Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to buy this tablet exclusively for ebook reading. I plan to leave wifi off, if you can even do that. So what can I expect for battery life with wifi on or wifi off? Are there any other power saving settings that could be adjusted for maximum battery life? Can the device be held comfortably in one hand for a long duration?

·
Registered
251 Posts
I use mine mainly for reading, by turning wifi off, the backlight down and using black paper/white text I can get 5-6 hours out of it. I have not yet actually run out of power before recharging mind you since I tend to plug it in whenever I can.Your times may vary though as you won't be able to use it with the backlight down in bright light.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I've been using mine mainly for reading the past week and seem to get 3 to 4 hours out of it with no issues. I've never run it down all the way but to about 20% with those times. WiFi off and brightness turned down to about 1/3.

·
Registered
79 Posts
[quote name='mingnon;29762]1/3 brightness' date=' no wifi and ebook reading at night closer to 6. Using during the day with wifi (intermittant) approx 3 to 4[/QUOTE'] Actually, just checked and seems I haven't had the WiFi turned off even though I haven't been using it....DOH!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks! Battery life sounds reasonable. The only other thing I'm worried about is using it in public. How would one react when an owner of a geniune ipad sat next to you at the bookstore or coffee shop while you're using an "apad?" I guess for the price you can't go wrong...

·
Registered
101 Posts
cosmoglow;29811 said:
Thanks! Battery life sounds reasonable. The only other thing I'm worried about is using it in public. How would one react when an owner of a geniune ipad sat next to you at the bookstore or coffee shop while you're using an "apad?" I guess for the price you can't go wrong...
Just smile and say something like: "Mine is open source and at least 4 times cheaper then yours"But seriously, don't compare it to an iPad. It's stupid that some sellers are advertising this aPad as an iPad killer. In my opinion they are incomparable and in a completely different league. Maybe the upcoming devices as the Notion Ink Adam can come close to being an iPad killer but not this 7" aPad on Android 1.5. I really love mine and I mainly bought it to see if I would actually have any use for such a device. Turns out I have and I'll be buying a bigger/better one somewhere later this year. Might even be an iPad but I suspect there's some nice Android Slates coming soon.

·
Registered
880 Posts
he would put his (virtual) mannhood on the table and try to compair its size to yours...you would say 'hey, its an ebok reader for ~100$ and its nice it can play music while i read... can your 450$ tablet do that too?' :pIt is no iPad,i hope no one will ever think it is,it is slow, yes but it can do manythings for a quater of the price.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I've have an Android sticker on my macbook and a bigger than sign " > " on it. As for battery life, I've got the aPad on 4/5ths brightness with WiFi on.I do comic book reading on ACV, surfing on Opera and Engadget and I charge it every 1.5 days.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.