Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, this is my first post. I just received my apad yesterday ;D and its even nicer then I expected. But for some reason I can't figure out, it it shuts its self off at random. I mean sometimes it will work fine for an hour or two, And other times after a minute or two, without any warning it goes dead. I'm always able to restart it, but it gets anoying when it happens. I'm debating returning/exchanging the unit. I've tried a factory reset, and now I'm wondering if a software update may fix the problem.Other then the stated problem, I'm loving this little device, and don't want to return it or wait another two weeks for an exchange. Is anyone else experancing the same problem, or do I have a defective unit?

·
Registered
52 Posts
[quote author=jcrip link=topic=617.msg5057#msg5057 date=1275668579]Hello all, this is my first post. I just received my apad yesterday ;D and its even nicer then I expected. But for some reason I can't figure out, it it shuts its self off at random. I mean sometimes it will work fine for an hour or two, And other times after a minute or two, without any warning it goes dead. I'm always able to restart it, but it gets anoying when it happens. I'm debating returning/exchanging the unit. I've tried a factory reset, and now I'm wondering if a software update may fix the problem.Other then the stated problem, I'm loving this little device, and don't want to return it or wait another two weeks for an exchange. Is anyone else experancing the same problem, or do I have a defective unit?[/quote]I'd definitely return it. Mine was doing the same thing and now it will not stay on unless its plugged in, which really sucks!! The guy I bought from is no longer a registered user on ebay and Paypal won't refund my money cause I put claim in 4 days past the 45 day limit!!! AAAARRRGGGHHH!!!!!

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have same problem with my apad.In my opinion, it seems hardware problem. Because I can't find any software error on that time.I think there are some bad contact of battery or power line on apad.I have plan to fix this problem in few days.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I had an Archos 7 HT which did this from new. Archos said it is a common problem for the Rockchip device that should be solved with a firmware update. I sent it back anyway as a randomly functioning tablet is basically a useless tablet.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info, I'm going to give it to the end off the weekend. Its been working fine since my last post, one thing I did that seems to help is turning off the g-sensor. Which is a shane, because I find it easier to type in portrait mode.

·
Registered
52 Posts
[quote author=hellomerong link=topic=617.msg5070#msg5070 date=1275670564]I have same problem with my apad.In my opinion, it seems hardware problem. Because I can't find any software error on that time.I think there are some bad contact of battery or power line on apad.I have plan to fix this problem in few days.[/quote]definitely seems like a hardware prob...i'm gonna have the electronics guy that fixes my guitar pedals try and fix it for me....if you get to it before me and have any tips let me know!!! Its ashame, I was just starting to use it a lot and it was working well....but using it plugged in all the time defeats the purpose of a small portable tablet.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi, any luck with anyone taking this apart and finding the problem? Mine randomly cuts out too, sometimes days of uptime sometimes minutes!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Same here. I can say that it's not random. It's when you use and interact with the screen. I watched a 2 h movie and it was fine with me holding it until I touched the screen. Then it shut off. Same thing for music . I play MP3 on this thing and it is fine until I have to interact with it. It has something to do with the screen. Most likely a loose connection inside etc ..

·
Registered
11 Posts
I took mine apart - watched a guy on u tube do it. refitted the screen ribbon and added some insulating tape - seems to work fine now! :)Time will tell of course

·
Registered
18 Posts
Lister;17474 said:
I took mine apart - watched a guy on u tube do it. refitted the screen ribbon and added some insulating tape - seems to work fine now! :)Time will tell of course
Hello I have the rockchip v2 apad with camera and this is happening to my Apad as well. It was flashed to the 0530 firmware and started shutting down randomly. It will not shut down while plugged in to the wall or the usb. I reflashed it and I have the same problem. Did this fix the problem for you? Taking it apart? Could you post a tutorial if it did? Thank you in advance.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts