Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

just took delivery of my RAmos i10 Pro and first impressions are........it's awesome, light and very responsive in both windows and android.

Small issue with Windows 8.1, it's still got some Chinese in there!

Android was rooted in exactly the same way as the RAmos i9 so nice and easy.

QUESTION: How do I install Windows 8.1 update English version and keep the dual boot feature????

Rob

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So some progress on the Android side.

It doesn't come with an option for a Google account so.......

After rooting copy GoogleLoginService.apk and GoogleServicesFramework.apk to /system/app and change the permissions to rw.r..r.. (same as the rest in the folder).

Reboot and an option is there to add a Google account.

This allowed me to get my Gmail working but still not able to run Play Store or Maps (only ones I've tried so far).

Any clues as to what else I need??

Rob

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Finally sorted all the Android issues.

I had to install the missing apks (contact stuff etc. as per i9) and then all worked (except Play Store), even Google+.

To get Play Store working I had to install a hacked version and to do that I used GooglePlay.Installer(ALL-Colors)v4.6.17.apk which was in the archive Gapps-s7yler.rar

Very pleased.

Also sorted the remnants of Chinese in the Windows system which immediately updated to the latest version and is very smooth. It was a setting in the advanced section of Language and Input.

Rob

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi im thinking about buying the ramos i10 pro do you still recommend it? after some time of use

plus can you by anychance make a tutorial on how to install everything that needed for the android part of the tablet to have all the google stuff?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Really like the i10 Pro. Only down, if any, is the volume is not as good as the i9 but ear phones are easy to use!

If you do get one post here and I'll put a tutorial on for the android and windows mods needed.

Rob

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi I also have a i10 pro on order so I would be interested for a Tutorial on root and mods .So slowly more i10 pros are arriving which is a good thing :db:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm using a 64GB in mine and both windows and android sees it okay. When I initially fitted it android was active and it reported bad file system or something like that and asked if I wanted to format it. I said okay and there it was.....64GB (well it reported 59GB but that's just the system).

Rob

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Rob

I to have taken delivery of a Ramos i10 pro having bought direct from China.

I am very pleased with the tablet but found there remained traces of chinese language in both Windows and Android.

The windows 8.1 updated to update1 with no problems and access to windows store is ok.

Need to do some work on android.

I can use all my normal windows apps for live streaming tv - this tablet looks very good!

I hope you will find the time to put together a tutorial of the windows and android mods to get the tablet up and running and to get rid of the chinese that pops up from time to time.

regards

Jim

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi Rob,

I also bought a Ramos i10 Pro tablet. It is very smooth and fast. I like it a lot.
It is an amazing device but i think Screen colors are slightly warm. I am thinking of modifying display profile.

Thanks for the tip for changing the remnants of Chinese :) I did that and every thing is great. Some Chinese again came up in Apps menu though.

Also, I am using this keyboard in Windows http://chessware.ch/virtual-keyboard/
This touch keyboard automatically pops-up when we are in desktop mode. Otherwise, we have to click on keyboard everytime.

Please provide a detailed rooting tutorial for android. I wish to run Play Store. I am a beginner to Rooting process.

My seller told me that Google play comes pre-installed from factory. When i asked him, he sent me a file which contians some google apks and steps to install palystore. He told that the package is from Ramos. I tried to follow the instructions but i am not successful. I am inexperienced in Rooting, but i still think i need drivers or some more instructions to install the package ...or the package doesn't apply to this tablet at all.
I can upload the package and instructions if you can have a look at that.

Thanks for starting the thread!

Regards,

Feher

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hi Feher

Because the i10 Pro is an x86 tablet we can use the same technique as that used for the i9, in fact all of the info in the i9 forum applies with the exception of the firmware updates.

All of the files needed are linked in the i9 forum except Gapps-s7yler.zip which I found on the link below.

I used most of the techniques from the i9 forum on SLD but also used the instructions for the i10 at http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/ramos-tablets/66882-ramos-i10-tablet-intel-z2580-2ghz-2gb-ram-10.1-inch-retina-android.html

I did find that SuperSU from the link above was a Chinese version so I downloaded and changed it in the system/app/ folder.....always change the permissions of any apks copied into that folder to rw.r..r..

I installed the apks for the contacts etc the long way using ES file manager and copying them to the system/apps/ folder manually and then changing the permissions to rw.r..r..just like all the other apks in the folder. Obviously that has to be done after rooting.

Enjoy

Rob

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi al

My i10 is stil underway it moved from Finland to Denmark with GLS so couple more days.I also have a Protective case with Bluetooth keyboard from Spemal.com for

€22 which is not too bad plus Bluetooth mouse I think will be handy for windows.I will also instal stardock for windows get the Win 7 look .Then I can choose between touch screen and mouse.There is interesting article about Z3740D cpu by freeing more memory from graphics to system if you don't play heavy games in windows you can shift mem for better system perfomis article is by mikecanex.wordpres.com also called Mike cane s xBlog .So anyone that has tried let us know

Goodnight to all uncleee

·
Registered
4 Posts
My seller told me that Google play comes pre-installed from factory. When i asked him, he sent me a file which contians some google apks and steps to install palystore. He told that the package is from Ramos. I tried to follow the instructions but i am not successful. I am inexperienced in Rooting, but i still think i need drivers or some more instructions to install the package ...or the package doesn't apply to this tablet at all.
I can upload the package and instructions if you can have a look at that.
Can you upload the package and instructions? I would like to try it.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi @pylly

if you follow the link in post #11 you'll get the files you need. IMPORTANT to remember, that link is for the i10 NOT the i10 Pro so DO NOT use the firmware listed there. The gapps install instructions start at #6.

You have to get root first so look in the i9 forum (SLD) and use the same root files/instructions for the i9. IMPORTANT again DO NOT use the firmware for the i9, just the root files.

Rob

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi @pylly

if you follow the link in post #11 you'll get the files you need. IMPORTANT to remember, that link is for the i10 NOT the i10 Pro so DO NOT use the firmware listed there. The gapps install instructions start at #6.

You have to get root first so look in the i9 forum (SLD) and use the same root files/instructions for the i9. IMPORTANT again DO NOT use the firmware for the i9, just the root files.

Rob
Hi Rob,

I have tried to root my device using the same instructions as I10. But even when root scipt was succesfull, device was not rooted.

That is why I want to see if there is another way to get Play Store working.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hi @pylly

Follow the instructions in the i9 forum. I found them to be much easier and also use Shuame. When you connect the i10 Pro after enabling USB Debugging it will start Shuame on the i10 Pro. Once that starts use the adb prompt within Shuame on the PC to enter the commands and root the tablet.

It's always worked for me.

Rob

·
Registered
4 Posts
I tried to root again with Suame and i9 instructions. install.sh says that everything went ok, but I still cannot get root working.

Root checker advanced says: "You have root access, but you need to install superuser app".

I have Superuser.apk in /system/app folder with -rw-rw-r-- rights.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Superuser.apk should have rw.r..r.. rights

alternatively just get SuperSu and install as a user app.

Rob

·
Registered
4 Posts
Fixed the problem!

For some reason there was su in sytem/xbin and in system/bin. I removed one in the sytem/bin folder and SuperSu was updated succesfull. Thank you for help.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts