I don't recall pconline/zol ever give bad reviews^^; For accurate reviews, try search the Chinese forums like IMP3. But Teclast A10 is heavily flamed by the competitors as it is the 1st 9.7" IPS tablet to be released at 999 RMB price tag.Thanks for this nice review!
Ever considered selling the Teclast A10 instead of the V99 or Vi40? It is a very nice 9.7" HD IPS tablet with a RK2918 processor 1GB DDR3 ram, 8GB storage, a micro usb, mini usb AND full size (!!!) usb port and hdmi. This all is selling for roughly $200,= incl shipping. ICS for this tab is on the way.
I have ordered mine a few days ago and will let you know how it is when I have it in my hands. The reviews are very positive:
Indepth chinese review
The only thing I don't like about this tab is the confusing name. An A10 tab without an A10 chip.....
The reasons I'd gotten the Momo11, instead of the Teclast A10:
1. The weight is kinda heavy for a tablet which has nother much inside. Look up the disassembly shots you'll get what I mean.
2. The design just doesn't agree with me, especially the thickness.
3. Teclast had been quite slow at fixing the firmware issues of Teclast A10, momo11 fixed the RAM bug in 24hrs and another bugs fix within a few days.
4. Rumors that it'll be discontinued due to the negative feedbacks of disassembly shots.
5. There's no board/reflector/shield to block stray lights at the back of Teclast A10. It would be better if they use a black shell like the momo11.
Mind you Momo11 is no better, but the design is more appealing and it is 16GB. It's also from same factory as Teclast A10, as the firmware works on each other. I would not advise people to get the Momo11, mainly cause Ployer known to be slow at firmware updates, and their product is said to have more after sales problems (especially the 1st batch). I gotten it as there isn't any other 999 RMB 9.7" IPS tablet out other than Momo11 & Teclast A10. Anyway, it'll likely accompany me for <1month before I gave it away^^;
If I'm serious about only getting 1 tablet, I would wait and see Vi40 Elite review. I have a Novo7A (Allwinner A10) and a Uzone F0C (RK2918). If you compare them, Allwinner A10 standby is REALLY much better than RK2918. I believe Roman would agree since he sells both chipset products.
Also if the 400 lumens IPS screen is real, that'll make Vi40 Elite even worth buying. Teclast A10 is 200 lumens, there were comments that it is not very usable outdoor with the sun up. Teclast A10 & Vi40 Elite are both 999 RMB, this will make Vi40 Elite a better buy.