Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,I updated my EKEN M001 to one of the latest firmware updates today,not certain what I might have done that would cause a seemingly endless reboot loop,I get the Android screen when powering on, the load bar at the bottom, then it goes to the flashing Android screen, seems to load up, but the apps tray button on screen appears orange, after clicking on it a couple of times, if there is time to do that, the apps tray will display, but then without warning, the flashing Android screen will appear again, it will reboot.Not enough time for me to try to look to see if there is a stuck app that might be corrupted or crashed,because while trying to click on the app tray, it will reboot again, and again, and again,repeating all that I mentioned above, with no opportunity long enough for me to try to fix anything,or even to explore to see if anything appears out of sort.I am thinking maybe my download was somehow corrupted,I did use 7zip to unzip the download, and I did reformat my SD card to FAT32 prior to install,there was nothing else on the card at the time when installing, just the script folder,which I did watch closely to see if it was loading correctly, and it appeared to do so just fine.My problem seemed to appear at the time when I clicked on the included app which was a video viewer,though it might be just coincidence that the error happened then.I have removed the script folder from the SD card, just as expected prior to initial upgrade,it booted fine and seemed to work well for a short time, then noticed WIFI went missing for a few seconds when trying out the YouTube app set for low quality.YouTube worked fine after that.After trying out that feature, I tried the video player,only to realize I had not loaded any videos onto the card,it was moments after that, when the reboot loop started.I am unable to reinstall at this moment, SD card not being read fast enough to prevent another boot,I have tried running with SD card in, with SD card out, testing SD card for errors and bad sectors in-between,it showed none.I am now running out of ideas about what I should do,as each of my attempts has not worked.I am wondering if hitting the reset button is recommended,or if it will brick my EKEN because it would not be loading up the original firmware.Any help or advise someone who has a greater knowledge than myself might have,would be very appreciated.I have used the utmost care in following the proper steps in everything,but I find myself in great need of help.Thank you for your efforts.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update:I was finally able to get the SD card to load, so I have gone back to the previous version of ECOTOX that I was using.Funny how after all the time I had dedicated to fixing the problem had failed, the very last time I tried for the night, before I went to bed, worked.I guess sometimes it's better to just take a deep breath and step back from things for a while,all went smoothly, unexpectedly, but smoothly, and now my EKEN is back to running well again.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.