Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
The Hand That Smites
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been lurking around the forum and after reading all the information provided I am pretty sure I am going to go with the Witstech A81-E (aka Wirelession W1060 aka Nationite MIDnite) but I have a few questions before I pull the trigger and order.1. How is video playback with Android 2.2 and what formats play best (I don't need to play video at 720p and have no problems transcoding from one format to another)?2. I also want to be able to use Nook for Android, I have e-books from Barnes and Nobles and I would like to be able to read them?

·
Banned
205 Posts
[quote name='Sm0k3d0uT;31613]I have been lurking around the forum and after reading all the information provided I am pretty sure I am going to go with the Witstech A81-E (aka Wirelession W1060 aka Nationite MIDnite) but I have a few questions before I pull the trigger and order.1. How is video playback with Android 2.2 and what formats play best (I don't need to play video at 720p and have no problems transcoding from one format to another)?2. I also want to be able to use Nook for Android' date=' I have e-books from Barnes and Nobles and I would like to be able to read them?[/QUOTE'] I use vidrop to re-encode avi divx 800 x 480 keep aspect 2500 kps stream mp3 192k plays great except audio plays fast. Firmware update should fix this soon.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Just checked my videos with mp3 audio stream, sound synchronization is OK, but may be they are an exception, I don't know for certain. Also I've noticed that playback improved, probably because of increased CPU clock under Froyo.AVC doesn't play that well on A81E, picture tends to crumble on dynamic scenes, AVI DivX/XVID is preferable. I'll try to encode something in 720p AVI and play it, will report later.UPDATEWell, it's not as slow, as 720p AVC file from the review, but it's still slow.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Bummer. What do you think the actual video capability of this device is...like if Wits could apply it properly. Shouldn't it be able to handle at least 720p?

·
Registered
576 Posts
[quote name='Dalkor;31842]A81E can do it too' date=' with appropriate [URL=software:If]software:If[/URL] Beagleboard enthusiasts will make something like this as an open source project, than A81-E will get 720p playback too.[/QUOTE']Video playback should be more of a function of hardware assisted decoding. The 3530 ought to be pretty good at given it's SoC specs.The only question is IF Android is leveraging that hw, and to what extent. e.g. the TCC8902 in the Augen is theoretically capable of decoding in hw, 1090p @ 30fps per the datasheet.

·
Banned
205 Posts
In wince the audio and video were very good so they should get good in Android as well. By the way As far asgraphics go this pad will play Asphalt 5 very well, crusade of destiny,heavy gunner etc. Nice, very nice.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts