matter if the use the net or not are not a good idea , I have taken them all off apart from a task killer , brightness, wifi on and off .

·
Registered
850 Posts
Earlier today i flahsed the Batch 3 firmware to my Batch 2 apad ^^After a long time it arived at the calibration screen where it became obvious that i can not use the touchscreen or a USB mouse.Flashed back to a standard firmware without a hitch

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.