Android Tablets Forum banner
281 - 300 of 309 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Well, I usually play around with the tablet for a total of 9-10 hours, before I re-charge it. Mostly 2-4 hours per day, googling, forum reading, playing games, watching videos with my son.

It has got an extreme standby losing 1-2% overnight (closed WiFi).

Screen is bright enough, I have set it to 0 brightness and still bright enough. WiFi is working fine.

I can say it's a very good choice, and I have used a lot other android devices with other CPU's.
Thanks for the reply Nasosak, it seems that this is a good tablet, but now I saw that they started to sell the onda 975i, which looks interesting with Retina screen and bay trail CPU , too bad it will take a month or two until we'll get trusted reviews .

·
Registered
43 Posts
Wow, things are moving fast. The first 64-bit Intel CPU for Android, Intel announced a few weeks ago having ready a 64-bit kernel for Android... We still have to wait for Google though for the 64-bit Android ecosystem, but I suspect this will come too.

Great, Android devices are moving fast forward. Hope those Chinese manufactures build trustworthy and valuable devices as well.

+1 Ramos release new OTA updates for most of their devices i9 included. They seem to do a lot of development and support their devices.

·
Registered
20 Posts
The one significant app for me that was listed as not compatible in the play store is Airdroid. I prefer this to connecting a USB cable and uploading files. Which is extremely fast BTW, in my limited experience I have hardly seen files copied across so fast, compared to a USB memory stick.

I need to do some read ups on the apps I can safely remove. I am not particularly interested in rooting and apps in general as I bought it mostly as a PDF reader. I decided to put in a little extra (was going to go for the iFive X2 initially) for the 2GHz boost. I am just happy I can read books without zooming and panning. Although I wish it was a little smoother with the background pre-processing for flicking past the next pages. Ebookdroid and SmartQ reader flies with the next pages but then when I flick back and forth they get a little stuttery because I guess the buffering is not optimal with the way I use it. With all that RAM free and available I wish they buffered more pages.
I installed Airdroid on my I9 from the Play Store without any problems. It works fine (I have used it several years now on various phones and tablets, so I know it well).

·
Registered
3 Posts
I installed Airdroid on my I9 from the Play Store without any problems. It works fine (I have used it several years now on various phones and tablets, so I know it well).
Yeah, I have installed it. It was not available the first month that I looked, fortunately I checked regularly and it became available for this device not many weeks later.

Anyone feel that the battery indicator is not very linear? Once I get to less than say, 50% my feeling is that it drops a bit quicker.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I got this tablet one week ago and quite satisfied with it. The only problem I lived till now I could not be able to install google+ application either from google play or with apk file. Can install it from apk but when I started the program it gives connection error. And I also wonder if anyone has checked the wireless display (miracast, mirrortv, etc.) property of this tablet. And if yes with what kind of TV or stick or any other.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I own Ramos I9 which turned out to be quite a dud. Wi-Fi is extremely unstable.

Poor Wi-FI

Connection problems everywhere though Wi-Fi seems to have good reception.

Speaker problems

Speaker quality is good, but for some reason sound level keeps changing. This especially is heard when watching movies/playing games where the level of music is changing and characters are speaking.

Biggest problem of them all - Very bad accuracy on screen

When holding the device on landscape mode, the right- and topmost sides cannot be reached by touching. When reaching right or top, the touches get continuosly more unaccurate as we near to sides. If only touch area could be calibrated. I have tried editing ft5x0x_ts.idc with no luck. I haven't even found where's the drivers/modules for the ft5x0x_ts are located on the device.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I own Ramos I9 which turned out to be quite a dud. Wi-Fi is extremely unstable.

Poor Wi-FI

Connection problems everywhere though Wi-Fi seems to have good reception.

Speaker problems

Speaker quality is good, but for some reason sound level keeps changing. This especially is heard when watching movies/playing games where the level of music is changing and characters are speaking.

Biggest problem of them all - Very bad accuracy on screen

When holding the device on landscape mode, the right- and topmost sides cannot be reached by touching. When reaching right or top, the touches get continuosly more unaccurate as we near to sides. If only touch area could be calibrated. I have tried editing ft5x0x_ts.idc with no luck. I haven't even found where's the drivers/modules for the ft5x0x_ts are located on the device.
thats a real shame, i've had mine for a few months and am delighted with it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I got this tablet one week ago and quite satisfied with it. The only problem I lived till now I could not be able to install google+ application either from google play or with apk file. Can install it from apk but when I started the program it gives connection error. And I also wonder if anyone has checked the wireless display (miracast, mirrortv, etc.) property of this tablet. And if yes with what kind of TV or stick or any other.
To install google+ as well as other applications you might need to update to latest firmware, and then install some missing gapps. You can find a relative post I've done in this forum with a zip containing all the missing gapps.

I've tried the WiDi with my Tronsmart Android TV Dongle with not luck. Sometimes the dongles connects to Ramos and vise versa, but immediately the dongle disconnects Ramos. To be honest I haven't searched it a lot, and I have not even connected any other device (e.g. my phone, or other tablet) to Tronsmart. I suspect this is a fault or incompatibility of the WiFi Display apps installed in Android TV dongle, but I don't care since I don't even need the wireless display to my TV set. I can see anything right from the Android TV stick.

·
Registered
30 Posts
To install google+ as well as other applications you might need to update to latest firmware, and then install some missing gapps. You can find a relative post I've done in this forum with a zip containing all the missing gapps.

I've tried the WiDi with my Tronsmart Android TV Dongle with not luck. Sometimes the dongles connects to Ramos and vise versa, but immediately the dongle disconnects Ramos. To be honest I haven't searched it a lot, and I have not even connected any other device (e.g. my phone, or other tablet) to Tronsmart. I suspect this is a fault or incompatibility of the WiFi Display apps installed in Android TV dongle, but I don't care since I don't even need the wireless display to my TV set. I can see anything right from the Android TV stick.
Google+ apk doesn't seem to install even on latest firmware and apps is not visible in playstore either (from what I read in another forum).

I managed to install Google+ running a Titanium Backup restore from another tablet...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello, could you please provide a photo of how the hole looks now? How "deep" did you have to go? I mean, does it become obvious when drilling has to stop or you need to stop and check?

Btw, can't we connect an external mic to address this problem?

thanks!

I just enlarged the mic hole of the tablet to a 1-1.5mm size and the recorded sound is much less muffled now. It is also loud enough for a normal conversation in Skype.

To achieve this I twisted a suitable drill carefully with my fingers. The plastic insert is very soft so It's easy to make it look like crap so do it gently and totally at your own risk..

·
Registered
5 Posts

Thank you very much for your answer. I upgraded to latest firmware and then rooted the tablet and downloaded that zip files you've mentioned and tried to install google+ but still without luck. And from the stores (google, 1mobile store) couldnt be able to do it either. Someone has mentioned about Titanium backup restore, but that is something I didnt try and dont know how to use.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Thank you very much for your answer. I upgraded to latest firmware and then rooted the tablet and downloaded that zip files you've mentioned and tried to install google+ but still without luck. And from the stores (google, 1mobile store) couldnt be able to do it either. Someone has mentioned about Titanium backup restore, but that is something I didnt try and dont know how to use.
That's strange. I've done it to three new Ramos i9 and all of them worked fine. Step are:

1) install new firmware from ramos.cn. This is not needed to have Google+ working, but just to have the latest firmware. I've successfully patched v19513 as well as i9.21612, and v22255.

2) root the tablet

3) Unzip and copy fixramosupdate.zip to you internal sdcard, and run sh ./fixupdate.sh from a terminal or ssh. This is needed to copy missing google files and apps.

Reboot your tablet. It should now be compatible with more apps like Google+ and show in Google Play.

Reactions: SerdarI

·
Registered
5 Posts
That's strange. I've done it to three new Ramos i9 and all of them worked fine. Step are:

1) install new firmware from ramos.cn. This is not needed to have Google+ working, but just to have the latest firmware. I've successfully patched v19513 as well as i9.21612, and v22255.

2) root the tablet

3) Unzip and copy fixramosupdate.zip to you internal sdcard, and run sh ./fixupdate.sh from a terminal or ssh. This is needed to copy missing google files and apps.

Reboot your tablet. It should now be compatible with more apps like Google+ and show in Google Play.
Thank you very much ! At last the Google+ is running on my i9. But the interesting thing was when I tried to search it from Google Play it still couldnt find it. Fortunately I was able to find and load it via 1 Mobile store and with success. Now I have another issue. The micro usb which is also "OTG usb" doesnt recognize my external harddisk(s). I tried two and none of them with success. Both of their format is NTFS, I also tried two usb flash discs and it recognized those two without any problem. Do you think that this is a software issue or the voltage needed to run the harddrive is not necessary, as one of the harddrives stops with a "click" kind of sound; as it is getting out of power and starts again then stops again and the loop goes on. Well this is not a big issue as I wouldnt and wont carry a harddisk with me but just wondered why it didnt work.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello,

a few days since I received mine.

First imperssions are good, also seems to have gotten a gps version which is nice!

My question is about bluetooth: I paired a Sony-Ericsson PV-708 headset but I don't seem to get any sound out of it. I tried with youtube and skype but the sound still comes from the speakers.

Is there any setting I'm missing here or there is a chance that this headset is not properly supported?

Thanks

[edit] After another try, I managed to get sound for skype. The other apps don't work, apparently its is only for telephony-related. So its fine.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello guys,

I cracked the screen. I see it is possible to buy a replacement. Problem is if I'm good enough to disassamble re-assamble the tablet. Questions:

1) I saw in internet that the back is glued and a heating-gun is needed to open it. Is a normal hairdryer the same? :)

2) What kind of glue do I need when reassambling?

3) Which is the temp needed to "un-glue" the back?

Thanks!

·
FW Developer
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #297 ·
Hello guys,

I cracked the screen. I see it is possible to buy a replacement. Problem is if I'm good enough to disassamble re-assamble the tablet. Questions:

1) I saw in internet that the back is glued and a heating-gun is needed to open it. Is a normal hairdryer the same? :)

2) What kind of glue do I need when reassambling?

3) Which is the temp needed to "un-glue" the back?

Thanks!
1) Pretty much.

2) Sticky tape works fine

3) Anywhere from 40 degrees to 100 degrees. I don't know?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Does anyone know where I can download the firmware for the navigation (GPS) edition?

The links that I found seem to be for the non-gps edition.

thx

281 - 300 of 309 Posts