Android Tablets Forum banner
181 - 200 of 218 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yeah, that's how I rooted mine.

If you have the i9 already, I will update the post to reflect the actual steps I took to root it.
Hi Lambstone,

I recently bought a Ramos i9.

I rooted it once (following instructions from another source), lost sound through the speakers as a result and only managed to restore it after a factory reset, a million reboots and several firmware reinstalls.

I would very much like to root my device (in order to remove the Chinese apps etc) but I am REALLY concerned about losing speaker sound again.

Would it be possible for you to provide very detailed instructions how to proceed? I am talking idiot level :)

Many thanks!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi Lambstone,

I recently bought a Ramos i9.

I rooted it once (following instructions from another source), lost sound through the speakers as a result and only managed to restore it after a factory reset, a million reboots and several firmware reinstalls.

I would very much like to root my device (in order to remove the Chinese apps etc) but I am REALLY concerned about losing speaker sound again.

Would it be possible for you to provide very detailed instructions how to proceed? I am talking idiot level :)

Many thanks!
I guess while removing chinese apps, may be you deleted a file responsible for music (I'm not sure and I'm not that expert). I have also rooted mine and don't have any issue with music or anything else. Its running fine. In this thread, the rooting process have been described very easily. You can follow them again. Remember, only remove the apps with chinese letters. Don't touch other apps.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought a Ramos i9 2 weeks ago, and have i big issues with the battery and charging process. I rooted it and did the update to the last firmware over OTA. I sent it in to the seller, but they can't find any hardware issues.

After loading it 1 day with the provided ac charger (also tested it with others), the tablet crashes suddenly. What i found after the reboot:

- touchscreen not working

- battery icon changes to question mark

- tells that usb is plugged in, but not charging

Then after shutdown (hold 10 seconds), i try to charge it with an ac charger and it displays this error icon:

http://abload.de/img/img_20140524_195030aauav.jpg

Then it reboots, displays it again, reboots, and so on.

I looked into the boot log of android (dmesg) and found some i2c hardware errors:

---
<4>[ 3.391426] WARNING: at /home/svnadmin/build/redhookbay.devr4t4.default/kernel/drivers/i2c/busses/i2c-designware-core.c:511 i2c_dw_xfer+0x14f/0x1b0()
<4>[ 3.391628] Hardware name: CloverTrail
<4>[ 3.391823] Device: i2c-designware-pci
<4>[ 3.391827] controller timed out
<4>[ 3.392037] Modules linked in:
<4>[ 3.392274] Pid: 1, comm: swapper/0 Not tainted 3.4.34-192203-gfbf132b #1
<4>[ 3.392476] Call Trace:
<...>
<3>[ 3.405855] ft5x0x_ts 2-0038: fft5x0x_i2c_Read: i2c read error.
<6>[ 3.406052] ft5x0x_ts 2-0038: [FTS] Firmware version = 0x71
---

You will find the the whole dmesg output on pastebin:

http://pastebin.com/jKBTZ8Mq

This is the battery icon with the question mark:

device-2014-06-07-094qlu16.png

After loading it over the pc for about 1-2 hours, it shows "100% battery" and stopped charging. When i use it 30-45 minutes, it crashes and the same procedure again.

Does anybody have seen this kind of problem on any android device? What can i do?

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have had a Ramos i9 for 6 months. I am very happy with the device and agree on the positive things said about it. I must add that it is GREAT that the device charges through the usb port. It works great and it is just the way it should be. Note that this makes the usb port vulnerable since it is used a lot. This is a common thing to be aware off (not just for the Ramos tablet).

Nevertheless I would probably never buy a Ramos or other Chines brands with no official European support... even though the price is a somewhat lower than other known brands. Here are my thoughts.

1) The Ramos i9 is not officially sold in Europe. That makes it necessary to buy it through sites like Amazon or e_bayThis affects indeed consumer rights and warranty issues. It makes it a pain in the xxx and expensive postage to claim fixing errors on the device. I think that this is a major issue that makes a consumer pray that the device will not have faults or break.

2) There are no dictionaries for my local language

3) The device fails to update the firmware when updates are detected Font Screenshot Multimedia Darkness Electric blue Font Screenshot Technology Electronic device Multimedia

4) The official Ramos site is in Chinese and it is difficult to find official online support Rectangle Font Screenshot Software Parallel Rectangle Font Screenshot Operating system Software

5) The only firmware site available is VERY slow... it takes more than 4-5 hours (by today) to download a firmware of 261 MB (I have a fast connection so that's not the issue). Btw why is the file site powered by Huawei?!?

6) I like to upgrade my Android devices with custom firmwares as CyanogenMod, Open Kang, PAC etc. There are a bunch of official and unofficial approaches to that... just not for the Intel platform and the Ramos i9

7) I miss the GPS hardware. I have a Bluetooth device that I can use instead but it isn't a "Plug & Play" experience. It is also annoying to depend on external devices. I think that this is a major insufficiency compared to other devices and I cannot imagine that excluding this can have had a significant impact on the price tag.

So... nice device I don't regret having it but I wouldn't buy it again unless some of the things above are improved.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Does anyone have 0725 update? I have downloaded this and previous version more than 100 times from OTA, but i keep getting an different error each time.

·
Registered
43 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
My device (Casper rebrand of Ramos i9 @ Turkey) displays this info:

(orijinal text and english translations)

Yeni sürüm mevcut (new version found)!

Mevcut sürüm (current version): 21940

Güncel sürüm (actual version): 20140725

Dosya boyutu (file size) 431 MB

if i started update, supk_PV_RamosI9CA_0725_signed_update.zip file begins to download. But cannot be downloaded or cannot be installed.

Updates may be different for otherbrands?

Or can i install i9-20140423 (latest update on ramos.com.cn - also this was previous update displayed on my device))

Thanks and sorry for my poor English.

·
Registered
4 Posts
There seems to be a new firmware 23085 but as usual OTA download just keep dropping... anyone managed to download?

I can't seem to find it anywhere else///

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ok I have downloaded and upgraded, all apps intact including gapps, after re-rooting, everything works as usual, so far still can't tell what has improved or been fixed.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hi guys

I haven't posted for a while in this thread, playing with my Ramos i10 Pro.

I've just noticed my i9 has been trying to get an OTA update.......no suprise it keeps failing.

Has anyone managed to download the latest firmware for the i9 (not the i9s) and has a link that is faster than 5Kb/s which is what I'm getting from the Ramos site? I wouldn't mind if it took a day except it keeps failing hence the need for another option.

Thanks in advance

Rob

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi guys

I haven't posted for a while in this thread, playing with my Ramos i10 Pro.

I've just noticed my i9 has been trying to get an OTA update.......no suprise it keeps failing.

Has anyone managed to download the latest firmware for the i9 (not the i9s) and has a link that is faster than 5Kb/s which is what I'm getting from the Ramos site? I wouldn't mind if it took a day except it keeps failing hence the need for another option.

Thanks in advance

Rob
Rob, the latest update for i9 is from 2014-09-01 Version:23085. You can download it from http://www.ramos.com.cn/Download/Details/50 and follow the instructions. Use Google translator to translate to English.

Reactions: robiom

·
Registered
63 Posts
I've been trying to download all morning and it just keeps failing.

Any other links??

Can someone who has aleady downloaded this put it in Dropbox or something similar so I can get it please?

Thanks

Rob

·
Registered
43 Posts
I've been trying to download all morning and it just keeps failing.

Any other links??

Can someone who has aleady downloaded this put it in Dropbox or something similar so I can get it please?

Thanks

Rob
Rob,

Just put in my public dropbox. Here is the link, give it 10-15 minutes to get uploaded.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6632864/i9.23085.zip

After that, I usually root and then run the FixRamosUpdate, which I have written and discussed in previous posts, to copy the missing Google Apps. Here is the link in case you want this, too.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6632864/FixRamosUpdate.zip

Reactions: robiom

·
Registered
43 Posts
You are a star. Thanks very much.

Rob
Thanks. BTW this is the most stable version, and I very much enjoy the tablet. I have create multiple accounts for me and my son, so that we can both use the tablet to our interests, and not interfere to each other's apps :)

You know these youngsters do not want their dads to mess our with their Minecraft...

Enjoy,

181 - 200 of 218 Posts