Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
First, my understanding is that the Android build will default to SDK 8 / Froyo. You can force Eclair by grabbing the source like this:./repo init -u git://android.git.kernel.org/platform/manifest.git -b eclairHOWEVER, you need java 1.50 to compile Android 2.1. To get around that on Ubuntu Lucid (which uses java 1.6), see this link: iDroid project - Forum • View topic - how to install java 1.5 on ubuntu 10.04This worked for me, on my system. I just compiled a new system.img that I will be testing, tonight.The Android kernel itself is a separate compile. For that, you need the ARM toolchain which I believe you will get from the 2.1 source code. I did manage to get this working on my main rig, but as usual I didn't write down all the steps to get it working (like I said, I would not make a good developer). I have made a zImage with s3c6410 compiled in, care of JetDroid source code, but no idea how to convert that to something that the firmware ZIP would be able to use. I know u-boot is being used, but I also think Pandigital is adding a header at the beginning to verify the file. I think.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.