Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a big time manga fan and comic fan as well as a lover of japanese magazines like Egg and Kera. One of the main reasons I want to but the Eken M001 is to be able to read my favorite mangas on the go with Droid Comic Viewer. Does the Droid Comic Viewer or similar comic viewer work on the Eken M001 or would I have to download the manga onto my pc and then put it on my M001 and watch them as slide shows? I still have yet to purchase my unit since I'm waiting on a slow bank transfer and really want to know before I buy it.

· Registered
31 Posts
Yeah, DCV works fine on the Eken m001. I use it all the time. The cbr format is still beta, so you may want to convert your archives off to cbz instead. I have also contacted the developer to add the ability to prevent the device from sleeping while reading, as currently the screen will blank out quite quick and then you need to wait for the archive to open and the screen to be scaled again. He said the fix/function would be in the next update.

· Registered
9 Posts
do you also need to resize the comic books? or does it manage opening CBRs with scanned pages that are large? (1280x2000). I've tried running ACV in emulator, benchmark showed that my emulator is 90% as powerful as Eken M001.Reading large scans - it takes some time (more than 1 second to load each page).When I resized the JPGs to have 800 pixels width (so ACV doesn't need to scale the pages), it was lightning fast. Page loading was occuring on every 4th page and it took less than second. So the emulator with ACV shows that this could be usable comic book reader, albeit with a little converting help on the PC. Luckily I'm a programmer, so I'll make a tool that extracts CBR, resizes pages to fit device screen width and repacks the book as cbz. I'll post it on the forums when it's done.I can't wait to get my hands on the real device, this comic book test was the last confirmation I needed

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.