Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our local RadioShack is right around the corner from one of their warehouses, so they had a few PDNs in stock surprisingly (for $179.99...yeah right). About 5 minutes after arriving at the store, some 60 year old woman came in asking about the device but the manager had no knowledge about the device or anything having to do with it, so I kindly helped her out and told her everything she should know about the Novel and it's uses. She decides she wants the device, and I let her know it's cheaper at BB&B, but she had a few gift cards she was trying to use up. At this point the manager goes to the cash register and tries to ring it up and he can't...ends up having to call one of the local corporate offices for some reason or another. After about 10 minutes he gets off the phone and then tells the lady that he can't sell any PDNs because they have a WiFi problem and are being shipped back to the factory. I'm thinking maybe the had tablets with the older firmware, but sure enough I take one out of the box and even show the manager they had 07/04/10 firmware on them all so they were perfectly fine, but nobody would budge. Needless to say the lady left very unhappy.Bottom line, even if you see a PDN at RadioShack most likely they won't let you purchase it. I hardly ever do business with RadioShack anyway because their electronics prices are ridiculous, but Jesus Christ some of their employees are thick-headed. It's been my experience that you're going to get the best deals/customer service from BB&B and Walgreens currently for your Novels now...unless you have a Kohl's card and some coupons and Kohl's Cash.

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
Ahhh, but it proves Pandigital is flexing the distribution network. This device is becoming ubiquitous.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.