Android Tablets Forum banner
161 - 180 of 218 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have successfully set up multiuser environment for me and my son with previous firmwares. After I updated to the latest firmware i get that reboot effect when I try to choose the second profile, or even if I try to create a new one. I suppose they've messed something with the profiles. Now I cannot use the second profile but I don't want to go to the previous firmware also cause I don't know what the differences and bug fixes are.
Do you remember the build number of the latest multi user friendly firmware you used ? (or its release date approximatively ?) (I think multi user is more important to me than small bug-fixes)

Can a previous update be flashed above a newer build ?

Thanks.

Hopefully Ramos will fix this in a future release...

·
Registered
43 Posts
Do you remember the build number of the latest multi user friendly firmware you used ? (or its release date approximatively ?) (I think multi user is more important to me than small bug-fixes)

Can a previous update be flashed above a newer build ?

Thanks.

Hopefully Ramos will fix this in a future release...
Latest firmware version is i9.22255 with most important updates (based on ramos.cn)

1. Solve the problem can not be updated weather forecast.

2. Optimization problems slow OTA update

Previous ones are:

i9.22254

i9.21612

i9.19513

I am sure it was working with i9.19513. Not sure about i9.21612 thought. I have all of them in my hard disk. So if you want them I can put them on dropbox.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello everyone,

Since yesterday I am owner of Ramos i9 tablet. I am very happy to have it. I used before Pipo S1 pro, but this one (Ramos i9) is much much more better. Works great and fast and everything runs. I test it a little and I decide to root it. I have a broblem with rooting. Adb shows: "device not found". Can someone help me. I try all what I read here, but no luck.
Also can you tell me should I update my firmware 19513 ? I still cant say if there are any issues with it , but is better if I have to update it, to do it now before to have lots of apps installed.
Thank you

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hello everyone,

Since yesterday I am owner of Ramos i9 tablet. I am very happy to have it. I used before Pipo S1 pro, but this one (Ramos i9) is much much more better. Works great and fast and everything runs. I test it a little and I decide to root it. I have a broblem with rooting. Adb shows: "device not found". Can someone help me. I try all what I read here, but no luck.
Also can you tell me should I update my firmware 19513 ? I still cant say if there are any issues with it , but is better if I have to update it, to do it now before to have lots of apps installed.
Thank you
Well done, hope you enjoy your new tablet. Rooting i9 is very simple. You might want to install the Intel Android USB Driver on you PC. You can find it here https://software.intel.com/en-us/android/articles/intel-usb-driver-for-android-devices

Updating the firmware in i9 does not remove your previous apps, so you may do it whenever you feel comfortable. It is an easy process, just copy the update.zip in you internal sdcard, and go to settings->about tablet->update from usb. It will restart, load update.zip and copy it's contents to the relevant folders, fix permissions and that's all.

You may also want to install a FixRamosUpdate.zip I have created (search in this post). This will install some missing gapps, and fix Google Store compatibility issues.

Good luck and enjoy,

Reactions: tripe

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks a lot ! :)
I changed the ROM of my Android phone before, so I guess is not different than that.

Should I update it at all if all works fine ? Pls advise.
I just received e-mail from Ramos , that they test now new update which soon will be available for downloading. They wrote me that the new update is fixing lots of bugs.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just installed latest 22255 on my non GPS i9 and once the FixRamosUpdate.zip, GoogleContactsSync.apk, Market Helper and Google+ from this thread are all installed everything works a treat. Root is behaving as it should and the device now feels a lot more like it should.

For anyone with performance issues on high end games like Asphalt 8 try using https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nomone.resolution_changer you can run the i9 at a lower res instead of DPI tweaking and it does make the games playable (aside from the lower res)

I also mailed the dev of GLTools https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.n0n3m4.gltools a while back and he said porting it to x86 is not an easy process but he may look into it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Just installed latest 22255 on my non GPS i9 and once the FixRamosUpdate.zip, GoogleContactsSync.apk, Market Helper and Google+ from this thread are all installed everything works a treat. Root is behaving as it should and the device now feels a lot more like it should.

For anyone with performance issues on high end games like Asphalt 8 try using https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nomone.resolution_changer you can run the i9 at a lower res instead of DPI tweaking and it does make the games playable (aside from the lower res)

I also mailed the dev of GLTools https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.n0n3m4.gltools a while back and he said porting it to x86 is not an easy process but he may look into it.
Glad to hear that. Though I am not sure if you need GoogleContactSync.apk to sync contacts. If you go to settings->accounts->google account and try to sync all, you might see that contacts is not syncing now. At least that is what I saw, that is why I didn't include GoogleContactSync.apk to FixRamosUpdate.zip.

As for Market Helper it is not needed after you have applied FixRamosUpdate.zip Everything is available through Google Paly after installing the missing files.

Enjoy your tablet,

·
Registered
5 Posts

Great. I was wondering if to update my tablet which I received before 1 week or no. From Ramos site they answered me that now they test the latest update which will be soon available.

