Android Tablets Forum banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Thanks for this nice review!

Ever considered selling the Teclast A10 instead of the V99 or Vi40? It is a very nice 9.7" HD IPS tablet with a RK2918 processor 1GB DDR3 ram, 8GB storage, a micro usb, mini usb AND full size (!!!) usb port and hdmi. This all is selling for roughly $200,= incl shipping. ICS for this tab is on the way.

I have ordered mine a few days ago and will let you know how it is when I have it in my hands. The reviews are very positive:
Indepth chinese review
Youtube Review

The only thing I don't like about this tab is the confusing name. An A10 tab without an A10 chip.....
I don't recall pconline/zol ever give bad reviews^^; For accurate reviews, try search the Chinese forums like IMP3. But Teclast A10 is heavily flamed by the competitors as it is the 1st 9.7" IPS tablet to be released at 999 RMB price tag.

The reasons I'd gotten the Momo11, instead of the Teclast A10:

1. The weight is kinda heavy for a tablet which has nother much inside. Look up the disassembly shots you'll get what I mean.
2. The design just doesn't agree with me, especially the thickness.
3. Teclast had been quite slow at fixing the firmware issues of Teclast A10, momo11 fixed the RAM bug in 24hrs and another bugs fix within a few days.
4. Rumors that it'll be discontinued due to the negative feedbacks of disassembly shots.
5. There's no board/reflector/shield to block stray lights at the back of Teclast A10. It would be better if they use a black shell like the momo11.

http://bbs.imp3.net/thread-10517783-1-2.html

Mind you Momo11 is no better, but the design is more appealing and it is 16GB. It's also from same factory as Teclast A10, as the firmware works on each other. I would not advise people to get the Momo11, mainly cause Ployer known to be slow at firmware updates, and their product is said to have more after sales problems (especially the 1st batch). I gotten it as there isn't any other 999 RMB 9.7" IPS tablet out other than Momo11 & Teclast A10. Anyway, it'll likely accompany me for <1month before I gave it away^^;

If I'm serious about only getting 1 tablet, I would wait and see Vi40 Elite review. I have a Novo7A (Allwinner A10) and a Uzone F0C (RK2918). If you compare them, Allwinner A10 standby is REALLY much better than RK2918. I believe Roman would agree since he sells both chipset products.

Also if the 400 lumens IPS screen is real, that'll make Vi40 Elite even worth buying. Teclast A10 is 200 lumens, there were comments that it is not very usable outdoor with the sun up. Teclast A10 & Vi40 Elite are both 999 RMB, this will make Vi40 Elite a better buy.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hmm the screen concerns me a bit, although more lumens requires more battery juice, am I right? I don't plan to use it outdoor much, so hope it's not going to be a big problem.

The case/weight is no issue for me; I also have a very nice looking, sexy, Iphone 4, but I prefer my 40bucks Android phone over it anytime...

The major selling point of the Teclast A10 to me is connectivity! I haven't seen a tablet in this pricerange with 3 usb ports (one Full Size!) and a hdmi port. I can see myself using it with a mouse, keyboard and external harddrive connected without any hub, adapter or anything, almost as a pc replacement, and to me, that's pretty sweet!
Also Teclast has produced very nice products prior to this tab. For example: I don't think there is an audioplayer better than the T51 specs/price wise anywhere in the world.
The rockchips are great too. I have a 2 year old Midnite Rocktab with an old RK2808 processor and the thing performs as smooth as my brandnew N7A!!!

Edit: This is also a nice read where I more or less took your advice and went for the A10, thanks!

·
Registered
226 Posts
Edit: This is also a nice read where I more or less took your advice and went for the A10, thanks!
lol even then I was asking people to wait for Vi40 Elite. And as I said then and in previous post, I don't advise anyone to get Momo11. I would not suggest Roman to sell Teclast A10, as a lot have changed in the past 4 weeks^^ Exciting times. lol

400 lumens should consume more battery at full brightness, but you don't need to on it at full blast all the time. It's at those time u need that extra brightness that 400 lumens comes to be of use. Do also note Vi40 Elite is 6500mAh and A10 is 6000mAh and A10 has better power management.

IMHO, design wise Vi40 Elite looks like a slim version of Teclast A10. Full size usb is nice, but it should not be the excuse for extra thickness. Why do I say that? Cause my 7" Uzone F0C also a RK2918 table is 12mm thick with full size USB port. No issue with overheating.

I'm not trying to put down Teclast A10, in fact I'm thankful that it pushed down the price of 9.7" IPS. I was thinking it'll be at Q2 or Q3 before 9.7" IPS tablet breaks the 1000 RMB mark. However, if it's a reference for Roman potential selling tablet, he'll need to look at something that may sell well.

As I said things are moving really fast in the China tablet market. Today's favourite, may only last for a week.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·

Ever considered selling the Teclast A10 instead of the V99 or Vi40? It is a very nice 9.7" HD IPS tablet with a RK2918 processor 1GB DDR3 ram, 8GB storage, a micro usb, mini usb AND full size (!!!) usb port and hdmi. This all is selling for roughly $200,= incl shipping. ICS for this tab is on the way.

I have ordered mine a few days ago and will let you know how it is when I have it in my hands. The reviews are very positive:
Indepth chinese review
Youtube Review

The only thing I don't like about this tab is the confusing name. An A10 tab without an A10 chip.....
The price for that device is fantastic

However, I am less of a fan of the RK2918 now because of the A10 chipset. I have found overall system performance and battery life to be significantly better with the A10 so I am now getting behind it pretty strongly. Furthermore, the Vivante chipset that is a part of the RK2918 SoC is definitely sufficient/fairly powerful but I like the Mali-400 better overall as it is the same chip in the SGSII and I think it may end up having better game compatibility. That is just my 2 cents though. No scientific research. I don't think you got a bad device though. Especially with 1 GB of memory. I was on the RK2918 train for some time because the GPU performance is certainly decent and much better than some of the older PowerVR chipsets (not the 540... but like the 530) that were found in other SoC's in this price range at the time it was launched. Also, its video playback performance is excellent. Honestly, I know the A10 touts 2160p, but (as far as I am aware) we are still having that audio lag bug. I have had better luck with wider video format compatibility with the RK2918 vs the A10. Anyhow, that is my little spill on the RK2918 vs the A10. I still like the A10 more though because I feel like the overall performance is much more smooth. But the RK2918 is no slouch
Also, the A10 has been a much much easier device to work on and mod. Early RK2918 firmwares used a compressed file system which was a big turn off to me because it made it impossible to modify system files after the firmware was flashed. I know that some (perhaps all?) of the newer RK2918 firmwares don't have this anymore though.

Kind Regards,

Roman

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·

Indepth chinese review
d2D1eBpM5WU[/MEDIA]]Youtube Review

Start watching around the 11:10 mark in that video to see the game "blood and gore" being played.

That game plays very smoothly on my Novo 7 Advanced but also I know the Advanced has a lower resolution screen. We don't really know how well the Advanced is going to scale yet because no one has had a hi-res device to test yet. I am hoping that it continues to play smoothly though for games that graphically enhanced even at that resolution. I do know it is a better performer than my Wopad I7 was/is and they have the same screen resolution and size. However, that might also be poor firmware optimization on the i7. That can make a huge difference. My initial impressions though are that the A10 does much better with heavy graphics though than the RK2918. But, it should be pointed out that a lot of the A10 devices are more expensive.

Kind Regards,

Nathan

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
These are just my views;

Selling M11 aren't a good move, why?

Let's look Onda tablets. The best selling is the VX610W Deluxe, main reasons are 499 RMB price & people love 7" (16:9). They are much more easier to carry compared to other size. The Vi10W Deluxe is the 2nd best selling, again it's due to 7" and flat panel screen.

Vi20W deluxe aren't selling as well, as 7" 4:3 isn't big enough to have a decent reading experience, the resolution aren't good either. And at 699 RMB, the Vi30W deluxe 8" 4:3 is selling the same price. Vi30W deluxe is actually selling quite OK as the screen and touch sensitive is said to be better than Vi30 deluxe, except the resolution is better.

So the best selling point is Vi30 deluxe is being the 1st Allwinner A10 tablet to have 1024x??? resolution. But it's not selling that well due to it's expansive price. Also majority are being "educated" to like 7" (Galaxy Tab), to like 9.7" (Ipad) and to like 10.1" (A500/TF101/GT10.1/etc)

8" is neither here nor there^^; It's either you like it or u hate it. Regardless how well M11 is, the design aren't really appealing from the photos^^;

If you notice all the 9.7" IPS tablet will somehow linked to Ipad. It's mainly telling others you will like the screen/size. People tend to be able to accept 9.7" is a good size to have. Of cause you'll need to market a bit more to convinced people why they want to fork out US$250 for a 9.7" tablet.

Weight also plays a VERY important part in 9.7" tablet. I'd read a few comments in the China community, that they returned the Ten2 because of the weight. During the X'mas holiday, SmartQ Ten2 is the best selling 9.7" tablets. Reasons are Ten2 is known for it's screen, build and good wifi. The firmware is stable and they dropped the price from 1499 RMB to 998 RMB. A lot just went crazy, 360buy (like bestbuy) and newegg cn were out of stock in less than 3 days.

Novo7A good sales is mainly due to the online support and word of mouth. So I do believe it's better to go with the flow. Sell tablets with good online support
Regardless how well you can support your customer, it can't beat having a community to help support
M11 - Price was high for the reported specs. People (unfortunately) don't buy based on reported superior build quality... they just expect it lol
. The price never adjusted down to be competitive with similar devices. So, anyhow, the high-price meant that it didn't sell well. I haven't checked into it in some time though, the price may have dropped significantly. Also, many people complain about "recessed" screens. This is something that I don't mind though but anyhow, it makes the device harder to sell. Also, Meiying was not very good at providing support. Also, you made a good point about the 8" form-factor being a bit of the odd-man out. I like it because it gives a lot of screen real-estate it is still much smaller than the 9.7" devices. But what I like doesn't always matter lol. It is what the majority of consumers like

Phenomenal feedback though. The "marketing a bit more" is my concern when it comes to selling 9.7" devices. A.) All of my customers have come more or less from the forums and, more recently, a surprising bit of word-of-mouth. Also, my page rank on Google is a bit of a surprise for certain keywords. I am sure that helps a bit.

Yes, a very good point on the Novo 7A. I partly wished I had gone with the Herotab C8 early on as it has excellent community support. I just was NOT a fan of the shorter battery life and I think it was lacking some other feature or another that I look for in these devices (what exactly I don't remember lol
...). Of course, I never used the thing and I have had some folks tell me that battery life wasn't as bad as I thought it was, especially after some of the community modifications were applied.

Cheers and thanks for the beneficial feedback. You seem to have a finger on the pulse of the market.

Kind Regards,

Roman

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I have a Novo7A (Allwinner A10) and a Uzone F0C (RK2918). If you compare them, Allwinner A10 standby is REALLY much better than RK2918. I believe Roman would agree since he sells both chipset products.
Yes... standby on the A10 is ridiculously good. Very slow drain. RK2918 is okay but the A10 is indeed better with power management all around.
Honestly, I think it (A10) is comparable to the NEC Renesas A9 as far as power management goes but I think the sleep mode might actually be better.

-Roman

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
400 lumens should consume more battery at full brightness, but you don't need to on it at full blast all the time. It's at those time u need that extra brightness that 400 lumens comes to be of use. Do also note Vi40 Elite is 6500mAh and A10 is 6000mAh and A10 has better power management.

As I said things are moving really fast in the China tablet market. Today's favourite, may only last for a week.
I had a Ramos W3HD. I am not sure what the brightness (lumens rating) was on that screen but it ROCKED. Super bright and the hi-definition looked really nice. Totally different experience when you have a bright screen. Battery was small though and drain at full brightness was bad. It was RK2918 powered as well.

I am hoping Ainol will actually get a few devices pushed out here. I still want to see their 7" IPS screen device.

Your last line there sounds a lot like the current GOP nomination
lol.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Your last line there sounds a lot like the current GOP nomination
lol.
lol but it's really happened. Teclast A10 and Momo11 hype lasted for about 4-5 days on IMP3, before it got replaced by Bmorn V99 which lasted for 4 days. Then it's all Vi40 Elite (less than a week) till X'mas eve where Ten2 dropped the price from 1499 RMB to 998 RMB. That lasted till 28/29th. Then it's Ramos W21HD, W22HD and Ten3 talks, followed by Ten2plus around New year eve. After new year it's pretty much Vi40 Elite and Ten2plus.

Really crazy lol I enjoyed those days
Things are starting to slow down now...

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
I think I am going to pre-order a Vi40 Elite from my supplier.

OKAY.. So I am doing my battery test today between the Teclast P76Ti and the Novo 7A... Some VERY interesting observations thus far using Elixir 2.

First the setup:

Max Brightness - Screen Sleep Timeout set to "never"
WiFi on - Wifi sleep set to "never"
Both devices fully charged overnight
B&N nook opened up (lots of white on the screen) and left open for 2ish hours thus far.
Teclast screen is slightly brighter than the N7A. This should be taken into consideration I think.

Interesting general observations about the A10 processor using Elixir 2:
1. The speed varies from like 25Mhz up to 1 Ghz and it is often running around the 100mhz mark on both tablets when doing lite stuff (like flipping through elixir 2 pages...)

Battery Observations thus far:

So far the Teclast is at 49% and the N7A is at 81% for 2 hours and 7 minutes of being on.

UPDATE: 3 Hrs 50m... Just hit %15 on the Teclast... Novo 7A 63% ! (what the heck?, this has got to be more than just battery size differences...)

UPDATE 2: 4 Hrs 25m... Teclast died... Novo 7A 54%. The Teclast has roughly HALF of the battery life of the N7A in this test. Something is seriously not optimized in the Teclast firmware... I will continue to leave the N7A running to see how the true battery life is for the last 50%.

UPDATE 3: 7 Hrs 30m... Novo 7A 16% - The Teclast really does have HALF the battery life!!

UPDATE 4: 8 Hrs 50m... Novo 7a 8% - this is a crazy long time for this test...

EDIT: If I cannot figure out what the major power drain is on the Teclast (i.e. the WiFi Off test doesn't go WAY BETTER tomorrow... I will not be selling this model. I will have one brand new device for sell though
...)

The Wifi rating is REALLY INTERESTING THOUGH!

The Teclast stays rock solid at 72mbps tranfer speed. The Ainol N7A VARIES constantly but usually it is around 12mbps. I saw the N7A hit 54 Mbps once during this time. I am wondering if Ainol has some kind of Wifi power throttling going on whereas Teclast does not... This could explain why Wifi has had so many issues on the N7A and why it varies so much from firmware to firmware. Oh, the devices are literally like 3 feet from the router.

Will update with the final longevity results. I am going to do the same test again tomorrow but with WiFi off to see how much of a difference it makes. My theory is that the N7A will still be the clear winner, but the % margin of difference will be less.

Roman

·
Registered
381 Posts
Anyone tested Onda Vi40 Elite with Antutu ?, I am thinking of buying it and I currently own Wopad M12 (rk2918) which score 2163 on Antutu and very low GL graphic score

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Anyone tested Onda Vi40 Elite with Antutu ?, I am thinking of buying it and I currently own Wopad M12 (rk2918) which score 2163 on Antutu and very low GL graphic score
nobody has the device yet that I am aware of....

·
Registered
245 Posts
Battery is my one nagging concern really. I also look forward to the test results
. I figured a simple endurance test where I don't have to watch them both for the first 4 hours would be good so just leaving Nook open on high brightness and wifi on seemed like a simple enough benchmark. I will probably use Elixir 2 for actual run times.

You got all the accessories
. It sounds like a very different tablet though? Mine came with the market out of the box and it worked well. It was the older version of the market though and I used my script to update it. It has worked really well as I have downloaded and installed like 15 apps now. Does your's have a round DC-in Charge port that is just for charging?

ADB has worked fine with my device. I haven't tried flashing anything yet. But running scripts using ADB commands has worked no problem. I am using the PDA net driver that you can get via googling for it or you can get it pre-packaged in my netflix fix script here: http://www.topnotchtablets.com/Novo7A-NetflixFix

Perhaps that will work for you?

Kind Regards,

Roman

P.S. - I think I just replied to EVERY POST... Victory Dance
lol
I think the P76 and P76 ti only differ in the 2 point vs 5 point touch screens.(and obviously the drivers) I must also charge via USB but it does have a wall to USB plug-in.

For anyone else concerned about the USB charging, it charges twice as fast from a wall socket vs PC.

I haven't tried the PDA drivers yet. Thanks for the tip...

·
Registered
373 Posts
I think I am going to pre-order a Vi40 Elite from my supplier.

OKAY.. So I am doing my battery test today between the Teclast P76Ti and the Novo 7A... Some VERY interesting observations thus far using Elixir 2.

First the setup:

Max Brightness - Screen Sleep Timeout set to "never"
WiFi on - Wifi sleep set to "never"
Both devices fully charged overnight
B&N nook opened up (lots of white on the screen) and left open for 2ish hours thus far.
Teclast screen is slightly brighter than the N7A. This should be taken into consideration I think.

Interesting general observations about the A10 processor using Elixir 2:
1. The speed varies from like 25Mhz up to 1 Ghz and it is often running around the 100mhz mark on both tablets when doing lite stuff (like flipping through elixir 2 pages...)

Battery Observations thus far:

So far the Teclast is at 49% and the N7A is at 81% for 2 hours and 7 minutes of being on.

UPDATE: 3 Hrs 50m... Just hit %15 on the Teclast... Novo 7A 63% ! (what the heck?, this has got to be more than just battery size differences...)

UPDATE 2: 4 Hrs 25m... Teclast died... Novo 7A 54%. The Teclast has roughly HALF of the battery life of the N7A in this test. Something is seriously not optimized in the Teclast firmware... I will continue to leave the N7A running to see how the true battery life is for the last 50%.

UPDATE 3: 7 Hrs 30m... Novo 7A 16% - The Teclast really does have HALF the battery life!!

UPDATE 4: 8 Hrs 50m... Novo 7a 8% - this is a crazy long time for this test...

EDIT: If I cannot figure out what the major power drain is on the Teclast (i.e. the WiFi Off test doesn't go WAY BETTER tomorrow... I will not be selling this model. I will have one brand new device for sell though
...)

The Wifi rating is REALLY INTERESTING THOUGH!

The Teclast stays rock solid at 72mbps tranfer speed. The Ainol N7A VARIES constantly but usually it is around 12mbps. I saw the N7A hit 54 Mbps once during this time. I am wondering if Ainol has some kind of Wifi power throttling going on whereas Teclast does not... This could explain why Wifi has had so many issues on the N7A and why it varies so much from firmware to firmware. Oh, the devices are literally like 3 feet from the router.

Will update with the final longevity results. I am going to do the same test again tomorrow but with WiFi off to see how much of a difference it makes. My theory is that the N7A will still be the clear winner, but the % margin of difference will be less.

Roman
From what I observe, P76ti has been set a higher brightness level. You might notice that at brightness level of 0, its still very bright. That could be one of the causes for higher battery drain.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
From what I observe, P76ti has been set a higher brightness level. You might notice that at brightness level of 0, its still very bright. That could be one of the causes for higher battery drain.
Yeah... but I got over 9 and half hours... yes... almost TEN HOURS of life out of the Novo 7A under the exact same setup. Max Brightness on both tabs, WiFi on, Screen on the whole time, Nook App open... and the P76ti is only slightly brighter. NO NO, this isn't even just the case of a lower capacity battery (unless Teclast is lying about the capacity) this is really poorly optimized firmware. It has to be to come in at LESS THAN HALF of the life of the Novo 7A!

Absolutely crazy. Anyhow, I know 4 hours and 20 minutes is considered fine by many people so I think I am just going to sell the sample unit at a discount and wash my hands of the device. My, more or less, absolute minimum for that test is 5 hours for a device that I will consider selling.

-Roman

EDIT: I am probably still going to do the same test again tomorrow with Wifi off to see how it goes. I am just curious...

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Okay, so now the next sample I am being sent is a "Ployer Momo 9"

Does anyone have any info on this device? I am mainly interested in the "battery life" spec. Is it 3200 mAh or 4000 mAh. Most sellers report it as 4000 mAh but I saw a forum post where someone said it was only 3200 mAh. So, I didn't know if anyone could confirm one or the other.

Also... I pre-ordered a Vi40 Elite.

Thanks,

Roman

·
Registered
226 Posts
Okay, so now the next sample I am being sent is a "Ployer Momo 9"

Does anyone have any info on this device? I am mainly interested in the "battery life" spec. Is it 3200 mAh or 4000 mAh. Most sellers report it as 4000 mAh but I saw a forum post where someone said it was only 3200 mAh. So, I didn't know if anyone could confirm one or the other.

Also... I pre-ordered a Vi40 Elite.

Thanks,

Roman
Momo9 & it's clones have some users in the unlisted A8 section. The 1st batch is 3200mAh and have problems, quite a few China forum users returned it. The newer batch is 4000mAh.

Personally I don't have good impression of Ployer, as their known for slow firmware updates for their previous products. One of their previous China retailers even claims of all other brands he'd sold, Ployer products has the highest repair. He even said he has the invoices to prove it.

My momo11 is currently in the shipping process, which I relunctantly ordered due to various reasons. I'm not so worried about momo11 firmware support as it can run on Teclast A10 firmwares as they are from same factory. Also it's more for test and reviews, not expensive too. But I won't advise anyone to get Ployer product till they improve on their support. Which I believe they are trying, as they were quick to respond on Momo11 urgent firmware issues.

Why not wait for other 7" 1GB RAM tablets? It should run ICS better.
Edit: Bmorn V11 will be getting 1GB version soon.

BTW I read this morning that Vi40 Elite is likely to postpond the release date again^^; Sometime after CNY, should be end Jan or early Feb^^;

edit: Oh ya I recall the early bits of Momo9. Momo9 before released was market to be a 499 RMB tablet, many was interested in it as it would had been the 1st 1GHz 7" capacitive screen tablet. But on released the price was 599 RMB. This kinda pissed off quite a few buyers.

There were rumors the 499 RMB price was for Hong Kong and it's a 4GB version, but I never did see any review of the 4GB version lol

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Momo9 & it's clones have some users in the unlisted A8 section. The 1st batch is 3200mAh and have problems, quite a few China forum users returned it. The newer batch is 4000mAh.

Personally I don't have good impression of Ployer, as their known for slow firmware updates for their previous products. One of their previous China retailers even claims of all other brands he'd sold, Ployer products has the highest repair. He even said he has the invoices to prove it.

My momo11 is currently in the shipping process, which I relunctantly ordered due to various reasons. I'm not so worried about momo11 firmware support as it can run on Teclast A10 firmwares as they are from same factory. Also it's more for test and reviews, not expensive too. But I won't advise anyone to get Ployer product till they improve on their support. Which I believe they are trying, as they were quick to respond on Momo11 urgent firmware issues.

Why not wait for other 7" 1GB RAM tablets? It should run ICS better.
Edit: Bmorn V11 will be getting 1GB version soon.

BTW I read this morning that Vi40 Elite is likely to postpond the release date again^^; Sometime after CNY, should be end Jan or early Feb^^;

edit: Oh ya I recall the early bits of Momo9. Momo9 before released was market to be a 499 RMB tablet, many was interested in it as it would had been the 1st 1GHz 7" capacitive screen tablet. But on released the price was 599 RMB. This kinda pissed off quite a few buyers.

There were rumors the 499 RMB price was for Hong Kong and it's a 4GB version, but I never did see any review of the 4GB version lol
Well, I feel better about the fact that it has a 4000 mAh battery. Hopefully, it's problems have been worked out
. I try to avoid returns and quality issues like the plague for myself and my customers. I like the look of the device. It appears to be pretty thin and the white back on black looks good. Poor firmware support is not cool though
. There has also been a "no brand" Novo 7 Advanced knock off released. Do you know anything about that one?

The fact that the V11 might be getting 1 Gb of ram is encouraging. Maybe I need to look back towards that.

I am looking for a device to firmly take over the "lowest price" bracket. The Momo 9 struck me as a decent fit. Now I am a bit worried though about the support issue.

Yeah
... I figured that the Vi40 Elite would get pushed back. My supplier has been very cool with me about it. They are not requiring any kind of payment for my "pre-order" until they have the device in hand. I would rather it get pushed back by a full month instead of them rushing it out half-finished which is what happens most of the time.

-Roman

·
Registered
226 Posts
Well, I feel better about the fact that it has a 4000 mAh battery. Hopefully, it's problems have been worked out
. I try to avoid returns and quality issues like the plague for myself and my customers. I like the look of the device. It appears to be pretty thin and the white back on black looks good. Poor firmware support is not cool though
. There has also been a "no brand" Novo 7 Advanced knock off released. Do you know anything about that one?

The fact that the V11 might be getting 1 Gb of ram is encouraging. Maybe I need to look back towards that.

I am looking for a device to firmly take over the "lowest price" bracket. The Momo 9 struck me as a decent fit. Now I am a bit worried though about the support issue.

Yeah
... I figured that the Vi40 Elite would get pushed back. My supplier has been very cool with me about it. They are not requiring any kind of payment for my "pre-order" until they have the device in hand. I would rather it get pushed back by a full month instead of them rushing it out half-finished which is what happens most of the time.

-Roman
The OEM Novo7A that pandawill is selling? It's a shanzhai version, how's the build inside u won't know till u open up. The problem with China tablet is battery. They aren't always the capacity that they advertised lol

There should be more 1GB tablet coming out with ICS. But should be after the CNY. Most are preparing for shut down soon.

There's a speculation about Vi40 Elite that the whole batch was sent back to factory to add another 512MB RAM lol It started with a rumor that Bmorn V99 and Vi40 Elite came from same factory, but when Bmorn annouced theirs is 512MB, all went and order Vi40 Elite. The number of orders is so big, that Teclast don't dare to annouced theirs is also 512MB and have to send everyhing back or face refunds of pre-orders^^; Again this is just rumor

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
The OEM Novo7A that pandawill is selling? It's a shanzhai version, how's the build inside u won't know till u open up. The problem with China tablet is battery. They aren't always the capacity that they advertised lol

There should be more 1GB tablet coming out with ICS. But should be after the CNY. Most are preparing for shut down soon.

There's a speculation about Vi40 Elite that the whole batch was sent back to factory to add another 512MB RAM lol It started with a rumor that Bmorn V99 and Vi40 Elite came from same factory, but when Bmorn annouced theirs is 512MB, all went and order Vi40 Elite. The number of orders is so big, that Teclast don't dare to annouced theirs is also 512MB and have to send everyhing back or face refunds of pre-orders^^; Again this is just rumor
That is one of the funniest rumors I think I have heard yet
It made me chuckle, especially if it is true.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts