Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today my PanD hung badly. I got a white screen of death.... Screen turned white and nothing worked except the on/off switch. This put the PanD in the first stage of start up... Before the white swishy thing at the bottom of the screen... I waited 5 minutes... It never did boot. So I started playing around trying to do the reset to reload the firmware from SD card. Didn't work. Nothing seemed to work. So I started another cycle of restart. Went away for 15 minutes. When I came back the device had started normally.My usual cold boot time is around 90 seconds. So there must have been some kind of automated recovery going on. I really thought I had bricked the thing. I even looked up the nearest BBB store so I could return it.When it recovered. I noticed nothing missing. It seems to behave normally. The Lost.Dir folder had 2 entries. I could not figure out what they were or where they came from. I figure there must be some long running sd card integrity check...like the old DOS days.... checking FAT32 partitions. And it found some corrupted data...No idea what happened or why... Tomorrow I am going to wipe memory and install the 7/24 firmware from scratch.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.