Can you send me link and instructions what and how to update (for this update 22255) ?
Thank you.

·
FW Developer
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #169 ·
Nope. I emailed him too. You know what he said? He said he'll CONSIDER looking into it WHEN/IF playstore download reaches 1000.

So we have to wait for sales to reach 1000 which frankly isn't going to happen any time soon, and even then he will just simply thinking about making it x86 compatible. That's frigging shortsighted of the dev. There are plenty of x86 processors being used currently and in the upcoming future.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have Ramos i10 I think it's quite similar to i9 only screen is bigger...

I have successfully rooted this device. But I have problem with Google Play Store. I have downloaded and installed it from Aptoide. Installation was successfull whitout eny errors.

But when I try start Google play store it starts and then closed immediately.

Eny clues how to make it work? Should I download a different version?

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have Ramos i10 I think it's quite similar to i9 only screen is bigger...

I have successfully rooted this device. But I have problem with Google Play Store. I have downloaded and installed it from Aptoide. Installation was successfull whitout eny errors.

But when I try start Google play store it starts and then closed immediately.

Eny clues how to make it work? Should I download a different version?
Do you have latest firmware version? I can see in ramos.cn version Ramosi10.20140418 they say they added Google Play applications.

For i9 Google Play was there from the very beginning, firmware, so I suppose something might be different between i8, i9 and i10. That's why they make different firmwares. Those devices might have different hardware peripherals like camera, sound board, sdcard reader, or even GPU. I am not sure though.

Also I know Google Play relies on other google apps and a framework. If rooted, I think you can download latest i9 firmware from ramos.cn, unzip it to you PC hard disk, and see what files are missing from your tablet's directories. Search in /system/app for files like GoogleServicesFramework.apk and GoogleLoginService.apk in /system/framework

Remember to fix permissions according to similar files in directories if you decide to copy missing files, but for sure do not overwrite them if they are there in the first place. Just beware you might break your system.

Good luck

·
Registered
10 Posts
Ok firmware seems to be older Ramosi10.20140328 so I need to update this. I tried to update from ota but it says this is latest.
So how to update manually?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Ok firmware seems to be older Ramosi10.20140328 so I need to update this. I tried to update from ota but it says this is latest.
So how to update manually?
You might download the new firmware from ramos.cn Then place the update.zip file in the tablet's internal sdcard directory (/sdcard)

From settings->about tablet->update from zip file. It will restart the tablet and do the update.

·
Registered
10 Posts
You might download the new firmware from ramos.cn Then place the update.zip file in the tablet's internal sdcard directory (/sdcard)

From settings->about tablet->update from zip file. It will restart the tablet and do the update.
Uh... this site is in Chine language I don't know how to find right firmware there. For some reason google translator didn't work whit this site...

Can you paste here direct link to right file?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I downloaded this file "signed_flash_I10_WIFI_V1.1.rar" with my laptop. Then I copied it to memory card. Then I put this memory card to i10. Then I copied the file it to internal memory card.

From system I / system update I selected "update from SCARD storage.

i 10 rebooted and tried to install update but then it hit "ERROR" and there we this tiny red text on upper left corner saying somethind run adp xxxxxx from somewhere.

I rebooted my i10 and it still working.

Did I download the wrong file or what happened?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi all,

I hope someone can help with the following problem: my Ramos i9 no longer produces sound through the speakers, only via the headphones.

Chronologically, here's what happened:
- installed latest firmware

- rooted the tablet: this took a while as I am a complete amateur, so there was quite a lot of trial and error (both firmware and root instructions found on the web)

- downloaded Titanium and started deleting Chinese apps

- after a while realised no sound was coming from the speakers (headphones are fine) and freaked

- rebooted

- performed factory reset

- tried a second root, using Nexus 4 drivers as suggested by the guy who had provided the firmware and rooting instructions

- rebooted (x 20)

- after some more googling, installed SuperSu and unrooted

- performed another factory reset, rebooted and reinstalled the latest firmware

The speakers are still dead.

I emailed Banggood's customer service who want me to send them pictures and vids of the tablet (?)
Of course, I would prefer to fix this myself if possible instead of sending it back and waiting for a replacement.

Does anyone have any suggestions???

If not: would it be possible for Banggood to figure out that I rooted the tablet if I send it back?
(all I said was that the sound disappeared on the second day of use - I didn't mention the root).

Any help would be MUCH appreciated.

Thanks,
P.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have some WiFi issues with my Ramos i9. Comparing with my phone in same room I have with one line less signal than my phone. Someone is having same problem ?

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have some WiFi issues with my Ramos i9. Comparing with my phone in same room I have with one line less signal than my phone. Someone is having same problem ?
No not really. I have no issue with the WiFi. Is stable and fast as are other devices in my house like my laptop, and my phone.

·
Registered
224 Posts
me too mines rock solid and similar level to my other devices.

161 - 180 of 218 Posts