Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are times I would rather reboot the Novel rather than going through an entire "Power Off" cycle. I noticed, before I uninstalled it, that Launchpro had this shortcut and I'd like to duplicate it. And I know that using ADB you can reboot the device. Is it possible to create a Reboot shortcut with Panda Home? I have Any-Cut installed and was thinking I could create my own shortcut but I'm not sure how to do that.

·
Registered
846 Posts
[quote name='fatbastard;49155]DO either of these allow for a shutdown?[/QUOTE] Here is an app that supposedly shuts phone down.. haven't tried it so' date=' if you try it, let us know how it does..[URL=http://www.androidzoom.com/android_applications/tools/power-off_uky.html']Power Off for Android[/URL]

·
Registered
97 Posts
I searched for several hours trying to find a softkey shutdown app.... i.e. put the device to sleep. I was unable to find any. There are a number of them that allow you to power off or reboot. Boot control is my favorite. In my merry wanders I found several references that one of the Android app "rules" is they refused to let a program perform a shutdown. Supposedly this is because it's a phone and could be misused. But I'm not sure if this is true..Except for the fact that I could find no program to perform a softkey shutdown.. And why allow a poweroff but not a shutdown ?

·
Premium Member
2,338 Posts
On roebeet's 8/12 FW mod Power Boot would give me a choice of rebooting or powering down (as well as recovery, bootloader & wipe date, which I never tried). It needs root and will only reboot, not turn it off under 8/27. I haven't played around with it yet to see if I can get it to power down again under this mod since I mostly like it just for rebooting.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks, everyone. I installed quick boot as suggested and created the reboot shortcut. I works like a champ. However, if Power Boot ever gets fixed for the 8/27 FW I may change to that because have the shutdown option would also be handy!

·
Registered
338 Posts
The problem with big majority of Android apps is that they, IMO, move to work for Android 2.2 way too fast and breaking backward compatibility any time they see any profit for their app on 2.2 systems. So, whenever you see any upgrade for your Power Boot, 99 per cent chance it's not for your 2.0 system. You might have better luck if you find an EARLIER version of your app.Yes, "soft" reboot and especially shutdown (not "deep sleep") must be standard system utilities of PDN. Together with the best system wide semi-transparent, working from the notification bar, soft button "Home" (I don't need a soft volume slider, as some proposed to have)

·
Registered
11 Posts
[quote name='Mark Adams;49258]On roebeet's 8/12 FW mod Power Boot would give me a choice of rebooting or powering down (as well as recovery' date=' bootloader & wipe date, which I never tried). It needs root and will only reboot, not turn it off under 8/27. I haven't played around with it yet to see if I can get it to power down again under this mod since I mostly like it just for rebooting.[/QUOTE'] Do you know if there is a direct link to the PowerBoot .apk file (peferably version 1.1.1) anywhere on this forum? If not, could you add a link to this app for those of us who don't have Android market access? Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
1. Install Launcher Pro (It does NOT have to be your default Home launcher. It only has to be installed on the system). 2. Add a Shortcut item, select Activities, then select PDReboot. 3. When you click on the PDReboot shortcut, it will open a poorly worded message box with a REBOOT button.(If you click OK or the back button, the message box will simply close without doing anything.)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.